Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfreelancer
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2008
    I've been informed that American Express credit cards could be accepted at Fry's locations as early as this Friay.  

Or whenever they upgrade the POS to allow it.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    American Express?
    Urband Legend or Truth: American Express Black Card aka Centurion Card
    Frys to stop taking American Express and Discover?
    american express
    Please do not pleasure yourself at Fry's
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    great.. would you like a psc with that? .... no no amex doubles my factory warranty yay! :) *chuckle* :face-angel:I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsvelta
    makes my job easier. now if only you could run debit half of the time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    looks like Frys won this battle. They probably negotiated a lower rate. Or maybe Amex worked out a tiered rate plan.
  2.  permalink
    I just heard about this from our DM. They are gonna do a system update and then put up some signs and then put in the Friday Ad. Lot more money gonna run through frys now. Alot of smaller buisnesses will now shop at frys and the same with all the rich mexicans.
  3.  permalink
    asdf:looks like Frys won this battle. They probably negotiated a lower rate. Or maybe Amex worked out a tiered rate plan.

2.75% is what Amex is giving Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGamefreak88
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2008 edited
    It's nice to hear Fry's is going to start accepting American Express. I see large sales walk away nearly every day because of this. The higher processing fees will be countered by the increase in customers. I wonder how the Fry's credit applications will be affected? The more options the customer has to pay, the less likely they are to apply for another card. They should have decided on this a few months ago. I remember seeing the supervisors putting the "Visa / Mastercard / Discover / American Express" stickers on all the registers.. but cutting off the Amex ones. Hope they kept them! Interesting thought.. do our manual credit card slips have a Amex logo for us to circle?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2008
    I've confirmed this with a few calls to a couple of Frys locations in LA. It's on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfreelancer
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2008
    I've heard that NorCal stores will hopefully have them by this Monday.
  4.  permalink
    As of today (Tuesday) our store processed our first AmEx cards. Probably more than just the one. We realized how very sad it was for all of us to be excited by this news. But then again, it sucked seeing HDTV and computer sales just walk away because all they had was AmEx.  

cheers,  
    •  
      CommentAuthorGamefreak88
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2008 edited
    It's working at the San Diego store, although theres always a catch. Costco cards must be typed in manually, and on one Amex card I noticed it is one number shorter than other credit cards, which makes doing a manual amex card look weird when you type in the last 4 digits in the second field. Good news nonetheless. Now they need to fix the F8 by removing one or two spaces at the very top... it forces the text where you and the certifier sign to its own page.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJohnW
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2008
    Gamefreak88:Good news nonetheless. Now they need to fix the F8 by removing one or two spaces at the very top... it forces the text where you and the certifier sign to its own page.

Why don't you fix it? You seem to have fixed all the other registers at your store.  

How do I know this? You said it yourself. I checked your myspace and you're bragging about doing something you probably didn't even do.  

Greg can say mission accomplished! The Fry's registers are running faster than I've ever seen.  

Although, you are talking in third person so it might be someone else.