Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    If I don't say "ready" what will happpen? :face-devil-grin:
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    What happens when you go back after a 5-day?
    What happens when Randy Fry and his cronies come to your store?
    What happens if you don't pick up your termination letter?
    completely about cars what do you drive?
    whats the discount and when can you use it
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2008
    It just depends on the CAs really. There is no actually rule about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2008
    Nothing, unless they don't like you.
  3.  permalink
    I've seen people get 5-dayed over it.  

Bullshit imo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2008
    Guess they didn't like 'em.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromfgninjas
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2008
    asdf:It just depends on the CAs really. There is no actually rule about it.

Wrong.  

When you signed all that paperwork your training week, it included agreeing to not only the "ready-complete" system but also to pocket checks if asked. The company holds the right, at the bases of your signature, to terminate you upon failure to ready complete.  

This rule extends all the way to the Store Manager as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    wtf. Seriously, this ready complete thing is policy but it is not enforced all the time. I see supervisors walk out without even acknowledging the CA's exist. You can pretty much trust employees after a while. You start getting watched when you're acting suspicious.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromfgninjas
    Then your CA team is greatly neglecting their jobs. Strictly speaking, the LP team is not a part of the store. They answer to the SM to an extent since they are operating out of his store, but when it boils right down to it they are paid by home office to do one thing: suspect everyone. They sign non-fraternization agreements to keep them from getting to close with other employees so that this whole "you can pretty much trust employees after a while" thing never happens.  

Allowing employees to leave the store without completing and without random pocket checks is asking for trouble, and no one should ever be above these simple measures.  

At my store even Ken Lutz was ready-completed every time he left the store back in January when he visited. Why? Because we have a good LP team; so good in fact that our LP Manager was just promoted to DDM. I don't know what store you're at, but if Mike Donnely is your DDM now, you better believe everyone is going to be doing the ready complete in your store from now on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2008
    omfgninjas:Then your CA team is greatly neglecting their jobs. Strictly speaking, the LP team is not a part of the store. They answer to the SM to an extent since they are operating out of his store, but when it boils right down to it they are paid by home office to do one thing: suspect everyone. They sign non-fraternization agreements to keep them from getting to close with other employees so that this whole "you can pretty much trust employees after a while" thing never happens.  

Allowing employees to leave the store without completing and without random pocket checks is asking for trouble, and no one should ever be above these simple measures.  

At my store even Ken Lutz was ready-completed every time he left the store back in January when he visited. Why? Because we have a good LP team; so good in fact that our LP Manager was just promoted to DDM. I don't know what store you're at, but if Mike Donnely is your DDM now, you better believe everyone is going to be doing the ready complete in your store from now on.

You're one of those people who takes their job WAY too seriously.Superhero!
  4.  permalink
    AyaHu:
    omfgninjas:Then your CA team is greatly neglecting their jobs. Strictly speaking, the LP team is not a part of the store. They answer to the SM to an extent since they are operating out of his store, but when it boils right down to it they are paid by home office to do one thing: suspect everyone. They sign non-fraternization agreements to keep them from getting to close with other employees so that this whole "you can pretty much trust employees after a while" thing never happens.  

You're one of those people who takes their job WAY too seriously.

Or is showing the truth in the light of ignorance of the security procedures of Fry's since asdf and Sasquatch mentioned there is no rule about it. I vaguely remember it.Why is there an S in Lisp?
  5.  permalink
    That Guy in Duluth:
    AyaHu:

You're one of those people who takes their job WAY too seriously.

Or is showing the truth in the light of ignorance of the security procedures of Fry's since asdf and Sasquatch mentioned there is no rule about it. I vaguely remember it.

I'm gonna be straight up and admit that I tend to walk out of there without acknowledging the CAs. I figure, if I was stealing, they'd catch me through the cameras like everybody else- and they'll be waiting outside the door to jump me like they do to all the thieves.  

Who said that he or she was taking the job way too serious? All omfgninja did was explain to us the information we were looking for, thus answering the questions of what can happen if we refuse the ready complete procedure. It's true though, when people get trusted, that's when they opportunity opens. The only good way to prevent loss is to... well... self explanatory... prevent it... and you must close up all the opportunities such as trust.  

Nothing wrong with taking a job serious though... business can be quite a serious thing and shouldn't be taken so lightly... especially if you're loss prevention. That would be like a pilot not giving a shit about their job-- would you want to be in that plane? While it is a more extreme position, all I'm saying is, who would want more: the serious or non-serious person?
    •  
      CommentAuthormerzbow
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2009
    meinside100: If I don't say "ready" what will happpen? :face-devil-grin:

who knows, theyre always too busy chit-chatting with the other CA at the door to notice.  

and the ONE time out of over 9000 times you DONT say 'ready' they get all butthurt about it.  

on a related note, i wonder how much loose change CA's end up with at the end of the day when ppls change fall out of their pockets during pocket checks and dont bother picking it up.....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2009
    i would ready complete with a hard drive in my pocketLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  6.  permalink
    Suzukiman: i would ready complete with a hard drive in my pocket

Lmfao
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    as for your signature im sane im sane im sane :face-smile:  

there was also ram i would get everything from the crush piles to people i knew.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    I almost called the cops when they took something of mine that didnt have a ticketLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf

If you look them directly in the eye and say that you can get away with anything.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009
    exactly fear another awesome quality to haveLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  7.  permalink

Are you sure you weren't just happy to see the CA at the front of the store.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009
    she was pretty hot but the point was just an extra laptop batteryLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....