Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2008
    Anyone wanna take a wild guess?  

I know they are going to do it, but I dont know when.  
    Or is there another reason everyone is going to sales?
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Fry's Electronics to remove commissions and pay employees hourly rates.
    So, how much longer does Fry's realistically have?
    how much do u wanna bet???
    can someone tell me why frys ad stuff is so cheap, are they losing money on ad items?
    Goodbye Deferred Compensation... Hello full commission?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    There is another....  

Sky..walker...  
    Also reason.
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    So frys wants salesmen to really earn minimum wage? Yeah right. They need a sales driven sales force to survive. The products won't just move off the shelf.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromfgninjas
    Sevenup:Anyone wanna take a wild guess?  

I know they are going to do it, but I dont know when.  
    Or is there another reason everyone is going to sales?

Minimum wage has gone up so much that it's morecost effective to have Salesmen and have them all earn their way above minimum wage. They'll never remove commission, though. Warranties wouldn't move themselves.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    They double salesmen in ALL the departments making it hard to actually make money. I have a feeling they want everyone to make the same and see how much they make,then put everyone as hourly at $14/hr or something.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    They are merely flooding the floor... gah! Think it's more of a way to get rid of bottom feeders...but if you hussle enough, you'll still make the same.. :) but i dont know. I don't see that big of an influx of salespeople in Anaheim.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorknowitall
    It's been really slow lately I feel bad for sales people I talked to a couple of friends they are making much much less compared to years past and their families depend on that money.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    I havent been doing bad.. I been pretty consistent.. Actually had a really good week this week.. best I have had in months.. but well it does seem slower.. i'm just stepping it up a bit..I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2008
    Its cheaper for a company to pay commission. How many times do I have to go over it here.Superhero!
  2.  permalink
    AyaHu:Its cheaper for a company to pay commission. How many times do I have to go over it here.

Agreed. Back when I worked for Fry's about half of the department would have made less were it not for the commission draw system. Were there no commission to be made I would have simply made recommendations purely based upon what I would have been most likely to buy myself as a customer, which in many cases would not have been the product that the company made the most money off of. Except for a lot of the newbie customers to a product I probably would have avoided selling warranties as well.  

I can remember spending 5-10 minutes trying to close a PSC sale. If not for the pressure cooker environment that I tried putting customers under I would have just moved on. A lot of co-workers who were better a closing PSC sales were even better at dealing with objections on selling the PSC might spend 10-15 minutes trying to close the sale. If there was no financial motivation that showed up in my paycheck I would have only pushed the warranty when I saw a supervisor within earshot. I bet that most other people would do the same.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest21875
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2011
    Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but it's now 2011 and they still haven't removed it yet. In fact, they're doing the exact opposite and turning every department into a commission only structure.