Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    As I stated in another thread, I worked at Fry's for just over 7 1/2 years. 5 1/2 of those years as a supervisor. I quit at the end of 2012. If you have any questions about Computer Department stuff, I will be glad to try and answer them for you.
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Coming soon to a Fry's store near you....Paycuts for department supervisors!!!
    Supervisors & Department Managers & ASM & Store Managers
    Moral is still down in the computer department
    computers department
    STAND UP COMPUTER DEPARTMENT, AV DEPARTMENT
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2014
    Favorite sandwich from the Cafe?Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  3.  permalink
    After eating there every work day for 2 years, I honestly cant say I have a favorite. I got so sick of the food lol.

The short lived Club sandwich was nice, before they made it more expensive than the regular sandwich combo.
  4.  permalink
    And I just realized I hadnt logged back in. Sorry, the comment above this was my reply.
  5.  permalink
    Why does AV get much more commission on the same items? Ex: Furniture
  6.  permalink
    Having worked in both AV and Computers, the simplest answer is, the buyers.  

The buyers are the ones that buy the items, set the margin and commission. From what I could tell, the AV buyers were just better at getting higher margin items and putting higher commissions on items that they wanted pushed out the door. One of my friends worked as Sup 5 in computers, and he complained non stop about how incompetent the Sup 5 Buyer was at the time.