Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2008

http://consumerist.com/361515/unlawfully-detained-at-home-depot-for-not-showing-receipt  

"Matt says he was illegally detained by the Metropolitan Police and forced to return to the store to show his receipt to a Home Depot employee."  

"According to his police report, the officer stopped Matt without reasonable cause and forced him to comply with "store policy.""  

Washington D.C. police are enforcing Home Depot's "store policies" as if they were laws. lol
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2008 edited
    We in live a society that enforces corporate standing at the expense of people. That is actually one of the 14 pillars of fascism. Home Depot, Frys, etc are not part of the legislative branch!!!!! Therefore, cops should be enforcing their "laws" unless its in accordance with local, state or federal laws. Stealing is an enforceable offense NOT showing your receipt ISN'T.
    •  
      CommentAuthornewmedia
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2008
    LOL, as I was leaving Fry's I told the guy at the door about 3 yards away, "do not touch my goods" while holding the receipt inside the bag.  

Guess what, he did the right thing, just let me pass by him.:face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    newmedia: LOL, as I was leaving Fry's I told the guy at the door about 3 yards away, "do not touch my goods" while holding the receipt inside the bag.  

Guess what, he did the right thing, just let me pass by him.:face-devil-grin:

Frys has taken many lawsuits and a lot of heat over their door checking policy. For years I have never once allowed them to check my receipt. Never once have they pushed the matter, they are trained not to.  
    Believe it or not the only person to ever push the matter was a nightshift greeter at WalMart. I bought one mountain dew. I told her "Accuse me of stealing, Ill show you my receipt. Go call the cops" so on so forth... She didnt.. cause she was a dumbass. But I wish she woulve! Wal Mart has tons of money to give me if I sued!Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    LOL! It's funny to hear just the one side spun like it's already been decided by a judge or something, it's probably just a phony claim by some cheapskate trying to cash in. Go shop somewhere else if you don't wan't to cooperate with the procedures the store asks you to submit to. Why do you have to make a dramatic scene and be so oppositionally defiant? Long live Allah!Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    What if Allah asked you for your receipt?
    •  
      CommentAuthornewmedia
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2008
    who is allah?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Allah is the almighty.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    He controls the spice.