Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2014
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND today was my last day. Been a fun 5 year ride with Randy. Off to my new job as a software developer! :face-smile:  

Starting salary = $60K  
    Benefits like you haven't seen  
    Can work my way up to $100K eventually with this company!  

All my hard work has finally paid off. As to you grunts still stuck with retail... good luck!!
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Goodbye Fry's, Hello Future.
    Yes! A good experience at Frys!
    Is a good idea for Frys to have their own geeksquad?
    Are Fry's PC's any good?
    Are the good Ol' days behind us at Frys?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2014
    Congrats. I've done the same exact thing. My peak salary was $110k/yr as a software dev.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    'bout friggin' time. Congrats.  

BTW, it's "goodbye", not "good bye" (kinda like "let's eat grandma" vs. "let's eat, grandma")
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    LOL how do you transition from a retail store associate to a software dev? You should have went straight to software.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    ObiWan: 'bout friggin' time. Congrats.  

BTW, it's "goodbye", not "good bye" (kinda like "let's eat grandma" vs. "let's eat, grandma")

K den gremmer natsi!  

Charlie: LOL how do you transition from a retail store associate to a software dev? You should have went straight to software.

I was in school while working at Fry's of course... I have no regrets. I made good money there... at least compared to anybody else working retail. But now, the real deal has come!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheNewGuy
    Shit homes lets switch jobs I really donwanna work black friday you dig?:face-crying:
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2014
    r3j3ct: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND today was my last day. Been a fun 5 year ride with Randy. Off to my new job as a software developer! :face-smile:  

Starting salary = $60K  

All my hard work has finally paid off. As to you grunts still stuck with retail... good luck!!

Do you require a new apprentice?
  2.  permalink
    What area do you live in? $60k seems very low for Software Dev is why I'm asking.
  3.  permalink
    What was the OP's job position back at Fry's?
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2014
    Computer Sales..... was top in my department until I left.
    •  
      CommentAuthoryrtravel
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2014
    cn anyone provide me with Kathy Kolders email or jihn Frys
  4.  permalink
    kjk@i.frys.com - Kathy kolder

wrf@i.frys.com - Randy Fry
  5.  permalink
    60k is low if this is California we're talking about, unless you're getting an obscene amount of stock in a startup. Search any of the companies in this list and filter by <1 year experience: http://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/san-jose-software-engineer-salary-SRCH_IL.0,8_IM761_KO9,26.htm (Or did Frys train you to hate online pricematching ;)

Congrats though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2014 edited
    I don't live in CA. Where I'm at the cost of living is WAAAAAY lower... I actually started closer to 70K, working my way up to over 100K shouldn't be a problem :face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheNewGuy
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2014
    Shit dude give me sum of that doe. rentacenter only gettin me 8 an hour.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2014
    TheNewGuy: Shit dude give me sum of that doe. rentacenter only gettin me 8 an hour.

The lesser the education, the lesser the pay. That is all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2014 edited
    r3j3ct: The lesser the education, the lesser the pay. That is all.

Something tells me that FUBU would rather party with his homies and be a slacker rather than put in any effort towards an education or viable trade. Our tax dollars will go to subsidize his sluggardly ways.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCinnabon
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2014
    r3j3ct: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND today was my last day. Been a fun 5 year ride with Randy. Off to my new job as a software developer! :face-smile:  

Starting salary = $60K  

Congrats man!