Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2013
    Listen up Las Vegas — it’ll be at least a year before the new Fry’s Electronics is finished in Boca Park.  

The planned location has been delayed by the company but Boca Park’s management noted Fry’s is still committed to the shopping center. Boca Park is owned and operated by Triple Five, the development company that owns the Mall of America and West Edmonton Mall. Its U.S. corporate offices are in Las Vegas.  

http://mail.aol.com/38221-111/aol-6/en-us/mail/DisplayMessage.aspx?ws_popup=true

Frys.JPG
    •  
      CommentAuthorgobo760
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2013
    FrenchyFry: Listen up Las Vegas — it’ll be at least a year before the new Fry’s Electronics is finished in Boca Park. The planned location has been delayed by the company but Boca Park’s management noted Fry’s is still committed to the shopping center. Boca Park is owned and operated by Triple Five, the development company that owns the Mall of America and West Edmonton Mall. Its U.S. corporate offices are in Las Vegas. http://mail.aol.com/38221-111/aol-6/en-us/mail/DisplayMessage.aspx?ws_popup=true

That's cool. Fry's has been needing another high-overhead store where they can just barely break even each year. Hope this gem gets completed soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2013
    Maybe Fry's is delaying this store because overall Fry's isn't doing too well. We were down in Dickenson, TX on Saturday and stopped by Rudy's BBQ in Webster on the way back. Fry's Webster is located right across from Rudy's. Their parking lo was, at best one-quarter full (the Academy sporting goods store across from it was about 90% full).
  1.  permalink
    They were talking about another store on that side of town when I worked there in 10 years ago and it still hasn't happened. I'm predicting the grand opening is the 7th of Never.
  2.  permalink
    Opening a new store while everyone is guessing the company is doing shit?

They might not be doing too bad after all.
  3.  permalink
    I'm not surprised: brick and mortar electronics retail is dying. Best Buy made a $481 million loss last year, and Comp USA and Circuit City are just branded versions of Tiger Direct's website now.  

The only people shopping at Fry's are going to be looking at products to buy on Amazon, Asians buying the negative margin ad laptops to send back to India/Vietnam/wherever, people who want free tech support from the salesmen, or the few "gotta have it now" types, who will price match and destroy any profit for Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2014
    Chris_Tomkinson: I'm not surprised: brick and mortar electronics retail is dying. Best Buy made a $481 million loss last year, and Comp USA and Circuit City are just branded versions of Tiger Direct's website now.  

The only people shopping at Fry's are going to be looking at products to buy on Amazon, Asians buying the negative margin ad laptops to send back to India/Vietnam/wherever, people who want free tech support from the salesmen, or the few "gotta have it now" types, who will price match and destroy any profit for Fry's.

Price matching can be a hit or miss. I've had it before where I took a $1100 laptop down to $950 and lost only a couple cents ($25 commission to $24.50). But usually you'll lose all your commission despite the fact it's barely a price change ($500 item matched down to $490 etc). We've had a couple $200 range ASUS laptops that paid $6 commission for said Asians, and $900 laptops that paid $0. Idiots who want free tech support get sent to the service department by me.  

Most people don't even know we price match. So we take advantage of them.