Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2014
    I used to work when AP was cost + 10% and associates would have a different $ value of AP to give out per year. I think the highest amount was around 1500/year. Installation and Service dept labor was a flat 25% off.  

I needed to get some car audio products (cables, module, and installation) done and wanted to do it Fry's. I read here that the AP structure is changing, and I don't want to bother my old friends there with looking up AP when they're trying to make a living on the sales floor.  

Do any of you know what the current AP structure is like for products (I know that cables and stuff used to be a huge amount off because it was marked up so high) and how much car audio installation/labor will be discounted? Thank you! If the price is too high, I might just take it to a local independent shop, but I'd ideally have some poor non-hourly worker get some commission instead.Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAviator08
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2014
    You can go to the operations website and look at approved policy changes. It will be listed in there. If I recall correctly it's now capped at 30%. Labor is 20% but I may be off on that one
  1.  permalink
    Labor is 10% off.
  2.  permalink
    Having worked there (and you?!) why are you going to trust Car Audio to install your purchase correctly.

I doubt they would do a clean and correct job. You will likely get a 19 year old with no professional experience splicing into your car cabling.

Plus, if you know how to read and can color match you can pretty much figure it out on your own.
  3.  permalink
    You bring up a good point. I would never spend another penny in Frys if I could avoid doing so. The treatment I received while working there bordered on abuse, pure and simple. Go elsewhere and spend your money where the associates are not taken advantage of.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2014
    I've heard AP works differently now. It caps out at 30% off, with the yearly cap as well. No more getting USB, Ethernet, etc cables at more than 50% off.I shit trains, Now what?