Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAviator08
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2014
    Nothing pisses me off more than when I have to do a price match with amazon when shipping is charged but only if you do not have prime. Many customers gloat about " we'll I have a prime account" so then fucking use it. You are paying extra for that free shipping. No I am not going to waive the shipping. Anyone else agitated at people who do this?
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Amazon Prime
    Talk trash about your boss online. Goverment says it's OK
    Is getting written up for doing your job a sign you are about to get fired?
    Do people in your store know about this website?
    Your rights to express what you want about Fry's on this site
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2014
    Yes, I get pretty pissy with those types of people.  

I straight up tell them they can either pay for the shipping and get it today, or go buy it with their Prime account.  

Also, when something is not shipped and sold by Amazon, or only "fulfilled" by Amazon... I will not match it for you. Go buy it on Amazon you cheap curry munchin dot head piece of shit Indian scum :face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2014
    Aviator08: Nothing pisses me off more than when I have to do a price match with amazon when shipping is charged but only if you do not have prime. Many customers gloat about " we'll I have a prime account" so then fucking use it. You are paying extra for that free shipping. No I am not going to waive the shipping. Anyone else agitated at people who do this?

That's that sort of attitude why Fry's is loosing business. Heck...even Best Buy doesn't try and add on shipping costs.
  2.  permalink
    This is rather true.
  3.  permalink
    Racist used car salesmen unite! How about selling me that Hugo, Reject? I have 10 grand just burning a hole in my pocket. LOL
  4.  permalink
    If you buy an item on www.newegg.com advertised with the Iron Eggâ„  Price Guarantee badge from December 25, 2013 through March 31, 2014 (Guarantee Period) and find a lower advertised price on the same item (of identical brand and model number) within 14 days of the purchase date, Newegg will match that price subject to verification and the terms below. The cost difference will be credited to you in the form of a Newegg promotional gift card. This offer applies only to the advertised online price of identical items offered for sale by major retailers (each a "Competitor")*. Auction site prices are not eligible for this offer. For purposes of comparing prices, the price ("Price") is the total advertised price of the item including shipping costs, but Price shall not include discounts from a "Loyalty" or "Membership" program and Price shall not include shipping discounts from a membership program such as Amazon Prime. In addition, the Price of a Newegg item shall not include sales tax, if any. Competitor's Price must be advertised after you bought your item but no later than March 31, 2014. All times stated herein are Pacific Standard Time.

This is from newegg ... I love the prime part
  5.  permalink
    I never add on the shipping price when price matching online. Takes 2 minutes to price match, stop complaining
  6.  permalink
    We are being instructed in our store to include shipping, even though a few months ago it was murky waters/don't include shipping.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2014
    Guest: We are being instructed in our store to include shipping, even though a few months ago it was murky waters/don't include shipping.

It begs the question - why bother going to Fry's to get a price match, when all they're going to do is bust your chops. If I can get the same price match at Best Buy without the hassle, I'll go there.
  7.  permalink
    I agree with you. The only thing fry's has going for it is a larger selection to pricematch.
  8.  permalink
    Price matching at Frys will usually knock down the commission to almost zero, depending on the item. This is really unfair to the salesperson that is paid on commission only. Their aggressive price match policy makes Frys seem desperate and seems to say to the customer that the prices are a problem to start with, as well as attracting shopping bottom feeders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorweasle
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2014
    Piggyback on a friend's Prime account. That's how you realize the savings.
  9.  permalink
    ObiWan:
    Guest: We are being instructed in our store to include shipping, even though a few months ago it was murky waters/don't include shipping.

It begs the question - why bother going to Fry's to get a price match, when all they're going to do is bust your chops. If I can get the same price match at Best Buy without the hassle, I'll go there.

Because Fry's has a lot of stuff Best Buy doesn't, obviously. Best Buy is fine for buying mainstream electronics but for components they're hopeless. Shipping really should be included in any price match, though. If an item is $20+$4.99 shipping, than the actual price of the item is $24.99.  

In all honesty, though, why go into Fry's if you don't have to? If Amazon has the better price and better service and you've paid for a prime membership then just buy it there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2014
    True - Fry's carries "a lot of stuff" (emphasis on"stuff"), but is it anything the average consumer really wants to buy ( or even needs). When it comes time to replace my MBP, I'll go back to the Apple Store, 'cuz I get a discount through where I work (and via KelbyOne). If I need something photo related, I'll go to the local camera store or order it from B&H (free shipping).  

Fry's is the "only if I'm totally desperate and need to fix something now" scenario.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 4807
    Haters be hatin but Frys is surviving, and improving
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Guest: Frys is surviving, and improving

Surviving - barely  
    Improving - the empty shelves say otherwise
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2014 edited
    ObiWan:
    Guest: Frys is surviving, and improving

Surviving - barely  
    Improving - the empty shelves say otherwise

Despite that, they're still making money... corporate that is. It's the sales people who are barely surviving, and the empty shelves don't improve our sales. I recently had 4 more sales people in my department fall into the draw and 3 of them are on their last week, no chance of recovery. They're basically giving all the sales to other people because for them to take it themselves would be pointless and selfish.
  10.  permalink
    r3j3ct, how can you say that they are still making money? You wouldn't know if Fry's is raking in it or barely scraping by. As a private company you would have no idea the state they are in. Why make shit up?
  11.  permalink
    ObiWan: True - Fry's carries "a lot of stuff" (emphasis on"stuff"), but is it anything the average consumer really wants to buy ( or even needs). When it comes time to replace my MBP, I'll go back to the Apple Store, 'cuz I get a discount through where I work (and via KelbyOne). If I need something photo related, I'll go to the local camera store or order it from B&H (free shipping).
    There's no reason to buy a MBP anywhere else. If you're going to pay top dollar for Apple you may as well get a five star shopping experience. For me, dropping $1200+ on a laptop and then getting the used car salesman hard sell for the PSC inside a dirty, cavernous, empty shelf store would take some of the shine off it.  

Fry's is the "only if I'm totally desperate and need to fix something now" scenario.

That, and showrooming/price matching. Honestly I don't know why people get so excited about the latter. If it's a better deal on Amazon/B&H/Newegg/whatever I'd just buy it there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    frysemployee: r3j3ct, how can you say that they are still making money? You wouldn't know if Fry's is raking in it or barely scraping by. As a private company you would have no idea the state they are in. Why make shit up?

Look at Randy Fry. Does he look like the typical "broke mofo" to you? Guess not. There's your answer. They make more money by cutting our commissions. PSCs are almost pure profit. Everything is marked up so high and more expensive than other retailers (including Wal Mart, Best Buy, Office Depot, Office Max) who are local as well. Most people don't price match, only smart ones do (there are very few smart people out there in case you didn't know).  

For fuck's sake, Randy has his own motherfuckin ISLAND... don't tell me they're barely "scraping by".
  12.  permalink
    As I suspected you don't have any hard numbers to backup what you are talking about.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2014
    frysemployee: As I suspected you don't have any hard numbers to backup what you are talking about.

Well then, if you do then please share.
  13.  permalink
    I'll make it easy for you. Frys is way more profitable this year than last year. And they'll be even more profitable next year. Even if I gave you numbers you'd all doubt them cause that's what you come here for. Most of you want to hate on the company that gives you money and puts food in your table. Others of you have so much of an ego that you can't let to of what happened years ago, Jedi wanna-be. The shelves aren't empty, they're buying the stuff that customers are buying. Think about it. Why stock what doesn't sell and just goes clearance. Who knows, by the end of this year some of you might be singing a different tune, or just stop posting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2014
    Since Fry's is a privately held company, their financial statements aren't available publicly. Ergo - you really don't have any hard evidence that "Frys is way more profitable this year than last year"...unless of course you can produce a copy of their financial statement, a report from S&P or Moody's.  

As to Fry's "buying the stuff that customers are buying", I honestly have to question this given some of the just plain junk that the local Fry's had on display. Oversized ghetto blasters, no-name computers and TV's, aisles and aisles of DVD's that haven't been touched in years to name a few.
  14.  permalink
    Actually, you Jedi wanna-be, seeing as how I've attended the last three years of financial meetings I do know what I am talking about. Can I post such sensitive information on a public forum? Of course not, because of a term called 'confidential information'. A term that you, of all posters on this site, should not only understand, but honor and respect, given the industry that you claim to work in.

As far as the product being purchased and your claim of empty shelves I again cannot post such specific numbers but the 'turns' of our product have improved year over year.
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2014
    Guest: Actually, you Jedi wanna-be, seeing as how I've attended the last three years of financial meetings I do know what I am talking about. Can I post such sensitive information on a public forum? Of course not, because of a term called 'confidential information'. A term that you, of all posters on this site, should not only understand, but honor and respect, given the industry that you claim to work in.  

As far as the product being purchased and your claim of empty shelves I again cannot post such specific numbers but the 'turns' of our product have improved year over year.

Guest account + internet = prove some credentials or what you say is taken with a grain of salt which is exactly what people are doing. The fact you resort to name calling, i'm guessing your attendance of the last 3 financial meetings is you were the one bringing in the doughnuts and coffee.
  15.  permalink
    If you can post any non-identifiable proof that would be awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2014
    Guest:  

You mean the shelves AREN'T empty???? WOW. Guess I was looking down the wrong aisle(s) last time I was there. Sounds like someone's been sniffing the fumes of the gum remover.
  16.  permalink
    For the record, the shelves are empty in certain areas. It's embarrassing at times. The buyers give us bullshit excuses but we know the truth. Fry's isn't paying the vast majority of their suppliers in a timely manner. This is nothing new but with the planned inventory reduction, certain areas have started to look very bare. Namely, power strips (Corry Addison), power adapters (Corry Addison) D1 HDMI Cables (Corry Addison). Come on Corry. Get us some product in stock. Customers don't care that copper prices are going up. If it really is the vendor's fault and not you... find a new vendor.
  17.  permalink
    1. Buy merchandise on credit.  
    2. Don't pay the vendor.  
    3. ???????  
    PROFIT
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2014
    Chris_Tomkinson: 1. Buy merchandise on credit.  
    2. Don't pay the vendor.  
    3. ???????  
    PROFIT

3. "Promote" your merchandisers into full-commissioned salesmen so you can have them do merchandising work for free. Because you know, it's already bad enough paying your employees minimum wage as it is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2014
    Anakin:
    Chris_Tomkinson: 1. Buy merchandise on credit.  
    2. Don't pay the vendor.  
    3. ???????  
    PROFIT

3. "Promote" your merchandisers into full-commissioned salesmen so you can have them do merchandising work for free. Because you know, it's already bad enough paying your employees minimum wage as it is.

Only suckers get promoted to full commissioned salesmen and merchandise.
  18.  permalink
    I haven't worked at fry's electronics for years and I know its going to shit. your one to two merchandisers at closing is a obvious give away, your lack of variety of products is another, and they got rid of the returns dept. and the responsibility fell to CS who deal with all sorts of other responsibilities because Randy and his fat cat brigade won't lose a cent on their salary. no matter what you do they are gonna get paid, I say for self gratification next time one of the Fry brothers show up for MOPAR rush him/them and beat the living shit out of him/them. that's about all you'll ever get as satisfaction before a kiss ass tries to save him/them from his royal ass kicking.
  19.  permalink
    The marketplace is rapidly changing, and Fry's failed to adapt. Newegg and Amazon are eating their lunch, and doing to Fry's what Fry's did to a myriad of small computer dealers back in the day. It doesn't take a genius to read the tea leaves and see where this is all leading. It's not like this is anything new in the retail tech industry.
  20.  permalink
    News: The customers don't give a fuck about whether you give a fuck about their Amazon Prime membership or not. Oh wait, there aren't any customers anymore. They got fed up with your bullshit attitude and left.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2014
    Guest: News: The customers don't give a fuck about whether you give a fuck about their Amazon Prime membership or not. Oh wait, there aren't any customers anymore. They got fed up with your bullshit attitude and left.

Yes, the ones who complain and say that they will never come back again, and show up 2 days later buying something.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBest Buy
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2014
    r3j3ct:
    Guest: News: The customers don't give a fuck about whether you give a fuck about their Amazon Prime membership or not. Oh wait, there aren't any customers anymore. They got fed up with your bullshit attitude and left.

Yes, the ones who complain and say that they will never come back again, and show up 2 days later buying something.

Word, R3j3ct. I've had the pleasure of being told "I'm never coming here again" only to help that person within a week more than once. I even told a guy "I thought I'd never see you again." I'm surprised that he didn't complain about that one.
  21.  permalink
    Guest: Price matching at Frys will usually knock down the commission to almost zero, depending on the item. This is really unfair to the salesperson that is paid on commission only. Their aggressive price match policy makes Frys seem desperate and seems to say to the customer that the prices are a problem to start with, as well as attracting shopping bottom feeders.

Yeah I usually try and pull my own merchandise. But I know that the salespeople there are working on commission AND pretty helpful. So whenever I get helped by someone I will usually buy the upsold warranty. I just bought an lg smart tv, I pulled it brought it to the guy said I'll take it. I pulled up amazon on my phone and showed him the price he matched it no problem. Some other dude next to him seemed so perturbed by it, but I'd like to think I was a pretty easy customer eh?

1395779638658.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 3837
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2014
    I'm not going to lie, working at Fry's all your racial thoughts come to life.
    Viets cheap
    Indians cheap
    Chinese cheap
    Filipinos ask for discounts
    Old people loads of questions
    Mexicans "I'll come back later"
    Blonds stupid

I hate working at store 15 LOL so many races in the area too many to call
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2014
    Your Self? Stupid MF, who I bet all the above would love to meet you in Back Stock...
  22.  permalink
    It comes down to this. Guest if you cant produce any hard numbers, then just STFU.  

Frys is now the "kmart" that just hasnt closed yet.  

Finally, the store itself lets off a natural "just go somewhere else" vibe about it every time ive walked into the place AKA store 15.

kmart.jpg
  23.  permalink
    Granted that the customers are getting a little carried away with Price matching, since the idea was to beat the major competitors, and Fry's wasn't the first to do it. It IS really harsh that Fry's lets the price match screw over the sales(people) for their commission. I can't tell you how often I hear about a price match to JOEGUYSCOMPUTERSHACK.WHATEVER and the customer gets all P'd off cause Fry's can't match that. I don't think Fry's is necessarily on it's way out just yet, But I do wish they would bring the Service back to Customer Service I remember going into Fry's to talk to a person about building a sweet computer not to get sold cheap manufacturers with high margin and a copy of Norton the Anti-Virus Virus.
  24.  permalink
    You're lucky Frys IS "letting" customers get carried away with price matching. If not for price matching they would have even less sales than they do now. Face it there's not a damn thing Frys sells that can't be bought cheaper online.
    Half empty shelves with more opened than unopened merchandise does not instill confidence. On top of that, many of frys stores have gotten plain nasty...broken, dirty, empty displays, and the "advertised sale items" no where to be found. I agree with another poster....Frys is only when I absolutely HAVE to have a part TODAY. No longer the "tech toy store" it used to be.

Amazon Prime has been treating me quite nicely, whether any Frys employee wants to here it or not.
  25.  permalink
    Guest 43738  
    Amazon Prime has been treating me quite nicely, whether any Frys employee wants to here it or not.
    Serious question: why not shop there, then? Don't get me wrong: I'd like to see Fry's go under as much as the next guy, but why brag about how well Amazon treats you and still shop at Fry's?
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2014
    I'd rather have you shop at Amazon and enjoy your benefits than have you come in to waste my time and kill my commission.  

Help someone for free, or not help someone at all... I think I'll stick with plan C. Help the ones who have $$ to spend and understand that paying more out of pocket for instant gratification and helping out a good salesman at the same time is a good thing to do :)
  26.  permalink
    r3j3ct: I'd rather have you shop at Amazon and enjoy your benefits than have you come in to waste my time and kill my commission.  

Help someone for free, or not help someone at all... I think I'll stick with plan C. Help the ones who have $$ to spend and understand that paying more out of pocket for instant gratification and helping out a good salesman at the same time is a good thing to do :)
    The worst is when you've spent time with a customer and sold them something nice and you're writing up the quote and they the huge goddamn banner over the DSC podium saying WE MATCH INTERNET PRICES! and then they decide to price match it and it ruins the whole sale.
  27.  permalink
    I love doing internet price match when I pick something off the shelf myself, and one of you fuckers walks up and offers to "write me up a quote for that". Ok. I'll play.
  28.  permalink
    I realize this is an old thread, but the lack of professionalism is astounding. I used to shop at Fry's growing up and also worked in the Fountain Valley store for a few months, but I got an education and moved on. The people I used to work with were much better people than what's s displayed here. Sure, pay was bad, they didn't know the products they were selling half the time, but they didn't speak poorly about their customers especially in a public forum.

There s more to professionalism than just your commission. If you can't associate Service with Customer Service, you shouldn't be in sales. And if you're so unhappy about your job to the point that you would sabotage your own business on a public forum to vent your displeasure, then maybe you shouldn't be working there. And finally, if you can't find a job elsewhere, then maybe, just maybe, it's your nasty attitude that's preventing you from advancing in life. You are, in short, a bunch of dickheads that are ruining the Fry's business name.

In closing, I hope for Fry's sake that your lack of professionalism, doesn't negatively impact them. There are still many good people still depending on the business for subsistence.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDrLexus
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2017
    I remember a quote from season 5 of The Wire, when the city was holding up paychecks for the police: "Professionals get paid. That's why we call them pros." -Sgt. Carver  

If Frys's policies are depriving salespeople of making a living, then there's no real reason for them to be professional. They aren't ancient warriors sworn to a blood oath of honor and fidelity. If you want them to be professional, pay them like professionals.
Add your comments