Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2008 edited
    asdf
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2008
    Looking good is no crime.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2008
    Nothing wrong with a $5 tie.  
    I actually wear a $15 clip-on tie. So I'm styling.  

In all honesty, I don't think I dress "nasty", I dress what the handbook says for the most part. I don't like all the "fancy" clothes to begin with, so meh.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2008
    You wear fancy stuff at Fry's while working.. bluh.. waste of money.. it's just bound to get dirty as day goes by.. too much freakin' dust and boxes oh wait.. you stand around at the DSC podium.. k.. understand that now..you dont do any work to get dirty..I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGamefreak88
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2008 edited
    The black dickies are very popular here at the San Diego store. They are professional looking and comfortable. I have the pleaded ones, but they also come unpleaded. I wear my Vans with black socks, an ironed short sleeve white shirt, and a zipper tie. The zipper tie has brought on a lot of interest by my coworkers.

Speaking of which, anyone who wants a plain-colored zipper tie for $10 each, check out http://www.tieguys.com/ (search for "zipper"). The red ones are a perfect match to the Fry's red color.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2008
    I wear this tie  
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/clearance/megadeals/9352/  
    FTW.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorJohnW
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2008
    You sporting those tats as well?  

Who can't tie a tie on this bored? It isn't that hard.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2008
    That 8 bit tie is cool as hell.  
    Id buy it if it wasnt a zip on or clip on or whatever. Thats gay as fuck and thats for pussies.  

www.howtotieatie.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2008
    DarkCreep:I am just curious because I know many people at my store dont iron their shirts, which are over sized to begin with. Also, they wear baggy Dickies, black tennis shoes and some cheap $5 tie. I also see people with dirt marks on their collars and sleeves.  
    I am not saying Fry's is the most professional of all places, but damn, some people really look like shit.  
    I get my shirts and pants dry cleaned and pressed. I also wear leather shoes WITH black socks. I used to wear 100% cotton shirts (60%poly 40% cotton now), dickies and white socks, but ever since I started dressing correctly, I get taken a little more seriously. It also feels good that I am best dressed at the DSC podium.  

Any input? Be honest, I dont care just curious. :face-monkey:

You're probably gay.  

m_tux:You wear fancy stuff at Fry's while working.. bluh.. waste of money.. it's just bound to get dirty as day goes by.. too much freakin' dust and boxes oh wait.. you stand around at the DSC podium.. k.. understand that now..you dont do any work to get dirty..

Damn straight, they dont pay you guys enough to wear Louis Vuitton every day, so dont.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Sasquatch:Looking good is no crime.

Unless you're me. I'm criminally good looking.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    I'd rob that bank.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2008
    AyaHu:

Unless you're me. I'm criminally good looking.

I wish you had a brain. Your picture doesn't show one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2008
    asdf:
    AyaHu:

Unless you're me. I'm criminally good looking.

I wish you had a brain. Your picture doesn't show one.

Its hidden beneath my head of poofy hair.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2008
    Naw im not gay.
    •  
      CommentAuthorminolet
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2008
    It doesn't matter if you don't dress well or have dirt from all the computer case boxes all over your sleeves; I had green hands for almost a week from the raidmax computer tower boxes the cheap $50 ones with the clear side and 92mm in front. Just as long as you have the handy Frys pocket protector with at least 3 pens.:face-angel:Where you are told illegally to work 20 hours or be fired.....and people believe it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxyz123
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2008 edited
    DarkCreep:I am just curious because I know many people at my store dont iron their shirts, which are over sized to begin with. Also, they wear baggy Dickies, black tennis shoes and some cheap $5 tie. I also see people with dirt marks on their collars and sleeves.  
    I am not saying Fry's is the most professional of all places, but damn, some people really look like shit.  
    I get my shirts and pants dry cleaned and pressed. I also wear leather shoes WITH black socks. I used to wear 100% cotton shirts (60%poly 40% cotton now), dickies and white socks, but ever since I started dressing correctly, I get taken a little more seriously. It also feels good that I am best dressed at the DSC podium.  

Any input? Be honest, I dont care just curious. :face-monkey:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! wtfff WHO the hell is this??? at the industry store in the elec. comp. dept that think they're best dressed..nigga please NO ONE KNOWS HOW TO DRESS IN THAT DEPT except for a few people..LOL talking about you look the best at the DSC PODIUM...LOL LOSER!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Go back to Myspace.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxyz123
    lol go back to myspace?? HAHA  

dude you must be someone from the dept who is offended by my comment..you're probably one of those people who WEAR dickies and un-ironed shirts black tennis shoes and clip on ties..don't trip homie..if u don't know how to dress u don't know how to...i'm just saying to who ever "darkcreep" is thinks hes the best dressed...PLEASE GET OVER URSELF.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2008
    I dress as well as your typing is poor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2008
    Whoa now, nothing wrong with clip-ons. Nothing I tell you!I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2008
    Sasquatch:I dress as well as your typing is poor.

Damn you must be stylin'.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSam Is Gay
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2008
    I see alot of guys who need to button up their top button and need some new clothes. Guys dickies are not professional work clothes get it through your head. I agree that most of the women at Frys dress better than the men.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcashier27
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2008
    wats depressing is that u guys take the dress code to seriously......its a retail storeLas Vegas, NV / Store # 27 / Dept. 12
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2008
    What other retail store pays 20$ an hour or more?
  1.  permalink
    Sam Is Gay:I see alot of guys who need to button up their top button and need some new clothes. Guys dickies are not professional work clothes get it through your head. I agree that most of the women at Frys dress better than the men.

yes, this is true. but who the fuck really cares?  

why wear expensive shirts if you get them dirty with either the equipment, with carts, inventory, boxes, merchandise, dust, trash, etc...?  

why wear expensive ties to a place that doesn't pay you enough to wear them?  

for sometimes strenuous work, comfort is better than style. top buttons can really be choking sometimes.  

decent dress is okay enough. uniforms, I have no problems with, but excess ritz for JUST fry's? be real.  

though, some people could probably use more hygiene. @__@
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrenchfry
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2008
    Why dress nicely at fry's, unless they gonna pay me enough then i might think about it. Yes I understand that DSC and sales person should dress nicely because they don't do much dirty shits, but I think it is rediculous to make accessory sales to wear white cloth because they have to carry all those nasty, dusty boxes which end up making their clothes look nasty as hell.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2008
    The whole point of dressing nice is to make more money. It's fine with you if you want to dress nasty. I'm sure it reflects your check.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcashier27
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2008 edited
    well there is a difference between dressing nice and over doing itLas Vegas, NV / Store # 27 / Dept. 12
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2008
    worm:The whole point of dressing nice is to make more money. It's fine with you if you want to dress nasty. I'm sure it reflects your check.

Hrrrm I disagree here. I wear jeans and a shirt (T shirt, any shirt, I have style.) to my work and I guaranfuckintee you I make more than anyone working at Fry's. Maybe regional manager gets a salary like mine.  
    I think it has to do with where you come from. Here, we have a lot of owners ceos dressed in jeans and bahama shorts... Clean ones... but bahama shorts nonetheless. Also, when you work in an office youll understand how you really really really dont need to dress up when you never see any of your clients. Im a graphic designer why the hells would I wear nice clothes to work?  
    And graphic designers more than retail workers.Superhero!