Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2013
    Where can I start...  

COUNTLESS misleading information, including but not limited to:  

Wrong specs  
    Inaccurate inventory check  
    Discontinued items being displayed  
    Misspelling  
    Limited detailed specs  

Specs of computers labeled wrong... customer sees a PC on Frys.com with a HD 7870 GPU and the actual PC only has an HD 7730. Inventory check is ALWAYS wrong (old news). W status items are left there with a "while supplies last" imprinted on the bottom in microscopic orange text, often with "too good to be true" prices like a $50 laptop etc. Lots of misspelled words that kindergarteners know how to spell... probably from noob typists typing too fast for their own good. Some items lack any detailed specs of any sort, while some give limited specs.  

Get your fucking shit together Randy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2013
    One of the biggest things that drives me nuts is a customer coming up to me and asking for that $100 desktop or $30 monitor that they saw online. I'd tell them "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is". Then they'd raise hell over "false advertising" and demand to speak with a manager. I'd send them up to the SM or ASM and giggle while they're storming up there. This one customer nearly lost her mind when she came in looking for this $59 Dell slimline desktop and I offered her our cheapest computer in stock at the time, which was $298 and ON SALE. Hilarious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBest Buy
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2013
    Frys.com is by far the worst website that I have to deal with regularly. Customers laugh when I use newegg to check basic specs since our website is such a joke. They really need to fix the W status thing too. Items that only one store has should not be showing up on the website. Even if legally/legitimately it says "check availability," people are going to rush in without checking. Plus let's put that aside for a second. WHAT FUCKING STORE CAN'T SELL A $100 DESKTOP!?!?!?! GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER STORE #14. You guys fucking suck balls. As long as even one shitty store has one clearance/crazy markdown item, it will show up on the website and this needs to change.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2013
    Fry's misleading? It can't be! I'm....shocked...
  1.  permalink
    This was driving me absolutely crazy every time a customer came in looking for the online "special" and then bitch when I told them Frys hasn't had that item in stock for over 2 years! They would even wave a printout of the web page in my face listing the item as being in stock. I would have to take the customer over to the pos terminal and show them we had zero stock in all stores (except maybe a "W" item in Downers Grove). Probably the worst web site run by the worst company in retail. Maybe Randy Fry would like to play the knockout game, the one where a random stranger punches you in the face!
  2.  permalink
    I thought Frys.com was supposed to be a living museum of what online shopping was like 15 years ago. The internet version of those historical villages where everyone dresses up and pretends it's Jamestown colony in 1607. People don't actually try to shop there, do they?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 3825
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2013
    I am always telling my customers to call the store, and have the person on the phone 1.) physically check to see if the item in question is available and 2.) actually hold said item for them so they can pick it up in person. If both of these things cannot be done, then I will NOT drive to the store.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2013
    But they can't even get in contact with the store thanks to the awesome Call Center; they are talking to a person who doesn't even work in the store they are calling for.  

I would correct the title of this thread and call it "Fry's needs some serious work."Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2014
    As of now, the site got a complete overhaul. I overall like the look and feel. Still a few oddball things.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2014
    Punkzilla: As of now, the site got a complete overhaul. I overall like the look and feel. Still a few oddball things.

The search function still sucks... but at least it looks more modern