Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthornewbie
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2007
    I heard they have plain clothes officers since they have a high theft rate... and they have really good security and camera systems...
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    they're called loss prevention and they are undercover. Almost every store has them. They have to catch you on tape for the true law enforcment to take action.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    They're not undercover peace officers though. They're solely employed by Fry's.  

Every retail store has these employees though. Walmart, Best Buy, Sears, Circuit City, etc.  

And many of the policies in place by Fry's are there to reduce shrink on products. While most customers might view some of the things they go through while shopping at Fry's (check verification, receipts checked at the door, return policies, etc) as an inconvenience, in the end they're in place so that Fry's can keep offering low prices to customers by protecting honest shoppers and stopping dishonest customers from ripping off the store and forcing prices higher.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2007
    Yes. Our store has about 6 of them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorluv6mama
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2007
    we have plain clothes lpos (loss prevention officers) however looking so obvious with walkie talkies and going back where only employees go defeats the purpose
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2007
    lol when they are on the prowl you can see them walking fast.. i follow sneakily.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganC
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2007
    I really hate these guys. They think they're so cool by spying on shoplifters, give me a break, you guys are retards. This one especially goes to the LP manager at Anaheim, what an asshole.  
    But again, they're just doing their job. Fry's LP is good, to say the least. I commend them lol :face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthortinunidhu
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2007
    frys dosent have undurcover police.they are loss prevention associate and officer who protects the store from theft
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2007 edited
    There might not be police but undercover narcotics agents. Watch out for anyone asking for drugs or wanting to have contact with your supplier.i am a worm.
  1.  permalink
    I worked in LP for two years before I left for the computer department. I was the top CA "Courtesy Associate" in the company. Then they stopped giving us comission and I left. I made more money than any LPO in all the stores.#24 Concord California, Computer Sales
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2007
    I don't understand. How would an LP associate make commission?
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2007
    I think it might be similar commission you earn when you rat customers or associates out but only at a smaller scale. They probably get paid for every item not rung up or the wrong items rung up.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2007
    CA's "commission" basically works on if they catch a return associate stepping away from an item that is usually a lock up item. That's called a "catch", therefore they get commission. Also if they catch that a cashier overcharged/undercharged a customer when they check them at the door. Things like that. Correct me if I'm wrong and/or add to it.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2007
    Punkzilla:CA's "commission" basically works on if they catch a return associate stepping away from an item that is usually a lock up item. That's called a "catch", therefore they get commission. Also if they catch that a cashier overcharged/undercharged a customer when they check them at the door. Things like that. Correct me if I'm wrong and/or add to it.

Which means if you are making the most commission in this, you are a rat bastard who takes joy in ratting out people for something as stupid and natural as accidentally walking away from a container that is normally locked, and therefore makes you a self righteous asshole. And you probably have no friends and failed at life.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2007
    Harsh.
  2.  permalink
    Sasquatch:Harsh.

but prob right:face-devil-grin:We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
    •  
      CommentAuthormilh467
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2007
    Sasquatch:I don't understand. How would an LP associate make commission?

Didn't they explain this to you in your orientation week? Well, maybe its only store 28, maybe not, someone verify if this happens in your store:  
    - LP catches customers stealing = $50  
    - Employee notifies LP to catch customer = $50 for LP AND employee  
    - LP catches employee stealing = $250  
    - Employee notifies LP to catch employee = $125 for employee / $250 for LP  
    - LP catches store owner stealing = LP gets fired  

j/m about the last part =P.. but yeah, heard that's the program, though I never got to catch anyone.. yet =\
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2007
    milh467:
    Sasquatch:I don't understand. How would an LP associate make commission?

- LP catches store owner stealing = LP gets fired  

- LP catches store owner stealing.. priceless.Howard Dean for America '08
  3.  permalink
    in store 29# training we viewed 10 videos of people stealing in the . 2 of which icluded 1 cop and a priest. the cop was stealing a flashlight and the priest was stealing lexar gig cards.
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2008
    bmode13: in store 29# training we viewed 10 videos of people stealing in the . 2 of which icluded 1 cop and a priest. the cop was stealing a flashlight and the priest was stealing lexar gig cards.

I always though viewing that information was against their rights.
  4.  permalink
    Sasquatch: I don't understand. How would an LP associate make commission?

LP gets commission on catching employees doing bad stuff. One LP at the store I worked caught a guy making-up a fake Frys card, he got fired, the LP girl got 50 bucks.
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2008 edited
    man:
    bmode13: in store 29# training we viewed 10 videos of people stealing in the . 2 of which icluded 1 cop and a priest. the cop was stealing a flashlight and the priest was stealing lexar gig cards.

I always though viewing that information was against their rights.

If they have been convicted its OK since they are guilty of the crime. Thats why most of the arrest tapes shown during training are pretty old.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2008
    remember at frys they try to make it so customers dont have rights and since your an employee they can share that with you.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2008

I laughed because I thought you said fleshlight, instead of flashlight.