Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2013
    There was a post some months back regarding Fry's using prepaid payroll cards. In one of the weekly HR reports I receive, there's an article that the federal government is cracking down on employers that use prepaid payroll cards. It notes that "it is illegal to provide prepaid payroll cards as the only form of employee pay. "
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Fry's Cards
    Fry's cards????!!!
    frys cards
    List of national retailers closing stores soon or after X-Mas (Dont buy gift cards)
    Why is Frys so obsessed with getting Fry's cards?
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 644
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2013
    Fry's breaking employment/labor laws? Shocker!!!!!!!!!!!! They do offer direct deposit through the paycard company so I assume that they "aren't" breaking the law there. However you don't receive print outs at work and you have to log in to globalcashcard . com to view your stubs. Probably not illegal. Annoying though? Yes.
  2.  permalink
    @obiwan

If you didn't know Gamestop pays their employees with ComData cards unless you have direct deposit, anyway why wouldn't you have direct deposit?
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2013
    @Guest 17016 - I'm not following your non sequitur
  3.  permalink
    LOL
    Where I live, only Walmart and "temp" agencies use payroll cards. A temp told me once they only allow x amount of withdrawals without a fee, and that they had mistakenly "over drafted" the card by 3 bucks, and were charged $30 (about twice what bank charge for checks). Also heard the companies got money for every employee they signed up, from the card issuer.

I'd kinda have to wonder about any employer that offers to pay employees with a pre-paid cards...most of the hidden fees and such tend to prey on the stupid.....I say stupid, because they are usually the only ones that tend to screw up free checking accounts (or can't get one due to horrendous credit), and NEED prepaid cards vs direct deposit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2013
    I know of a Lawsuit in California. It involved Labor Ready employees who received a check at the end of the day. It evolved into a Class Action Lawsuit involving an ATM in each location.  

The employees after working the day were told they could get a check, or use the in store ATM. If they chose to use the ATM in Labor Ready, they were charged $1.00 plus any CHANGE that was part of their pay.  

Example: Their Pay Due was $60.89. They could get a check, or a CODE for the ATM. The ATM would then keep $1.00 PLUS the change of .89 cents. $1.89 Total the ATM kept. They would then walk away with $59.00  

The Class Action lawsuit states they were Paid under the State's Minimum Wage guidelines...