Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorA30N
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2014 edited
    Greetings, customers & associates! I work in the Service Department as a Technician. Got a question? About anything? Just ask!  

If your internet is slow, its most likely due to your computer running out of memory. Good news is that you can download more RAM! just go to http://www.downloadmoreram.com/
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    AMA Service Technician
    Service Technician Jobs @ Fry's
    How much do service technicians make?
    Thinking about PC technician position...
    AMA! Former Service DM
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2014
    My computer is running hot... my buddy told me to watercool it. So I took it out to my garden and hosed it down... am I doing it right?
  2.  permalink
    What store do/did you work at?
    •  
      CommentAuthorA30N
    r3j3ct: My computer is running hot... my buddy told me to watercool it. So I took it out to my garden and hosed it down... am I doing it right?

Yes, that's one way of cooling it, but it will overheat again when you bring it inside. Rather, fill up an ice chest with ice and water, and place the computer directly into that. You can cool a few beers at the same time, too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorA30N
    Guest: What store do/did you work at?

Store 11, Burbank. I'm the guy with the binary and motherboard-themed ties!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    Help! My desktop doesn't work anymore! It's been running really slow and really hot as of late. I've had it for a good 18 years, never had to replace a thing on it! I asked my friend about it, who's like, A+C=B certified, and said that my computer needs a "system clean-up", whatever the hell that means. I open up the side, and all you could see was dust! I took a vacuum and sucked out all the dust, and for added measure, I scrubbed the insides real good with soap and water.  

Since then, it wouldn't even turn on now! Hewlett Packard is supposed to make top of the line computers and I won't accept this, and neither will Jesus! You think they'll give me a new computer for giving me a faulty one to begin with?
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    Anakin: Help! My desktop doesn't work anymore! It's been running really slow and really hot as of late. I've had it for a good 18 years, never had to replace a thing on it! I asked my friend about it, who's like, A+C=B certified, and said that my computer needs a "system clean-up", whatever the hell that means. I open up the side, and all you could see was dust! I took a vacuum and sucked out all the dust, and for added measure, I scrubbed the insides real good with soap and water.  

Since then, it wouldn't even turn on now! Hewlett Packard is supposed to make top of the line computers and I won't accept this, and neither will Jesus! You think they'll give me a new computer for giving me a faulty one to begin with?

IKR!!?? I took my friend's advice on watercooling and now my computer gives me weird squiggly lines across the screen! It turned on for 2 min then shut down forever! Screw Intel!! They make the worst CPUs ever!! Can't even watercool them!!  

:face-monkey: :face-monkey:
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2014
    Anakin: Help! My desktop doesn't work anymore! ?

My failed Padawan learner. Desktops went out with the Death Star (I know that's a sore subject). Well....'cept for corporations - they still use those dinosaurs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheNewGuy
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2014
    Shit obi! U neva hustled at frys. Get outa here biach!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorA30N
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2014
    Anakin: Help! My desktop doesn't work anymore! It's been running really slow and really hot as of late. I've had it for a good 18 years, never had to replace a thing on it! I asked my friend about it, who's like, A+C=B certified, and said that my computer needs a "system clean-up", whatever the hell that means. I open up the side, and all you could see was dust! I took a vacuum and sucked out all the dust, and for added measure, I scrubbed the insides real good with soap and water.  

Download this program, it will fix your computer AND make it a super-gaming computer! http://www.pcoptimizerpro.com/
    •  
      CommentAuthorA30N
    r3j3ct:

IKR!!?? I took my friend's advice on watercooling and now my computer gives me weird squiggly lines across the screen! It turned on for 2 min then shut down forever! Screw Intel!! They make the worst CPUs ever!! Can't even watercool them!!  

:face-monkey: :face-monkey:

Just replace the Intel CPU with an AMD one. Just make sure the cooling pins are facing outward!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    TheNewGuy: Shit obi! U neva hustled at frys. Get outa here biach!!!

You're correct I never "hustled at frys". However, one of my first jobs was in retail, so I know what it's like.