Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWorker
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2013
    It seems like customers ALWAYS want the item that just happens to be out of stock, it seems like they are really drawn to an item that isn't there.  

Is it like "I don't see this item below the demo....IT MUST BE THE BEST ITEM I WANT IT!"?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBest Buy
    Or if you use a little logic you could deduce that the out of stock items are more likely good products and therefore they sell out more often. Good product = good sales = sold out = Mr. Customer saying "do you have this item in stock?"
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    R status = nobody wants it.  
    W status and last one is demo = EVERYBODY wants it.  

When the R status becomes W status it turns into the most popular item of all. No price changes at all either. I think customers are attracted to the green "clearance" signs thinking they are cheaper than they are before.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2013
    r3j3ct: R status = nobody wants it.  

When the R status becomes W status it turns into the most popular item of all. No price changes at all either. I think customers are attracted to the green "clearance" signs thinking they are cheaper than they are before.

It's funny how most customers want the products that pay no commission.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    Anakin:

Those are usually the ad items, like the laptops for $200 range. I steer them away from those most of the time by telling them the cold hard truth of owning a slow and unreliable computer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    r3j3ct:
    Anakin:

Those are usually the ad items, like the laptops for $200 range. I steer them away from those most of the time by telling them the cold hard truth of owning a slow and unreliable computer.

They don't care about unreliability because they're buying it for a kid or a relative in India.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2013
    At that point I stop wasting my time and move to the next customer. If something pays $0 I just hand them the laptop and move on, no quotes and further interactions. Have a great day, next!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    r3j3ct: At that point I stop wasting my time and move to the next customer. If something pays $0 I just hand them the laptop and move on, no quotes and further interactions. Have a great day, next!

So you just hand them a laptop and not walk them to the cashier? Just let LP tackle them along the way?
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    No need to walk people up to the cashier if the laptop is under $1000. But I never walk them up anyways, it's a waste of time. Zero paying laptops I just send them on their merry way (no tech bench or PSC)... but the rest of them I just superglue the quotes to the laptop OVER THE UPC so the cashier can only scan the quote ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    r3j3ct: No need to walk people up to the cashier if the laptop is under $1000.

Is that store policy? When did this start happening? I was in computer sales until earlier this year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    I think they changed that policy from summer this year. No longer have to walk every single laptop unless it's over $1k or an Apple piece of turd. But I never walk them because it's awkward as fuck and wastes time.
  1.  permalink
    I carry a sharpie marker and put a line through the upc on most items. Seems to solve the problem of lazy cashiers "forgetting" to use the quote. No one has said anything about it so far.