Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCamouflage
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2013
    Hey, after browsing around for a little bit, I decided to post here looking in regards to some issues I'm having.  

My manager has been on my case for being slow, units need to be sent out "ASAP" as soon as I receive them, they need to be shipped for repair.  
    This is understandable, however I am limited to nature.  
    Some units are packaged properly with the right paperwork needed for me to continue. Sadly, with the majority this just isn't the case. Missing/Incorrect information is the worst.  
    My manager wants to see that these units get out fast, while at the same time get shipped safely. I can't do one, without sacrificing another...AND PAYING FOR IT.  

Wrong information requires me to open the unit, sit there for 15 minutes at a time unwrapping the entire thing, and then another 5-10 looking for the S/N plus another 10 to go fix it in the system. :face-crying:  

Things are CLEARLY bad at store level, which is effecting the outcome of my will to make certain suggestions to Management.  

Who is in charge of shipping these units? I'm not upset, just stressed. I have a suggestion in that area that might carry some of the workload of each of our shoulders, while helping one another.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    What is the difference between new and refurbished?
    Store 38 open discrimination towards white employees?
    Making the jump to av sales!
    Fry’s Electronics Fined $50,000 by U.S. EPA for Making Unsubstantiated Health Claims
    Whats AV sales like at Roseville Frys? Making any money?
  2.  permalink
    They use to have a dedicated position called Service Coordinator but they recently cut it several months ago.

Each store is very different even though the policies are the same company wide. For now, my recommendation is meeting your Manager's priorities first even if you feel it is wrong. If speed is his priority, you sacrifice everything else to meet those needs and work your ability to make the best of it.

Sorry,
    Best of luck.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCamouflage
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2013
    Guest: They use to have a dedicated position called Service Coordinator but they recently cut it several months ago.  

Each store is very different even though the policies are the same company wide. For now, my recommendation is meeting your Manager's priorities first even if you feel it is wrong. If speed is his priority, you sacrifice everything else to meet those needs and work your ability to make the best of it.  

Sorry,  
    Best of luck.

Very good advice, my Manager told me that they used to have that position but they scrapped it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgobo760
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2013
    It's funny too, because that position used to be one of the most stressful with one of the highest turnover rates (at least at my store). Honestly? All computers that come in to service should just have a big 4x6 label stuck on the thing with a barcode along with basic information about the unit, such as problem with the machine, customer contact info, manwar / psc, etc, where scanning it brings up all the info needed and allows you to add parts/services automatically to the repair total. Dealing with a giant envelope of paperwork is just one more clumsy link in fry's shitty repair management process.