Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWorker
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2014
    It seems like I'm always merchandising when I work so I might as well not have to worry about meeting sales quota and all that.  

At my store it feels like this  
    Supervisor = Salesman, Salesman = Merchandiser, Merchandiser = Cash Register
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2014 edited
    Worker: It seems like I'm always merchandising when I work so I might as well not have to worry about meeting sales quota and all that.  

At my store it feels like this  
    Supervisor = Salesman, Salesman = Merchandiser, Merchandiser = Cash Register

I never do what my supervisors tell me. They tell me to put up freight, I'll just push a cart over a few aisles and... OH A CUSTOMER, HOW CAN I HELP YOU?  

Don't buy into the work for free bullshit. You make money by selling, not stocking shelves like a low life scum. Most supervisors (I've known a few good ones... and I mean A FEW) will run their stupid scheme of telling all sales people to go do labor while they sit there and make all the high dollar sales. Don't let that happen. I've gotten into a few of my supervisors faces for that, and trust me I'm not one of those people who sugarcoats anything. I straight up ripped him out.  

Now go sell, make money, and be happy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 5775
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2014
    In short: No.

Fry's has policies which make it very difficult to be demoted unless you are a supervisor in the Customer Service department; the only reason that it's easy in Customer Service is because Fry's cheats by claiming any movement to the sales floor as a "career move" (implicit promotion). You have a better chance for promotion to Management Trainee or Supervisor compared to a demotion to Merchandiser.

With over five years of experience and management positions in three separate departments I have never seen a Sales associates being demoted to Merchandiser nor to Customer Service Associate. I have requested demotions about five times and each time it took a really long time even with the utmost support and help from my Store Manager; each demotion had very special circumstances and normally it was a demotion to another (lower) management position.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 644
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2014
    Worker,

Why would you want to get demoted to minimum wage? Just find a new job that sucks less and pays more than $8 per hour.

Guest 5775,

5 demotion requests is not in any way typical of a normal "career" path at Fry's. That said, I've only seen Sales Associates transferred to returns, service, or FCO as supervisors, promoted, or fired. Never have I seen one demoted to Merch/Accessory Sales.
  1.  permalink
    I feel like I write in alien or something because I never said that I had a normal "career" path at Fry's. The purpose of my last statement is to show how difficult it is for a demotion even with complete support from upper management; also, it gives me credibility in the topic because I have been demoted several times and have several years of experience. I also agreed: I have never seen anyone move from sales to merchandiser.

- Guest 5775.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 5870
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2014
    We had a 20-30 ish year old guy start out as AV merch and he moved to sales in about 2-3 months. On the day of Black Friday 2013, he made $150 while the next lowest person was $500 and you saw the despair on his face. We knew he was getting canned soon but he somehow went back to merch and is still there. Hey, he's happy with what he does. Let the guy do what he wants.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAviator08
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2014
    I also have seen a sales person be demoted. I won't mention what store but it was in the computer department. He wasn't cutting it as sales so he went down to merchandiser. IMO I don't know why you want to do that but that is was happened. What surprised me the most about it was that he stayed in the department. If it was me I would have at least moved departments to avoid the degradation by the other sales people, which from what I have seen in computers can be pretty rough. To each his own I guess.