Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.  permalink
    Does anybody know what language Fry's coded Store Master in? VB, C#, C++, Other
  2.  permalink
    Hiya:

So far from my research, the POS system and associated clients plus host programs are written in Visual C++ 1.0, and MASM(Microsoft Macro Assembler.) Most of the Old code runs on Phar Lap's DOS Extender which emulates a Real time OS on windows XP. It is is pretty stable from what I can tell, and can't really complain.
  3.  permalink
    CharlieTheEvilChip: Does anybody know what language Fry's coded Store Master in? VB, C#, C++, Other

It's run in Dick-All. A wonderful language, if it wasn't then watched by awful net engineers that have no idea how multiple Win funcs from XP to W7 run.  
    Definitely not C# though. Dat XP support bruh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJessrond
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2017
    It is in Taiwanese. Only Karen Chow knows how to use it.  
    :face-smile::face-smile::face-smile::face-smile:

kyle.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorHouseDBA
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2017
    Guest: Hiya:  

So far from my research, the POS system and associated clients plus host programs are written in Visual C++ 1.0, and MASM(Microsoft Macro Assembler.) Most of the Old code runs on Phar Lap's DOS Extender which emulates a Real time OS on windows XP. It is is pretty stable from what I can tell, and can't really complain.

POS is written in just C using PowerBuilder. WebQuote is a Tomcat application (basically it was a PowerBuilder export of POS to Java, isn't that just fucking great?) which is why it sucked horribly. India was in progress of taking it over when I was leaving ISO so its still Tomcat/Java but I doubt they are using PowerBuilder (at least I hope not, I've generally heard and seen good things on the rare occasions when I go into a store).  

I pushed REALLY hard for ISO to take over some of these apps (all the Masters) so I could rebuild them in Visual Studio (.NET for the more basic ones and C# or C++ for the more complex ones) as I was the one maintaining the newer databases on the ISO side anyway but I got 0 traction... Just one of the contributing factors to why I bounced lol
  4.  permalink
    The company is failing. Not worth all the hassle to upgrade the system.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJessrond
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2017
    Go back to Tibet. Randy Fry didn't teach his employees English.  

Learn English. Get a real job.  

Fucking AZN NAZIS

16 year old.jpg
Add your comments