Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorA30N
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2014
    Hello all,  
    I've been a Service Tech for 11 months now. You know exactly why I'm leaving, so I'll spare you the rant. Onto the questions!  

I certified A+ & Mac while working at Fry's, and applied for and received compensation for the cost of certifications. I remember reading the paperwork I signed (why O why didn't I make a copy?!) mentioned that If I work less than a year, it will be deducted from my last paycheck.  

So, is that one year from the date of hire or the date of certification or the date they processed the compensation?  

Unrelated, I am going to start a Service Tech ama, as reading the Loss Prevention ama was highly entertaining.  

Thanks,  
    Charlie Chips Ahoy
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    A few questions about store returns
    Questions about Fry's PSC
    So what questions annoy you the most about the customer?
    May be getting a job with Fry's soon. Questions:
    I'm leaving Fry's, guys!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    For most companies, it's from the date the compensation was paid for the most recent certification.
  2.  permalink
    I got my Mac cert and left before a year later. I didn't get anything deducted from my last check.
    •  
      CommentAuthorA30N
    Well, um, now I know it could go either way, lol! I asked the Assistant Store Manager, whom I am friendly with, and he sent off an email to corporate. I will update you when I found out myself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorglitzy
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2014
    A30N: Hello all,  
    I've been a Service Tech for 11 months now. You know exactly why I'm leaving, so I'll spare you the rant. Onto the questions!  

I certified A+ & Mac while working at Fry's, and applied for and received compensation for the cost of certifications. I remember reading the paperwork I signed (why O why didn't I make a copy?!) mentioned that If I work less than a year, it will be deducted from my last paycheck.  

So, is that one year from the date of hire or the date of certification or the date they processed the compensation?  

Unrelated, I am going to start a Service Tech ama, as reading the Loss Prevention ama was highly entertaining.  

Thanks,  
    Charlie Chips Ahoy

do you know about Frys deliberately refusing to honor warranties that should have been honored
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2014 edited
    A30N: Well, um, now I know it could go either way, lol! I asked the Assistant Store Manager, whom I am friendly with, and he sent off an email to corporate. I will update you when I found out myself.

You blew it. Now, they will deliberately take it out of your check.  

By policy, it's 1-year from the certification; in practice, they aren't very good at doing it.  

Anytime you reveal information to Fry's corporate, they work against you. When a Store Manager was going to force VQ me (by lying, which I have on email), corporate stopped him and went through the correct termination procedures (ITR). My point is: Had I stayed silent and the Store Manager had gone through with lying, it would have been illegal; the termination was sketchy, but California is an at-will state and proving retaliation is extremely difficult.  

On the bright side, the Benefits department is EXTREMELY slow and silly. If your manager asked Kathy Y, it'll be ages before they can even answer any simple questions; sometimes.  

For future references: "A good magician never reveals all of his/her tricks". If you know something, then keep it to yourself. You don't need to prove anything to your managers, and having more information is more valuable to you. If anything, act like you are the biggest idiot in the store. Act like you know nothing. Let them think that they are winning or that they are better than you. This isn't limited to Fry's.  

Anyhoo, good luck.