Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    Does anybody know what language Fry's coded Store Master in? VB, C#, C++, Other
  2.  permalink
    Hiya:

So far from my research, the POS system and associated clients plus host programs are written in Visual C++ 1.0, and MASM(Microsoft Macro Assembler.) Most of the Old code runs on Phar Lap's DOS Extender which emulates a Real time OS on windows XP. It is is pretty stable from what I can tell, and can't really complain.
  3.  permalink
    CharlieTheEvilChip: Does anybody know what language Fry's coded Store Master in? VB, C#, C++, Other

It's run in Dick-All. A wonderful language, if it wasn't then watched by awful net engineers that have no idea how multiple Win funcs from XP to W7 run.  
    Definitely not C# though. Dat XP support bruh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJessrond
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2017
    It is in Taiwanese. Only Karen Chow knows how to use it.  
    :face-smile::face-smile::face-smile::face-smile:

kyle.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorHouseDBA
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2017
    Guest: Hiya:  

So far from my research, the POS system and associated clients plus host programs are written in Visual C++ 1.0, and MASM(Microsoft Macro Assembler.) Most of the Old code runs on Phar Lap's DOS Extender which emulates a Real time OS on windows XP. It is is pretty stable from what I can tell, and can't really complain.

POS is written in just C using PowerBuilder. WebQuote is a Tomcat application (basically it was a PowerBuilder export of POS to Java, isn't that just fucking great?) which is why it sucked horribly. India was in progress of taking it over when I was leaving ISO so its still Tomcat/Java but I doubt they are using PowerBuilder (at least I hope not, I've generally heard and seen good things on the rare occasions when I go into a store).  

I pushed REALLY hard for ISO to take over some of these apps (all the Masters) so I could rebuild them in Visual Studio (.NET for the more basic ones and C# or C++ for the more complex ones) as I was the one maintaining the newer databases on the ISO side anyway but I got 0 traction... Just one of the contributing factors to why I bounced lol
  4.  permalink
    The company is failing. Not worth all the hassle to upgrade the system.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJessrond
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2017
    Go back to Tibet. Randy Fry didn't teach his employees English.  

Learn English. Get a real job.  

Fucking AZN NAZIS

16 year old.jpg