Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    Anybody want to share their PSC selling tips?  
    -How do you introduce the PSC into a sale?  
    -How do you get the customer to deal with the ridiculous cost?  
    -Do you lie/stretch the truth to sell the PSC?  
    -How do you create value for the PSC / Make it seem like a great deal?  

While I'm at it: How do you approach a customer?  

I've been selling for a little over a year now, just want to see if there was anybody out there who could help me improve my pitch.:face-angel:
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Does anyone have any tips for getting hired at Fry's?
    Let Me Know of Any Concerns You Have
    Why is everyone focusing on selling Monster products?
    How many employees have actually been fired for posting here?
    Any tips for Computer Sales Associate?
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2014
    Definitely lie and stretch the truth. Tell 'em that buying the PSC will help get their computer (or whatever) fixed faster than if they didn't buy it.

Reply with Sarcasm.jpg
  3.  permalink
    Be Asian, with an incomprehensible accent. Say "you buy warranty it cover everything!" Pretend not to understand if they say no. If they come back upset when they find out physical damage is excluded, say "oh no they no understand, I said warranty covers nothing."
  4.  permalink
    I could also just attach it anyways. Most people don't check their receipts. "Oh, I thought you said you didnt not want it":face-devil-grin:
  5.  permalink
    Seriously? You've been selling for a year and have no idea how to attach PSC? Mention it early and often during your presentation of the item. Please FAB it often (features, advantage and benefits). Do not lie or exaggerate, you really don't need to. Most of the products that FRys puts on sale are cheep crap and are going to fail, especially the crappy Samsung products. Please remind the customer that PSC is cheeper than a repair charge and allows Frys to replace or exchange the item under the right circumstances. I will wait for one or two "NOs" and press on and say that since they are not getting it anyway, let me practice the pitch with them. They will sometimes say yes at this point. Break the cost down to mere pennies a day. On second thought, it's Frys, tell Randy to suck it!
  6.  permalink
    Pitch the PSC to every customer that buys a PSC qualifying item. Don't make assumptions that certain people wont' buy. Lie if you want but I see it all day. People that suck at PSC don't even pitch/ask most of their customers.
  7.  permalink
    ... and by Lie I mean lie to us about "Oh I ask everyone." Don't lie or stretch the truth about the PSC to customers.
  8.  permalink
    Present the PSC as though it is part of the standard accessories package for that item along with the Monster cleaner and cables. I once sold a $39 three year PSC on a $80 item! Most items have a MFG warranty that is only 90 days long, PSC can make life a lot easier for the customer and you. Don't pitch the PSC as you are writing the quote, which means you waited WAY too long to mention it. I had a very high PSC attach rate, so they let me slide on other things like Frys card apps and TSR duties. Close like the Velvet Hammer and your DM will cut you some slack and give you good hours. Good luck!
  9.  permalink
    I would explain what level of pain in the ass going through a manufacturer RMA is like, and then describe how easy and advantageous a PSC is. Usually avoidance of pain will motivate people more than opportunity for gain.

Of course most people are one-time PSC buyers; once they see that redeeming a PSC is such a pain, they'll rethink the manufacturer warranty.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2014
    Guest: and then describe how easy and advantageous a PSC is.

Just don't tell 'em that...it may take Fry's six months to a year to do a repair, whereas a RMA to the manufacturer would take far less time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    Many of the salespeople at Fry's bullsh*t so much selling a warranty. For fun, I like to go to a store and hang out just to listen to the lies they tell people and the management does little or nothing when they are confronted. Best for the customer to record the sales pitch so that it can be played back later when the people at Service look at the customer as if they were lying. Favorite lie is to say, "If it quits working, they will give you a new one!" And yes I know it is the customer's responsibility to read a signed contract which contradicts that,..
  10.  permalink
    <Favorite lie is to say, "If it quits working, they will give you a new one!" > They will usually ok an exchange or replacement if the item is below a certain dollar amount. It takes far less time just to exchange the unit, although you are probably going to get an open box return or BX piece! The best advice is to shop elsewhere, or make Frys match a crazy online price.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    I do not know if they still do this, but if you brought in your "Defective" unit and Service looked at it and could not duplicate the problem, you were then charged by the Service Department for their time, and you got to take your item back home.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2014
    FrenchyFry: I do not know if they still do this, but if you brought in your "Defective" unit and Service looked at it and could not duplicate the problem, you were then charged by the Service Department for their time, and you got to take your item back home.

They took that out, meaning happier customers (in that respect) at the cost of the technicians' paychecks.