Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthordubloe7
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2007
    I'm extremely surprised that no one has started a thread on fry's cards yet. especially seeing as how they have such a bad effect on both customers and employees.  
    customers perspective:  
    i mean they have a 24% interest rate, so its only worth while if you get the 0% interest for a year promo items. don't get me wrong, its a good deal for the promo items, and the promo items change every month so if you are willing to go through that hassle be my guest. not to mention the fact that you usually get asked to sign up for a fry's card at least 4-5 times every time you go through the store.  
    employees perspective:  
    i don't know if its like this at the other stores as well, but this is my experience.  
    every non management employee has a quota of fry's cards they have to get, and every management employee has a quota that their department has to get. i've been told i couldn't go home until i got a fry's card more times than i care to count. and i usually just wander around asking people for 2 hours until they decide that its not worth the labor they're paying me for. i have never gotten a single fry's card by trying to get a fry's card, the only way i get them is while i'm doing my normal duties, i don't know why they still send me to the floor. they also make people stay for fry's cards at unreasonable times, once when i had to bike home, and it started snowing (so everyone wanted to get out of the store as soon as possible anyway), and they still made me stay an extra hour. (this one i heard second hand) one time they made one of the CSAs stay to get a fry's card when they had pink eye, so in order to get fry's cards they endangered not only employees, but customers as well. i've seen a few times where customers have blown up at people because they've been asked to sign up so many times. fry's should just do what best buy does, have information sheets and sign up sheets sitting out and if customers want to sign up, they will.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    frys cards
    Does Fry's follow up on feedback cards?
    Fry's cards????!!!
    Cashiers at store 27 are getting written up for not opening up Fry's Cardss
    Why do some employees get fired for fake Frys cards and others just get a verbal warning?
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    Fry's car sucks they only have 0% financing on high margin and high priced items...which most people don't always want to buy and if you get something else the apr is so high! I don't think there is enough benifits for the frys card...plus the approval rate is very low...even I was denied a couple of times...and I have perfect credit...Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    It's the same with any retailer.  

Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA, Sears, etc. all have the same APR (most even higher) than the Fry's Card. They all have similar terms and conditions on 0% financing items as well.  

It's the price you pay for using a proprietary store card instead of a standard line of credit from a bank.  

So is it good then? That depends on your situation. If you have the option of doing a 0% financing plan on an item you're going to purchase anyways, and plan on paying it off quickly, then it can actually be a good thing. Otherwise, probably not.  

Are the quotas unreasonable? Sure, they suck, but any retail store with in-house credit systems put the same stipulations on all employees. I've worked other retail jobs other than Fry's, and they all "strongly encouraged" employees to solicit applications for credit. It's just the way our society works now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrTwo1
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2007
    I got 11+ Fry's cards 1 week (don't know HOW, I just asked and they said yes), and now they're always on my ass, expecting me to get more and more, it's like "Damn fuckers, it was luck, I cant control that shit!"
    •  
      CommentAuthorCSAhole
    MrTWo1, is your name Jovan?
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    Are you all from the same store now? hehei am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthordubloe7
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2007
    ok, how do you expect someone in returns to get more fry's cards than someone who works on the floor? by the time someone goes to returns they've been through the store at least once and has probably been asked 3 times or more (at least once by the cashier).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2007
    If anyone here owned fry's, you'd push for the Fry's cards the same way.  

'nuff said.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009
    Seee I can bring up zombie threads tooo....Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009
    pulls out the anti thread shotgun ....Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....