Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2014
    Tried doing a search for "Fry's Electronics" on Google and didn't see it for 5 pages (gave up after that). Is there a better way to optimize this domain? I figure that changing the title of the web from "Fry's Forum" to "Fry's Electronics Forum" would be a good start.  

What's funny is that searching for "Fry's Forum" shows the topic, "I don't give a FUCK about your Amazon Prime membership!"
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    FrysForum.com Served w/Legal Document from Fry's Home Office!
    FrysForum.com MySpace
    Fry's Forum is not affiliated with Fry's Electronics Inc.
    AyaHu on Frys Forum is cute!
    FrysForum on Digg! Make sure you digg our site!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2014
    Yeah...that wouldn't go over too well with Fry's. They'd get their panties all in a bunch over that.

panties in a bunch.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2014 edited
    I just looked it up on Google SERPS, and it says that a search for "Fry's Electronics" puts the forum as #52 on the list. That means that you'd have to go to page SIX on the search results! I doubt anyone will go past page one!  

Update that title and destroy Randy's SEO! :face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorA30N
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2014
    Funny thing is, if you type into Google "I hate Fry's Electronics" this forum comes up in the number 1 spot. If you Google "Fry's Electronics cheated me" this forum is number 6. "Fry's Electronics lawsuit" places this forum in the number 5 spot, and "F*** Fry's Electronics" is at a solid number 3. I would say that this forum's SEO is plenty optimized, LMAO!
  2.  permalink
    I think the title is clear "Fry's Forum is not affiliated with Fry's Electronics, Inc."
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2014 edited
    Guest: I think the title is clear "Fry's Forum is not affiliated with Fry's Electronics, Inc."

Actually, not that title, I'm referring to the HTML title reading  

"title"Fry's Forum - All Discussions"/title"  

should be changed to  

"title"Fry's Electronics Forum - All Discussions"/title"  

That would get this place recognized higher in search results.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2014
    Or maybe Fry's Electronics is not affiliated with Fry's Forum  
    or Fry's Electronics Forum is not affiliated with Fry's Electronics
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2014
    asdf: Or maybe Fry's Electronics is not affiliated with Fry's Forum  
    or Fry's Electronics Forum is not affiliated with Fry's Electronics

It already has that as the header - what I'm talking about is updating the title tags to use the phrase, "Fry's Electronics Forums".