Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorXetophobia
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2014
    I have a self-built desktop computer with all the parts from Newegg. However, after a few months, I realized the CPU fan that came with the CPU was very loud. As a result, I want to switch to a liquid cooling system, but I do not trust myself enough to replace it myself. Does anyone know of Fry's Electronics will help me replace the fan if I buy liquid cooling from there?
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    My Fry's Electronics Inc Unemployment Claim was DENIED
    My Experience Working at Fry's Electronics
    Effects of a bad economy at Fry's Electronics
    Airing my grievance against Fry's Electronics' a$$h0le management
    iPad 2 via Fry’s Electronics Mystery Price
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 2780
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2014
    They will install a closed loop (the only type they sell) system over at the service counter for a fee. CORSAIR Hydro Series H100 for example. From my experience, get a well reviewed non liquid heatsink instead.
  2.  permalink
    It's not worth the hassle and cost, just do it yourself. If its a closed loop system its nothing more than installing an awkward shaped fan with tubes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2014
    ^ what frysemployee said. They also come with a manual with installing instructions... it usually has pictures too. They do offer the service if you still opt out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    Go with a high end air cooler, closed loop coolers have more points of failure (fan can fail, pump can fail, it can leak). They are easy to install and will save you the outrageous installation fees. But if money is no concern, and you just aren't handy at all... then go for it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 4309
    ty for your advice guys. I'll probably end up buying an air cooler instead. Does anyone have a number for the service fee?
  3.  permalink
    Check out the big, ugly Zalman fans...they look like shit, but they cool amazingly well, last forever and are reasonably priced.

I have owned 2 of the Corsair closed loop coolers, and both had acquired block pump problems....1st totally seized shortly after 1 yr, and the 2nd would intermittently "stick" after 6 months of use. I thought the first was a fluke...and learned my lesson with the second. Never again. Luckily in each case, my motherboard shut down when temps got too high, and no damage was done to it or my chip.
  4.  permalink
    I've had a Corsair H60 for 3 years. Never had any problems. Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one.
  5.  permalink
    True, but not everyone is as fond of showing his as you are.