Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthormnkdrt
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2008
    At the store in Illinois if we don't get our Frys cards per week we have to come to this stupid detention on Saturdays (called frys card training) at 7 am. We have to get 3 a week or whatever the dumb DM makes up for that week....any other stores get punished if they don't reach their 3 frys cards?
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Why do some employees get fired for fake Frys cards and others just get a verbal warning?
    Why is Frys so obsessed with getting Fry's cards?
    Fry's gets three XFX cards
    Apple is sued over iTunes giftcards!
    Fry's Cards
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2008
    That's actually a good idea...
  2.  permalink
    What the hell? If that's really happening then you need to talk to some form of higher management, unless their all in on it. I can see how easy it would be to do.. the DM checks if you got 3 or more.. if you dont.. they change your schedule. However, the morale behind this is nonexistant and the fact that the DM could get away with it is ridiculous.

At the San Diego store they sometimes pressure us to get Fry's cards, and sometimes send us out of the computer department or audio/video with a clipboard to ask customers if they wanted to apply for a Fry's card. I've heard rumors about getting suspensions for not getting Fry's cards, but it has never been done as far as I know.

I don't need to worry though. I get more Fry's cards than anyone in the San Diego cashiers area.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2008
    Fry's isnt the only place that does "Saturday Detention". Many companies do it and its not a bad idea.  

Fry's Cards mean more $$ for the company, so I dont see any wrong doing in what Fry's is doing. Fry's is a business, they are there for the money, not to pay you $9 the hour while you time fraud all day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2008
    That sucks for you.  
    At 28 every department has their own backstock/warehouse right next to the department.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2008
    Well, it is Illinois after all...Superhero!
  3.  permalink
    you can't legally be fired for not selling enough of anything. Thats descrimination, and its illegal, even in illinois (which, Im told, brings the noise). They will probably find another reason to fire you, though, so if youre not selling enough, keep youre nose clean and document everything.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2009
    Here in Arizona you can be fired at any time for any reason, period.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2009
    Non-contractual employment dude...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSERVICE
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2009
    We make our cashiers vanna for three hours on their next shift, the following week, if they do not get any the previous week!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2009
    Poor cashiers.
  4.  permalink
    SERVICE: We make our cashiers vanna for three hours on their next shift, the following week, if they do not get any the previous week!

I would screw with the other cherrypickers and not give them a damn thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgogetenkz
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2009
    they don't do this in the san diego store, do they?  

my last couple of visits, whenever I go up to the cashier they just mumble "[do you want a] fry's card", and i say no. they give me my receipt and I walk away.  
    they don't even try to convince me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKiriko
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2009
    mnkdrt: At the store in Illinois if we don't get our Frys cards per week we have to come to this stupid detention on Saturdays (called frys card training) at 7 am. We have to get 3 a week or whatever the dumb DM makes up for that week....any other stores get punished if they don't reach their 3 frys cards?

Be glad it's not to Company policy...1 per shift. The mandatory Fry's card meeting was started by Downer so he can avoid getting the Toilet Bowl Award again. It also depends on your DM. I know mine lets people slide if the department has hit it's quota for the week.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKiriko
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2009
    Guest: you can't legally be fired for not selling enough of anything. Thats descrimination, and its illegal, even in illinois (which, Im told, brings the noise). They will probably find another reason to fire you, though, so if youre not selling enough, keep youre nose clean and document everything.

Actually in the State of Illinois an employer can fire you for no good reason, it is a law. So yes you can be let go for under performing, since you haven't been meeting the company expectations. I have a friend in another dept. who got a 1 day suspension for not hitting his numbers. Sounds like the DM is getting pressure from the higher ups.  

just my two cents....