Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2014 edited
    Friday, September 19, 2014  
    ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- An armed-robbery suspect was killed in an exchange of gunfire with Anaheim SWAT officers during a standoff in an auto lot Friday afternoon.  

The suspect had been hiding in a BMW SUV after allegedly robbing a Fry's Electronics store at 3370 E. La Palma Avenue in Anaheim at about 2 p.m.  

The unidentified gunman fled the scene of a traffic collision shortly after the robbery near Miraloma and Tustin avenues with another suspect, who was unarmed. The second suspect was quickly taken into custody by a California Highway Patrol officer.  

Police set up a perimeter and searched the industrial area. Officers searched a Manheim California auto auctions lot on the 1300 block of Tustin Avenue at Miraloma Avenue and located the suspect inside a BMW SUV. The suspect refused to surrender.  

A cloud of smoke appeared on the passenger side of the SUV at about 4:25 p.m. It was unclear if a gunshot was fired in or out of the vehicle. The passenger-side window could be seen with a shattered hole in the glass.  

A SWAT armored vehicle pulled up behind the SUV. At about 4:40 p.m., several puffs of smoke were seen on and around the SUV. Police said chemical-agent "pepper-balls" were fired into the SUV.  

Multiple shots were fired from various angles at 5:27 p.m. Anaheim Police said there was an exchange of gunfire and the suspect was dead at the scene.  

No other injuries were reported.  

Security officers advised at least one local business to stay indoors during the active search. Security staff was actively monitoring the situation, according to a source that contacted Eyewitness News.  

http://abc7.com/news/gunman-flees-getaway-vehicle-after-robbing-anaheim-frys/316449/

Fry\'s Anaheim Suspect.JPG
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2014
    ANAHEIM – A man suspected of carrying out an armed robbery was killed by gunfire during a shootout with police Friday afternoon, while his alleged accomplice was taken into custody, authorities said.  

Officers shortly before 2 p.m. received reports of an armed robbery involving two men at a Fry’s Electronics store in the 3300 block of East La Palma Avenue, Anaheim police Lt. Bob Dunn said.  

Witnesses told dispatchers that the men, one of whom was armed, fled the area in a dark-colored SUV that authorities believe had been stolen in Corona, Dunn said. No one was injured during the robbery, but police say the men escaped with merchandise from the store.  

While officers were still responding to the robbery, the SUV collided with a pickup near North Tustin and East Miraloma avenues. No one was injured, but the SUV was left inoperable, and the two men fled from the vehicle on foot.  

A CHP officer, who happened to be in the area, took one of the men into custody, Dunn said. He was later taken to the Anaheim Police station to be interviewed by detectives.  

The second man brandished a handgun at bystanders and then attempted to hide in a vehicle at an auto lot on Tustin, north of Miraloma, Dunn said.  
    Officers spent an hour trying to get the man to surrender, Dunn said. He twice got out of the vehicle briefly, then went back into the car.  

Shortly before 5:40 p.m., Dunn said gunfire was exchanged between the man and officers, and he was struck and killed. No officers or bystanders were injured.  

Authorities have not identified the man who was taken into custody, nor the man who was killed, as of Friday evening.  
    Authorities are also investigating who’s at fault for the crash.  

Nearby portions of Tustin and Mira Loma are expected to remain closed for several hours.  
    As is routine for most shootings involving officers, the Orange County District Attorney’s Office will conduct its own investigation.  

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/one-635735-robbery-armed.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2014
    Interesting, someone managed to rob a Fry's?I shit trains, Now what?
  1.  permalink
    Nobody got robbed...it was an arrest gone wrong. Guy pulled a gun as they tried to burn him...then it turned into a "robbery"...then swat lit this mother fucker up...silly thief
  2.  permalink
    Today, while I was at work, my sister stole my apple ipad and tested to see if it can survive a 30 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now destroyed and she has 83 views. I know this is entirely off topic but I had to share it with someone!
  3.  permalink
    @Guest 60602

Do the same thing and record it for YouTube, but instead YOU jump off a 30 foot building.