Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrysAnon12
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2014
    What kind of music plays over the speakers at your store? Do you like or hate the selection of music?
  1.  permalink
    The shit pop music that 13 year old girls love. Apparently only 13 year old girls shop at Fry's.
  2.  permalink
    I used to love the rendition of O Holy Night that they'd play during Christmas... it was like an entirely vocal, non-instrumental version that always gave me chills. Looked for it a bunch of times online but never figured out the name. I even held my phone up to the store speaker once to try and match it using Shazam but no dice.
  3.  permalink
    This is a lame attempt to figure out who's been posting on the site lately.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrysAnon12
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2014
    Curses! Foiled again! If it weren't for you sniveling kids! **rolls eyes**
  4.  permalink
    Shut up, Kathy. You stupid Jew.
  5.  permalink
    I constantly hear Happy by Pharrell Williams. Song is getting real old.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2014
    I'm getting real tired of your shit, Daughtry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 3825
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2014
    I am hearing a lot of top 100 bullshit playing at my store. I am angry about it, because we used to be playing classic rock before. It was awesome when Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody started playing. I would hear several customers singing along to it.... myself included.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 3825
    Is there anything we can do to convince corporate to give us back control of the music we can play in the store, or is just just a futile effort?
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    That's actually something I never looked into at Fry's: Who controls the music? It was just contemporary/piano stuff at Fremont Fry's for a very long time. I can't remember when it switched out because the Computers department would blast their music all day. Then I transferred to San Diego and heard a lot of Alternative Rock and some Pop. If the music varies from store to store, maybe corporate is not controlling the playlist? I'm not sure. Good question.  

I got promoted to customer (canned) at San Diego so I don't care if people know who I am, lol.Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  6.  permalink
    flea: That's actually something I never looked into at Fry's: Who controls the music? It was just contemporary/piano stuff at Fremont Fry's for a very long time. I can't remember when it switched out because the Computers department would blast their music all day. Then I transferred to San Diego and heard a lot of Alternative Rock and some Pop. If the music varies from store to store, maybe corporate is not controlling the playlist? I'm not sure. Good question.  

I got promoted to customer (canned) at San Diego so I don't care if people know who I am, lol.

I think the SM/ASM can control it. I remember it was classic rock for a long time and they switched it to gentle piano music and classical for MOPAR.
  7.  permalink
    Key holders have access to whichever room has the actual unit that controls the music. I believe that it's a satellite or internet based radio service for businesses. There are numerous stations that we have access too. I found out that within the last year, per home office, all stores were told to switch to either the shitty pop music station or some other station that I'm not aware of. It's to make Fry's seem "hip and cool." Our store used to have the piano music and on event days (day after Christmas, Labor Day, etc.) we would play classic rock. I actually miss the piano music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 3825
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2014
    That's depressing....
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 1901
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2014
    That pop crap. They play some really depressing music too. No wonder we've been so empty lately, you walk in happy and leave with a bad case of depression.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2014
    It's not the music that drives customers away. It's things like empty shelves, the layer of dust on everything, the over-abundance of pure junk items that Fry's sells, what items that are on the shelves are returns and not new, employees pushing Fry's worthless PCS, etc. that keeps the customers away.
  8.  permalink
    Health hazards and safety regulations will do it.