Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    What are your thoughts about the old POS system, and the newer WebQuote system? Which did you like better? Why? Which would you rather use? Any interesting/beneficial bugs? Any Loopholes/Secrets? Anything?
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Been at store 44 for two months; my thoughts.
    Someone Changed the post
    Did Kathy Kolder fund the creation of the Swine Flu?
    Anyone in camera department - did I get sold the floor model
    Do people from all the other non-san diego stores just post in the news section?
  3.  permalink
    I chuckled at Customer #:666
    Name: Lou Cypher
    Address: Gates of Hell
  4.  permalink
    Lol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2014
    I personally like the "old" executable quotes compared to the web based ones. The old one is fast compared to the new one, and there were so many shortcut keys that could be used. I understand the goals with webquote, and I hope they start implementing their plans so that it all becomes worth it.
  5.  permalink
    There are workarounds to open the old POS on any system if you know what you are doing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAcidBurn
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2015
    In it's current state webquote is really sluggish and cumbersome. Just typing in a PLU might take 15 20 seconds going through all the pop up messages.  
    I dunno if old POS lets you look at commission per item but that is mainly what i use webquote for. Old POS just works faster on our old shit computers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunPun
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2015
    I do not have a problem with webquote but sales items with returns and financing and...  
    well... basically it's more time consuming than it's worth.  
    might as well prompt inventory at the start if you're going to waste people's time.  
    personally I believe they're wasting the customers, not mine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMLS
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2015 edited
    They apparently have done an update where you can't even X-out the POS window... which is bullshit whenever it freezes (cases where someone hits F1 when a credit card is processing and you can't escape out of the help dialog comes to mind, which sounds like a bug to me)  

EDIT: anyone else notice the changes to how Associate Purchasing works now?
  6.  permalink
    Yeah AP you used to have to get a quote to use it for about 5-6 months.
    Now you can just tell the cashier your employee number to get AP.
    Of course now it needs a supervisor to password it...
    •  
      CommentAuthorAcidBurn
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2016
    Guest: now it needs a supervisor to password it...

That shit is such cancer, what was so bad about having someone write you a quote? Especially since salesman would leave their quote system open and you could easily write yourself a quote and use your credentials to get AP.  

Now you have to clog up the fucking line to beg a sup to password your AP, especially when the FCO sups now are doing like 50 things at the same time and or are taking customers because FCO is so goddamn low on cashiers for some inexplicable reason. I guess it's good for the company though, throw as many obstacles in the way of employees using their shitty AP, can't have em getting discounts now can we.