Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    Lead merchandisers...any other store besides actually have them? I thought it was a store wide thing. I'm not sure. My question is: did any of the other lead merchandisers get a pay raise when the minimum wage went up? :face-plain:
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Surely I deserve more than minimum wage?
    Minimum Wage to be $9 a hour this July
    Introduction to California Overtime Pay Laws
    Not given a schedule? Here's the California Labor Board Online Complaint Form
    YELPing at Fry's in Southern California- Customer Wants Quote Ripped Up
  3.  permalink
    Do you realize the shit storm that Fry's would face if they didn't pay minimum wage? I hope that they fucked this up somehow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2014
    They normally don't accommodate the other positions that aren't paid minimum wage. Say for instance there are two positions: $8/hr and $9/hr. Lets say the minimum wage goes up to $9/hr. You would expect and hope that Fry's would raise both positions to preserve a balance... Nope... Both positions will most likely be paid $9/hr.  

My reason to believe this is because of how they handle the Customer Service Supervisor positions in the past. Irregardless of the minimum wage raise, they are all still paid their traditional rates. To make matters worse, I am pretty sure they have cut most of the Supervisors positions or left them open.  

Just to be fair to Fry's, this isn't an uncommon practice for other companies too.
  4.  permalink
    Irregardless isn't a word buddy....
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2014
    Guest: Irregardless isn't a word buddy....

According to Merriam-Webster (print and online dictionary), it is a word  
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless
  5.  permalink
    those merchandisers who were making $9 before the raise still get $9...

LOL