Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorupcycler
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2014
    I noticed that the Fry's retail store in Roseville, California does not have a dumpster outside their store. I am curious how/where Fry's gets rid of their waste (i.e. paper, plastic, e-waste, etc.)?
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 644
    Looking to make a business arrangement with them? Good luck. Not all stores have a compactor. Most stores transfer their garbage and recycling to another store where it is compacted and ultimately either sent to the dump or sold.
    •  
      CommentAuthorupcycler
    Thanks Guest 644. I wasn't looking to make a business arrangement with them. I just thought that they might have found a way to recycle all of their waste. Your explanation makes sense now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 5323
    I've heard that the San Diego store dumps their waste in WalMart's dumpsters across the street.
  1.  permalink
    san diego has sooo much wierd stuff that it woudnt surprise me at all, i herd they fired a new service guy who asked about the legal stuff. i saw that guy for only a few days then he was gone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2014
    Guest: I've heard that the San Diego store dumps their waste in WalMart's dumpsters across the street.

Actually, Wal Mart dumps their trash in our dumpsterFry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAviator08
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2014
    Guest: Looking to make a business arrangement with them? Good luck. Not all stores have a compactor. Most stores transfer their garbage and recycling to another store where it is compacted and ultimately either sent to the dump or sold.

I heard that when the garbage is transferred to the local hub store it also has to be inspected by loss prevention. Has anyone ever heard or seen this process before?
  2.  permalink
    Yes,

they do inspect it. That's why demos and customer discards will get those yellow stickers. They inspect it because they don't want people throwing product away to collect it later; then they wouldn't even have to take the product out of the store themselves.