Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2014
    Well...had to make a trip to the NW Houston Fry's yesterday. They're the only ones that stock replacement batteries for Logitech Harmony remotes (yeah...I checked on line first to make sure they even had it). Noticed LOTS of empty shelves, and lots of merchandise with a nice coating of dust. The parking lot was maybe a quarter full - and that was five hours before the Super Bowl began.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Is Frys in trouble? Company Denies it, but empty shelves tell story
    Fry's New Delimma, "Open Box Product ONLY on Shelves"
    Lots Of Photos Of Employees
    Fry's is like the Walmart of electronics
    What is the status of Store 15 San Diego Fry's?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBest Buy
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2014
    Empty shelves seems to be the norm these days. It feels like it's only a matter of time before Fry's goes out of business. Buyers are always making bullshit excuses like "oh the vendor is backordered" or "copper prices are skyrocketting." Seriously, Mr. Buyer? The customer in front of me doesn't give a shit about your excuses. Just admit that you haven't paid the vendor so that you and I can at least operate in an honest environment. Why Fry's thinks that they can operate this way (empty shelves/pegs) in a time when customers have limitless choices from a throng of competitors is beyond me. Perhaps it's because they are so broke that they have no choice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2014
    Best Buy: Empty shelves seems to be the norm these days. It feels like it's only a matter of time before Fry's goes out of business. Buyers are always making bullshit excuses like "oh the vendor is backordered" or "copper prices are skyrocketting." Seriously, Mr. Buyer? The customer in front of me doesn't give a shit about your excuses. Just admit that you haven't paid the vendor so that you and I can at least operate in an honest environment. Why Fry's thinks that they can operate this way (empty shelves/pegs) in a time when customers have limitless choices from a throng of competitors is beyond me. Perhaps it's because they are so broke that they have no choice.

Or they don't want to spend the money getting more merchandise. Force salespeople into selling customers crappy alternatives that are gonna get returned anyways.
  2.  permalink
    Walked into Store #7 (Fountain Valley) around noon this past Saturday and it seemed as quiet as a library. Gone are the days when it was a madhouse teeming with people and missing was the huge line at Returns snaking out of the entrance. That giant screen tv that used to have something interesting playing is gone too. For some reason, they moved all of the toys/legos to the front of the store and just an aisle over from the Xbox items.

It was empty in the computers sections, not one customer checking out laptops or desktops. It was sad to see that they have vehicles parked near the lot entrance so that it doesn't seem as empty. The merchandise has been faced up to obscure the cold, hollow nothingness behind it.

It seems that it won't be too long before this place is gone. It was one of my favorite stores for the longest time, goodbye ol' chum.

SoftwareHouse, Fountain Valley (RIP) from the 90s
    CompUSA, Fountain Valley (RIP) same building
    ComputerCity, Costa Mesa (RIP)
    Fry's (_???_)
    MicroCenter (???)
  3.  permalink
    When in doubt, send all the useless stuff on your shelf to a small store. I see one store always receiving open box items and 30 of the same TV antenna. Clears the shelves and then you can make room for nice things.