Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthornewbie
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2007
    I was wondering if there is any way to get a Fry's employee to give you a discount? I don't think flurting will work since Im a guy and most of the employees they have are males...that is their sales people.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    What are the best types of things to get with your employee discount at frys?
    Fry's gives employees their w2 today!
    Fry's employee discount
    Fry's Employees: What did you think of today's (January 5) V-Con?
    Former employees: Have you been back to Frys EVER after picking up your last check?
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    yes, ask about the employee discount program. loli am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    Discounts are closely regulated by policies. Most of the time there's not much a sales associate can do for you in the way of discounts, but there might be some way to receive a discount, as was mentioned before by maybe agreeing to apply for a Fry's card, or something similar.  

But then again, Fry's does guarantee the lowest price on any product bought from Fry's vs. any local competitor for 15-30 days. So you won't find a product cheaper than at Fry's. And if you do, then please exercise your right to the lower price through Fry's Low Price Guarantee.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2007
    No. Many people have tried to ask me for it and I always say I dont get one. They once told my friend that they will give him 30% off at Big Lots! LOL!
    •  
      CommentAuthor[])raGoN
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2007
    buy the Performance service contract then ill give you the discounts =) lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoshthesav
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2007
    Tell the Cashier that you will apply for a Fry's Card if they let you use their employee discount.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2007
    Are cashiers that desperate? I heard that in store 10, the Anaheim store, cashiers get to clean the toilets if they do not meet their fry's card quota. haha :face-devil-grin:the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheATM
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2007
    Depending on the items, our discount may not take off anything. Video game system will get you nothing, and almost every sale item is at the point where AP wouldn't even matter. AP is also limited per year, so unless you have a person who doesn't buy stuff from the company or is quiting, you probably won't find anyone willing to give up their AP.  

Sam: Typically, the rest rooms are the responsibility of the Customer Service Department, who have one cashier per hour clean and tidy them up. Unfortunately, there are always horrible customers who don't know how to aim.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2007
    Always buy an open boxed item, you can aways squirm away with a huge discount. You can even haggle by saying you'll get the warranty. Simply return it later.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMlbz420
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2007
    rab:Discounts are closely regulated by policies. Most of the time there's not much a sales associate can do for you in the way of discounts, but there might be some way to receive a discount, as was mentioned before by maybe agreeing to apply for a Fry's card, or something similar.  

But then again, Fry's does guarantee the lowest price on any product bought from Fry's vs. any local competitor for 15-30 days. So you won't find a product cheaper than at Fry's. And if you do, then please exercise your right to the lower price through Fry's Low Price Guarantee.

not true, if the discount is too much they will refuse to do it.  

example: "fly" pentop computer. frys still had it marked for its debute price for $99 every other store had it for $30 seeing that it was already out for over a year. but most locally were sold out and frys had like 3 or 4 in stock  

called ahead of time and got the ok from a manager before driving out there  

when showed the add from circuit city they refused because it was printed out from the website and was told we could have "modified the ad"  

so the manager said it had to be a print ad or we had to have the store print out a raincheck or recipt to prove the price. so off to circuit city we went  

now back at frys with recipt in hand the manager refuses again stating that the item had to be in stock at the other store to honor the price match....what?!?! if they had it in stock i would have just bought it from circuit city in the first place.  

after several more minutes of arguing and all the waisted gas/time/travel along with jumping through hoops to apease the requests for compliance they refused the match. add that to the list of experiences that have caused me to refuse shopping at frys ever again.  

by the way this was not even a sale price. it was tha actual full retail price that every other store was selling it for. the 3 or 4 frys had in stock were in dusty damaged boxes as well because they were on the shelf for so long. no doubt because they were three times more expensive.  

so what is frys comon practice with the price match?  

What are they doing, only price matching if they can run out and buy the cheaper one to replace there stock? is that why it has to be within 15 miles? bs if you ask me.
  2.  permalink
    Mlbz420 ... go buy your shit somewhere else if you don't like Fry's polices! If you see it cheaper somewhere else then! Why should we loose money on something when you can just buy it there... If you don't like our Price Match Policy then... fuck you!
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2007
    lol calm down, both of you. Shop at best buy. Work at best buy (for an employee discount)i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHtown
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2007
    now back at frys with recipt in hand the manager refuses again stating that the item had to be in stock at the other store to honor the price match....what?!?! if they had it in stock i would have just bought it from circuit city in the first place.  

after several more minutes of arguing and all the waisted gas/time/travel along with jumping through hoops to apease the requests for compliance they refused the match. add that to the list of experiences that have caused me to refuse shopping at frys ever again.  

by the way this was not even a sale price. it was tha actual full retail price that every other store was selling it for. the 3 or 4 frys had in stock were in dusty damaged boxes as well because they were on the shelf for so long. no doubt because they were three times more expensive.  

so what is frys comon practice with the price match?

Actually, that is pretty much the policy on a price match, though I don't know why they would tell you that you could get a price match when you couldn't.  

Firstly, we don't match online prices at all, even for the frys.com website. Second, the item has to be in stock at the other store. You have to be able to theoretically walk into the other store and get that price for the item; they apparently don't want our price matching to be used as an alternative to a raincheck from another store.  

Then why not go get it at the other store? Well, if Fry's is closer and you don't want to waste gas it can be nice. Also, I think the price matching is mostly used for items that customers have already bought at Fry's. So if something goes on sale somewhere a few days after you buy it, you can just come and get the difference refunded to you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2007
    The biggest problem I have regarding this is the customer's inability to deal with the fact that our online prices are different. Don't get mad at me because you can get your precious DDR memory online for thirty dollars less. For one, you're paying for the privilege to bring the item back if it doesn't work, or you don't like it. Or the privilege of being able to look at an item and hold it in your hands. Online retailing is a different beast compared to retail sales. Feel like storming off saying you're going to Best Buy, or elsewhere? MY pleasure. Have fun paying 50% more. Lost a customer? Hardly. I gained a break.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2007
    All of fry's direct competitors in store prices match the website. The website is just bullshit.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2007
    True, the website is pretty awful, but it's not meant to compete with Circuit City or Best Buy. Frys.com is competing with Newegg, Tigerdirect, and others; very popular online merchants.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2007
    If frys.com wants to compete it should lower its prices. I'll choose newegg any day over frys.com. I'd choose Frys store over Best Buy though.Howard Dean for America '08
  3.  permalink
    Any way to get a Fry's employee to give you a discount?

Give him head??  

Why would it matter if your a man??  

You want that discount you better work for that shitee
    •  
      CommentAuthorH0vvl3r19
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2007
    if you want discount as a favor, id like a favor too, apply for a Fry's card
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    H0vvl3r19:if you want discount as a favor, id like a favor too, apply for a Fry's card
    Buy a PSCi am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    That's returnable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2007
    newbie:I was wondering if there is any way to get a Fry's employee to give you a discount? I don't think flurting will work since Im a guy and most of the employees they have are males...that is their sales people.

Could just ask. I've used my discount twice on random customers I don't know out of the two years of working there. I did one of them just because I felt like it and that the customer waited patiently for a little while to return something.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthoralyshah
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2008
    It would be nice, too, if you were reasonable with your discount requests. Please remember that we aren't going to discount a CD by 50% just because there's a tiny crack in the corner. You can replace a CD jewel case really easily, so things like that aren't going to fly. Nor is it reasonable to ask an associate to take $200 off an X-Box 360 just because there's a ding in the box from where the strapping was put on. Take us seriously, and we will honestly do what we can to help you. But please, use your brain beforehand, unless you like being the customer we remember three weeks later as an unreasonable ass.The only thing worse than ignorance is stupidity.
  4.  permalink
    I hate customers who come in and ask for discounts just because the box is crushed in the corner, or something so small it wouldn't even hurt the product.  

Pathetic asians do most of the time! :face-crying:
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    elusivententionz: I hate customers who come in and ask for discounts just because the box is crushed in the corner, or something so small it wouldn't even hurt the product.  

Certain products I would not remotely consider buying if the box was smushed.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    AyaHu:
    elusivententionz: I hate customers who come in and ask for discounts just because the box is crushed in the corner, or something so small it wouldn't even hurt the product.  

Certain products I would not remotely consider buying if the box was smushed.

Most smushing comes from employees dropping products.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2008
    worm:
    AyaHu:

Certain products I would not remotely consider buying if the box was smushed.

Most smushing comes from employees dropping products.

all hp laptop boxes come to the store looking pretty much beat up..I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    That is because HP gets shipped via Fedex, and usually they are not shrink wrapped together on a pallet like most other notebooks. So they get bounced around individually and end up getting dirty and rough looking  

Toshiba and Sony boxes look so good because they're sent inside other boxes, then removed in receiving.
    •  
      CommentAuthormissycj
    If customers want the online price then they should just order it from frys.com and do the instore pickup. That's the only way to guarantee the online price at the store. If they come in wanting the online price tell them to go order it online. Maybe walk them over the public internet in your store.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2008
    But that's not the way Fry's should do business. They should sync their online prices and their store prices. Buyers and DDM's claim over and over that the ad pieces are mostly company wide, with very few variations, so why would it be so hard to have the same prices online as in the store?  

Customers would have an easier time understanding it, it would make it easier to ensure sales in the store if they get there and the price they saw online is the same, and it would reduce the manpower time it takes now to explain that to a customer, or to find a manager to pricematch.  

The recent trend has been for the website to hold over sale prices from the weekend before. This just makes it hard to explain to the customer, or to deal with in store, and it leaves a bad taste in their mouth and makes them not want to return to Frys.  

IMHO, Frys.com is the absolute worst website of a retail chain of this size in the country, and its hurting Fry's to not have a better sense of online operations. I could go on all day long about things to change with Frys.com, but I'll spare you all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    calculon: But that's not the way Fry's should do business. They should sync their online prices and their store prices. Buyers and DDM's claim over and over that the ad pieces are mostly company wide, with very few variations, so why would it be so hard to have the same prices online as in the store?  

Customers would have an easier time understanding it, it would make it easier to ensure sales in the store if they get there and the price they saw online is the same, and it would reduce the manpower time it takes now to explain that to a customer, or to find a manager to pricematch.  

The recent trend has been for the website to hold over sale prices from the weekend before. This just makes it hard to explain to the customer, or to deal with in store, and it leaves a bad taste in their mouth and makes them not want to return to Frys.  

IMHO, Frys.com is the absolute worst website of a retail chain of this size in the country, and its hurting Fry's to not have a better sense of online operations. I could go on all day long about things to change with Frys.com, but I'll spare you all.

Because online items come from a huger warehouse. And certain items sell better online than in the store, which is why, if a product is not selling online, they might mark it down, as well as it sells in a store.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    calculon: But that's not the way Fry's should do business. They should sync their online prices and their store prices. Buyers and DDM's claim over and over that the ad pieces are mostly company wide, with very few variations, so why would it be so hard to have the same prices online as in the store?  

We would make less money.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2008
    You're both wrong.  

If you had consistent prices across the website and the store, then customers that had a Fry's nearby would just run down to the store for the item instead of ordering online. And isn't that what we're trying to do, getting customers in the store? So, more customers in the store mean more items going out the door, which means making more money (assuming you have competent salesmen who can actually sell instead of clerk).  

As far as certain items selling better in the store, then do that exclusively. Take items out of the store, sell them from the website only (which many special order items are) so that we can just honestly tell the customer "We don't carry that in the store, just online" and mark it clearly on the website so there is no question about it.  

The problem that happens right now is that they are carrying over sale prices online to move inventory out of the webstore on items that are still stocked in the store. So the store level can't/won't match those prices, or can, but not on a consistent basis, and it causes confusion from the customers and even less of a chance that they'll actually get off their butt to walk into the store and get the items they need instead of just ordering online.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Brick and mortar is a completely different market from online sales. We want to capture the most of both markets, and they system we use now is the best way to do it. People that shop online usually don't care where they order from, so long as it's the lowest price they can find. This is why the online prices are consistently lower than in store, specifically high volume items like memory. At my store there is, on average, only one person a day that complains about the discrepancies in pricing. Now that we have in-store pickup, the situation is even less of an issue. If we lowered the store prices to make a couple customers happy, we would be making significantly less money. If we raised online prices to satisfy those few customers, we simply wouldn't sell anything. Frys.com has pretty low traffic compared to sites like Newegg, as is. Another benefit of having the website independent from the store, is the ability to modify prices on the fly. There are certain items that we must sell [buy] a specific quantity of within a given time period to qualify for an even lower manufacturer price. If we are not selling quite enough of item A to earn the lower pricing within a given time frame, we can drop the price significantly online and move much more, while the chumps that come into the store still pay full retail. Win win. That's the name of the game. Also, the website is a great tool to fire sale discontinued or graveyard items while conserving in-store shelf space.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    To summarize:  

Fry's stores have overhead. The interwebs do not.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    The bottom line is online prices are great because your only overhead is usually the warehouse employees and shipping.
  5.  permalink
    AyaHu: To summarize:  

Fry's stores have overhead. The interwebs do not.

I used to tell customers that a lot and that seemed too hard for some people to understand.  

Frankly, I don't see any reason that Fry's can't have different prices online vs. in the store, BUT the website ought to denote that product is x dollars in online and y dollars in the store so neither customers nor the employees waste their time. A number of competing companies do it that way.
    •  
      CommentAuthornewmedia
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2008
    I always shop online and do store pick up unless its a free shipping.  

Its win win situation for me and the store, not for sales person.  

I do this with all the major electronic stores who now offer this service.  

As you can see, doing a business on internet can be low margin but its also very effective way to move particular product fast and cheaply while selling at cost or below cost.  

just like this forum thats catering to fry's , they have on line site like slickdeals or fatwallet to cater consumers to good deals on certain products posted by its members who may work for other retailers.  

Isen't internet fun when you consider the same company you work for is also selling same products for less money and screwing you to make more money if they sold at same price ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2008
    Not everything is cheaper online, when I bought my laptop it was on sale in store but not online...Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthornewmedia
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2008
    limited QTY is main reason they only had it for in-store only.  

BF day is only few weeks away, lets see how many laptops will fry's price under $400.
  6.  permalink
    i am a frys employee at store 44 in oxnard, Ca
    just wanted to give u all a heads up on the discount program rules,
    a employee can give anyone he/she wants access to their discount, BUT the discount is calculated based on department and product popularity, and a employee is only allowed 500-1000 dollars MAX discount(based on their seniority) over the course of a year, ending on nov 1, the unused discount does not roll over, plus the employee MUST be present when the discount is given
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009 edited
    Guest: i am a frys employee at store 44 in oxnard, Ca  
    just wanted to give u all a heads up on the discount program rules,  
    a employee can give anyone he/she wants access to their discount, BUT the discount is calculated based on department and product popularity, and a employee is only allowed 500-1000 dollars MAX discount(based on their seniority) over the course of a year, ending on nov 1, the unused discount does not roll over, plus the employee MUST be present when the discount is given

I could be wrong but I thought the discount was 90% off the gross profit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2009
    That's what I've heard.
  7.  permalink
    Yeah I have never heard it that way. Based off the department and popularity? I don't think so. It's 10% above cost. Meaning what ever Fry's bought it for you would pay 10% more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJoshua
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2009
    gossipgirl025: Yeah I have never heard it that way. Based off the department and popularity? I don't think so. It's 10% above cost. Meaning what ever Fry's bought it for you would pay 10% more.

To add to that, I heard only on selected items too.
  8.  permalink
    Well it depends on what the store bought it for. Game consoles are already below GP so you get no AP on them and also if there are items on sale in the ad you don't get AP on.  

The things you get massive AP on is car audio, ipod accessories, porn and cables.
  9.  permalink
    gossipgirl025: Well it depends on what the store bought it for. Game consoles are already below GP so you get no AP on them and also if there are items on sale in the ad you don't get AP on.  

The things you get massive AP on is car audio, ipod accessories, porn and cables.

It has been a while since I worked for Fry's, but ad items you could sometimes get AP. The problem is that most ad items are already below 10% margin.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009
    Even items on sale have positive GP. And then you can still get 90% off the GP.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009
    Not true in components.