Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2014
    Seems that Sears settled out of court on a class action suit related to Sears not including commissions in overtime pay calculation. Given Fry's creative pay schemes, one has to wonder of the Fry's brothers are next.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Is Circuit City in danger? Fry's Next?
    Circuit City Closing 155 Stores: Frys is Next?
    I'm quiting Frys next week........YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Zero commission start of next year???
    Fry's Forum is not affiliated with Fry's Electronics Inc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBest Buy
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2014 edited
    To my knowledge, Fry's already pays commissioned sales people the way that Sears was "supposed" to be paying them. I used to make $8 plus commission but overtime for me meant about $16 per hour. I used to love overtime as a salesman.  

EDIT: On second thought, the math doesn't add up. Regular overtime would be $12 per hour but I averaged $8 per hour in commission. That means I "should" have been paid $24 per hour? Let's Sue!!!
  2.  permalink
    Won't do much good. Fry's will fight dirty in court, hire the best lawyers, "accidentally" lose documents, etc. Even if they do lose in court, class action suits are a joke: the lawyers will take all of it and each affected employee will maybe get a $50 Fry's gift card. If they're lucky.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCervantes
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2014
    Don't know about that man. Seems those other guys won. If nothing else it's worth a shot. Some lawyers will work for fees on class action stuff because it pays them reaaaaal nice.
  3.  permalink
    Store #7 lost power years ago and remained in business until the fire department was called and forced to shutdown the store due to safety hazards.  

The sales people that worked off commission never got paid because the fine they got from the department had to be paid in full.  

There are also tactics and solutions that they will have you clock out and back in again during overtime/midnight hours to resolve overtime pay or sign a waver. They definatly have alot of scheme to go by.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2014
    ^ Yeah, keep a careful eye on San Diego if you like what you saw at # 7.Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  4.  permalink
    Maybe there was another time Store #7 lost power, the one I remember was during the Angels vs Yankees playoff game in '04. Associates had flashlights and they were going to try and ring everyone up manually with calculators up front, if I recall correctly. Left the store and came back later, the sales girl was not pleased that I did not want to stand in line in the dark.