Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpyder8
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2014 edited
    I'm a pretty avid computer enthusiast and was thinking of applying for a job at Frys as a PC tech...  
    After reading around on a few threads on the forums, is the current state of Frys leadership/ management still terrible or hold a horrid reputation even though its been many years?  
    Does the position still pay minimum + commission? How much commission (percentage)?  
    It is even worth considering?  

//Hopefully this is posted correctly on the forum
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Thinking about going back to work at Fry's
    Thinking about quitting....advice??
    Service Technician here. AMA.
    How much do service technicians make?
    AMA Service Technician
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2014
    Well if you don't mind making a mere $11 an hour and having to deal with shitty customers with stupid unrelated questions on top of meeting deadlines on repairing/building customer PCs, then go for it.  

If you really insist on working at Fry's, honestly you'd make a lot more in sales (or have the potential to do so) than being a tech. If you are the type of person who hustles, wastes no time, acts like a shark/vulture, extremely convincing, confident, and are able to sneak in undetected and snatch other people's sales, you'd make bank.  

I average $20-25 an hour as a computer salesman. Food for thought.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2014
    It really depends on your personality and what your goals are. Although it is a technical department, Fry's Electronics is still a retail store. The low pay is true. If wage is your primary interest, I would not recommend Fry's.  

If you are interested in a future technical career and have no professional experience, I would recommend Fry's Electronics. This is definitely an entry-level position, which managers are willing to hire enthusiasts into their department; of course, this varies from store to store. There are very few places willing to hire an enthusiast, without experience, into a high-paying technical job. You can use Fry's as a stepping-stone. If you have no certification, they have an reimbursement policy to help you earn your certification because they require A+ and Apple certification.