Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2008 edited
    Seriously the stores in my area are located in areas that are over 75% white with plenty of teens and people in their 20s. Yet most of the employees are non-white? If you look at Fry's internal phone directory that has about 100 people in it, at least 3/4 of the people have Asian, Jewish or African surnames. Does Fry's practice reverse discrimination? I'm thinking of going to the EEOC with this. Not to mention we only get 10 minute breaks when state laws SAYS 15. Not to mention the serious lack of legal breaks on black Friday. This company is run by a bunch of greedy capitalists!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2008
    Get over it.Superhero!
  1.  permalink
    AyaHu:Get over it.

Why because it might offend your corporate master?
    •  
      CommentAuthor458468468
    then quit you do not have to work at fry's your employment is at will
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    I hate whiners.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    lol.. go shove a sock in your pie hole..  

as far as 10 minute breaks go? when did you even take your last 10 minute break? It seems like everyone stretches them into 20 minute breaks anyways.. or slack off a little at other times.. Heck I barely take breaks to begin with other than lunch.. unless it's dead or i'm having a bad day. but as for the lack of white people.. You act as if that's a bad thing.. Heck, I'm white and would rather work with the group we have there. I find the diverse group to have more nicer people in the group rather than if they were all or mostly white. But the real reason you get a big group of minorities working there is because for some odd reason they are drawn to apply there.. and they get hired.. not more so than white people, but they apply there more often than white people.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    meinside100:
    AyaHu:Get over it.

Why because it might offend your corporate master?

Whos? I dont work at Frys, if thats what you mean.Superhero!
  2.  permalink
    Since people on this forum like to bring back dead topics, I think I will play too since I still notice this problem especially in the GA stores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2009 edited
    meinside100: Since people on this forum like to bring back dead topics, I think I will play too since I still notice this problem especially in the GA stores.

braaaaaaaiiiiinnnnnssss  

. .  
    ثHiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  3.  permalink
    I guess it really depends on where you work at and who applies. There seems to be a lot of either white people, or indian people at this store.  

I guess either way, if Fry's hired a bunch of white people, everybody would say it's racist against other cultures. Then when all the other cultures get hired, Fry's is racist against white people. Lose-lose situation.  

I find it odd that you even bother to think or care about this- people who seem to care about these things and think about racist tend to be racist or reverse-racist themselves. Everybody else who doesn't think about this stupid crap, doesn't care, and they aren't racist for that- it's just that doesn't really seem to be an issue that we should think about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2009
    Joshua: I guess it really depends on where you work at and who applies. There seems to be a lot of either white people, or indian people at this store.  

I guess either way, if Fry's hired a bunch of white people, everybody would say it's racist against other cultures. Then when all the other cultures get hired, Fry's is racist against white people. Lose-lose situation.  

I find it odd that you even bother to think or care about this- people who seem to care about these things and think about racist tend to be racist or reverse-racist themselves. Everybody else who doesn't think about this stupid crap, doesn't care, and they aren't racist for that- it's just that doesn't really seem to be an issue that we should think about it.

My question is why do most girls work as a cashier or in the cafe... isn't that sexist? :)  

But the store I work in has a pretty good mix.. not a lot of white people, but well there can be demographic differences between races... *shrugs* You may see more asians because they are more into technology? Indian people because they are more into sales? I don't think it's just because they don't hire white guys for any particular reason other than they might not get enough applicants that are white or qualified, not there are a lot of qualifications to get a job at fry's, but you cannot just hire everyone in a stack of applications..Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  4.  permalink
    someone:
    Joshua: I guess it really depends on where you work at and who applies. There seems to be a lot of either white people, or indian people at this store.  

My question is why do most girls work as a cashier or in the cafe... isn't that sexist? :)  

But the store I work in has a pretty good mix.. not a lot of white people, but well there can be demographic differences between races... *shrugs* You may see more asians because they are more into technology? Indian people because they are more into sales? I don't think it's just because they don't hire white guys for any particular reason other than they might not get enough applicants that are white or qualified, not there are a lot of qualifications to get a job at fry's, but you cannot just hire everyone in a stack of applications..

Actually, at my store- more guys are at cafe then girls. More girls are at Front Check Out, very few guys besides myself up there... which is okay for me (less competition w0000hhh)
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2009
    The reality is, Fry's hires the cheapest labor they can find. Those that are willing to work for minimum wage, have no real career aspirations, and just don't care.  

There are some, like Josh here, who are probably working at Fry's to help pay for college, but those are few and far between.
  5.  permalink
    ObiWan: The reality is, Fry's hires the cheapest labor they can find. Those that are willing to work for minimum wage, have no real career aspirations, and just don't care.  

There are some, like Josh here, who are probably working at Fry's to help pay for college, but those are few and far between.

Exactly considering that at Frys only a small handful of sups have degrees and most are past college age or at the end of the age range for traditional college student.
  6.  permalink
    meinside100:
    ObiWan: The reality is, Fry's hires the cheapest labor they can find. Those that are willing to work for minimum wage, have no real career aspirations, and just don't care.  

Exactly considering that at Frys only a small handful of sups have degrees and most are past college age or at the end of the age range for traditional college student.

I find this to be very true. Seems like most businesses end up this way- especially since the way the economy has been running, more people looking for jobs compared to companies hiring. They pull in all the people and see what they are willing to do... count money, keep track of invoices, ring up sales, clean bathrooms? You got a cashier with janitor duties mushed in there. I wouldn't be surprised if other places did this too.  

I find this shocking at my store considering we are right next to a college, I would think a lot of these students would work here- but very few. I guess I'm just one of few that can put up with some things and move on- while the others are sitting at home having their parents pay for their school and books- In the end, I'll find myself at top, not only having the college degree (plan to get masters), but the job experience too... even if it's not that great, it's more than these other students will have.
  7.  permalink
    lmao are u serious? fry's hires nothing but asian,white,indian,african. lol no joke and my side of town is mostly asian and black
  8.  permalink
    bmode13: lmao are u serious? fry's hires nothing but asian,white,indian,african. lol no joke and my side of town is mostly asian and black

Which Fry's is this?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2009
    Joshua:
    meinside100:

I find this to be very true. Seems like most businesses end up this way- especially since the way the economy has been running, more people looking for jobs compared to companies hiring. They pull in all the people and see what they are willing to do... count money, keep track of invoices, ring up sales, clean bathrooms? You got a cashier with janitor duties mushed in there. I wouldn't be surprised if other places did this too.  

I find this shocking at my store considering we are right next to a college, I would think a lot of these students would work here- but very few. I guess I'm just one of few that can put up with some things and move on- while the others are sitting at home having their parents pay for their school and books- In the end, I'll find myself at top, not only having the college degree (plan to get masters), but the job experience too... even if it's not that great, it's more than these other students will have.

Or maybe they got "real" jobs?Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2009
    bmode13: lmao are u serious? fry's hires nothing but asian,white,indian,african. lol no joke and my side of town is mostly asian and black

Asian, white, indian, african... that pretty much only excludes mexicans and native americans... and btw.. Indians are asian.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  9.  permalink
    someone:

Asian, white, indian, african... that pretty much only excludes mexicans and native americans... and btw.. Indians are asian.

i know but i like to put indians out there because we have a lot of them selling computers and restocking software
  10.  permalink
    Joshua:

Which Fry's is this?

•  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2009
    anyone with a few degrees in chemistry and metallurgy could apply here .......... oh right fried forum sorry ............. just dont think of it as salt in the wound .............. but seriously even if you have just a couple bachelors but the phd might help the turnover rate is nonexistent one person is retiring after working 25 years and still is going to work part time here ................ more salt ?? sorry :face-monkey:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2009
    bmode13:
    Joshua:

Which Fry's is this?

What's up B, I work at 23. ♫
  11.  permalink
    Sasquatch:
    bmode13:
    Joshua:

Which Fry's is this?

What's up B, I work at 23. ♫

29>23 lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2009
    I used to live in Greatwood. Familiar?
  12.  permalink
    nope is that in northside? i reside in the southwest
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2009
    It's in Sugarland.
  13.  permalink
    i stay near there but greatwood doesn't ring a bell
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2009
    It's mostly a bunch of old, rich, white retirees.
  14.  permalink
    Lmao i get those customers all the time...for some odd reason there is a lot of old guys with the same pedophile/squeaky voice from that character of, of family guy , the gay old man that stalks chris griffin . LOL
  15.  permalink
    OLD people do not like fry's cards, and they buy at fry's like its a damn hobby lobby. they make me run 5 things through a transaction like cash,coupons,gcs,credit...etc freaking annoying
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    hahaLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Ehehe dude, I love Hobby lobby.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2009
    lol as s broke person im starting to look at coupons. mainly the fast food ones but most are 241 deals which fat me up
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    AyaHu: Ehehe dude, I love Hobby lobby.

My wife lives there (and Michael's)....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    if i was let out of mu cube i wouldlive at 4x4 shops like 4 wheel parts but never buy from there $$$$$$$ always buy onlineLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  16.  permalink
    Suzukiman: if i was let out of mu cube i wouldlive at 4x4 shops like 4 wheel parts but never buy from there $$$$$$$ always buy online

Bump
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2009
    everyone should get a samurai and become part of izook.comLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2009
    Suzukiman: everyone should get a samurai and become part of izook.com

Willing to donate a samurai to me?Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2009
    sure if you fix it up ive got plenty .................................................... <----fine print just sign here X__________________Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 810
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2009
    I know this thread is a bit old, but here's the thing that caught my eye. "Reverse Discrimination". It's not reverse discrimination. It's still just discrimination. If it were reversed, they would take whomever should be discriminated against. Get your crap straight.
  17.  permalink
    Im white and i work for frys.......
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2009
    Guest: Im white and i work for frys.......

Not something to be proud of (the working for Fry's part):face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2009
    FRY'S POWER !!!...????? O.o'Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  18.  permalink
    I agree..I went to Fry's the other day and there were ONLY Asian (not Indian..but like Chinese/Viet). I don't mind who they hire as long as I get good service. But in the store in my state, they weren't selling anything to us! All of the sales on Black Friday...I was the first in line, and they said they ran out. Then when I was about to leave, three asian people came over and the asian workers gave them the very laptop that I was asking for. It was so rude. I'm never shopping at Fry's or wasting my time at that store again. The workers who work there only sell to their own people.
    I'n not racist or going against Asians or anything..don't get me wrong. I just don't like the workers' discrimination at the store in my state.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009
    sounds like friesLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  19.  permalink
    Reverse Discrimination? You're implying that all discrimination is whites discriminating against other races. discrimination is discrimination no matter who its against. White people arent hired because they dont apply at Fry's at least not in CA. why? BECAUSE ITS CA!
  20.  permalink
    WHITE POWER!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009
    gorilla I think you mean "slightly off white with some Asian and a little Mexican power!!!"  

see I am white half Italian and half German. The only way to get whiter is be full blood British they are pastyLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  21.  permalink
    Damn you Brit's with your bad accent and your terrible breath :P