Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthornewbie
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2007
    I hears some products of frys have instant replacement while some only have repair only. I read mixed reviews about warranties they always have fine print and they can be a hassle in the end. Is the warranty truely a investment or a big cash pile for Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    the warranties are 100% profit. dont buy them. they are a scam. my laptop screen broke and they wouldn't fixed it. My friend who use to work there droped his laptop and they didnt fix it. The instant replacement plans are money thrown away. like I said its a scam.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    They're not a scam.  

Again, the policies on service plans are there to protect honest shoppers and hinder the dishonest.  

There are some instant replacement plans on some items at Fry's (lower cost printers, hard drives, routers, headphones, some appliances, etc) but the higher cost items give a repair plan.  

Should you buy a service plan? Maybe.  

Consumer Reports has collected data showing a 40% failure rate on notebook computers over 3-4 years. If you're purchasing a notebook and are anticipating keeping it for this long, then a three to five year service plan can be a good idea. The reason these are service plans and not instant replacement is also a plus for the consumer. Most of the time if you need service on your notebook, then you most likely want to keep the data and software that you have installed, and a simple replacement of the product would be more of an hassle to you than just replacement. Thats why Fry's service departments do their best to repair the notebook rather than just replace it.  

The instant replacement on hard drives, routers, printers, etc. can be beneficial too. Most of the time the repairs are costly, if even possible, and instant replacement is better for you as a consumer and Fry's. You get a brand new product, and Fry's doesn't have to worry about a lengthy repair.  

Most repair plans offered by retailers (Best Buy, Circuit City, etc) don't offer accidental damage coverage. This again is to protect the honest consumer as some dishonest customers would use this as a means of just scamming the store into giving up a new product thorough the execution of an accidental damage clause. If this happens, the product is priced higher, the service plans are priced higher, etc. Fry's is no different. We aim to protect the honest consumers and will do everything we can to service a defective product covered under our service plans.  

Fry's service plans are very competitively priced, and are almost always cheaper than the competitors due to the fact that they house a complete service center in each store that can do most repair on site without shipping a product off to another service center or the manufacturer.  

I'd almost always consider Fry's service plans. The prices on desktop computers, televisions, LCD's, etc is very cheap. I.e. the typical cost for a 3 year service plan on a desktop/television is around $70-100. Thats extremely cheaper than even the cost of a hard drive replacement, let alone a motherboard or more serious repair.  

It's even more important on a notebook computer. Given the general specialty of notebook components, repair costs can be very high, and the service plans can save you a lot of time, money, and concern. Fry's even offers a instant loaner on most products with repairs that take longer than one day to complete. This ensures no downtime for the consumer, a service that no other retailer offers, and it also gives Fry's the ability to ensure a complete repair so that we can return your product to you in 100% working condition.
    •  
      CommentAuthordubloe7
    there are a few reasons physical damage isn't covered.  
    the main one is so that if someone wants a new (insert item here) they cant just break their old one and get it 'replaced' for virtually free.  
    also, physically damaged items can rarely be repaired (broken lcd screens) and must be replaced at complete cost to the store, so if it was covered the price of the waranty would probably have to be at least half the price of the screen/laptop/etc and no one would buy one except people planning on commiting return fraud.  

one of the main problems with repair service on computers is that you have to bring it in for repair either 4 or 5 times for the same exact thing before they can replace it.  
    instant exchange plans can be a hastle if fry's no longer carries the item since the associate can have to do over half an hour of paperwork and getting signatures before you can take your new item home.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2007
    @Worm: Your friend dropped his laptop, not Fry's. Now how is that Fry's fault?  

There is a high chance that when you go in to get your new product, there will be a long wait time. So be ready.
  1.  permalink
    i agree with dubloe... and the Performance Service Contracts *PSC*, are not all profit, we do as salesmen make some money off of it. but the reason for us offering it is so that you as a customer can feel good knowing that you can bring it store and not have to wait for hp, compaq, apple, ect to repair your item and charge you and arm and a leg. for our store we use genuine parts from the manufactures of the item. it is true that we dont cover physical, we also dont cover water and software. all three of those can be prevented by the customer. they just need to be carefull and learn how not to f*ck it up. :).  

ps. theres no point in buying a $2000 notebook and not buy the psc. $299 is a lot better then paying $2000 for another one. right?.  

*store 9*
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2007
    Another point worth making...  

I've seen our SM and ASM go out of their way to help customers that bought the PSC, even if there's nothing that we should normally do under our policy.  

The fact of the matter is that if you buy an item with a PSC, and you have a problem with it, you will be taken care of. Fry's will do anything in their power to help you out and retain you as a customer.  

However, if you're a customer who is offered the PSC on an item, and you refuse it, and it's outside our normal return/satisfaction policy, there's not much we can do for you.  

The Service Contracts are there to protect you as a customer should anything go wrong with your product, not just to make the store extra revenue.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2007
    If PSC's are 100% profit, does this mean that the Associates, Supervisors and Managers in the Service Dept. are getting payed nothing?
  2.  permalink
    i compare warranty to insurance. so warranty is good for a few things, like life warranty, driving warranty, health warranty. that's about it folks.  

you see, there was "a time in my life.com" when warranty was good to get. now that i'm rich, i can afford to buy new things. :D
  3.  permalink
    first thing.... psc's arent 100% profitable... well... atleast not for the associate selling it. we as sales associates only make 15% of it. the rest goes to the store. it cost nothing to the store to "make and/or buy" the psc since its our product. and its not a warrenty... its a contract with the store stating that "we" will keep your computer running as it does the day you bought it. ... people are used to hearing and saying "warrenty". makes it a lil easier to sell.  

*store 9*
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2007
    Every time i bring in my computer for service they tell me my system is not covered by the warranty and they charge me 100 bucks for the diagnostic. I'm pretty much out $600 which is what it would cost to buy a new low-end laptop that is pretty much up to spec with my model. Best buys warranty is way better if it breaks they give you a new one.i am a worm.
  4.  permalink
    worm if u drop it, there not going to replace it. anyways dont u read what u buy? Its like a car. computer are the same. The warrantys they have on a car is about the same that frys have on there computers.....if u buy there warranty on your car, I bet u read the contact. right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2007
    Fry's has a really good deal on their printer warranty. It's an instant replacement. and it's really cheap. Other than that, I might buy warrranty for a laptop since it's super expensive to get it fix and they're more fragile.the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round
    •  
      CommentAuthorMC
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2007
    Hey Everybody,  

Even though I do agree that warrenties are worth getting due to the type of service we are suppose to have that comes out of them. Remember that Fry's isn't an honest company. I am an ex-employee and boy I wished I never worked there ever in my life. Fry's electronics give there employees absoultly no training. Management will go above and beyond anything to find a way to stiff the customer and get their money. I can go on and on but I pretty sure most people here are familiar with Fry's dishonesty. I just want everybody to keep in mind that even though warrenties are technically a good idea. Your best bet is to never buy one at Fry's Electronics.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2007
    I definitely recommend getting a warranty on laptops and desktops. The price is pretty low and covers the cost even at the first visit.Howard Dean for America '08
  5.  permalink
    Compared to Best Buy's warranty, Fry's warranty is much cheaper. I don't know about the warranty service though. I heard fry's are pretty shoddy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2007 edited
    I think they offer instant replacement and accidental damage. Though most won't cover "intentional damage" like if you through it out the window and it breaks.Howard Dean for America '08
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2007
    I could see buying a warranty on high dollar items with sketchy reliability (Big screen TVs, laptops), but little else. We ARE talking electronics. Manufacturer warranty's are usually a year. A $800 BlueRay burner will be $79 next year and will be 4x as fast....would I spend $100 on an extended warranty? No.  
    Fact is most electronics get cheaper almost as fast as they get better. After a year, I will no longer want a 2x burner because a 8x one will be a fraction of the price. I will no longer want a video card that can't support directx 10, because one that does is cheaper, ect.........get my point? Shopping around should include warranty info....some hard drives have a 1 yr warranty, others have a 5 yr warranty, me...I'll buy the 5 yr warranty one as I can be assured it will more than likely be outdated and ready for an upgrade after 5 yrs.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralyshah
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2008
    A point: buy a PSC on a first gen. video game console. It's about the same price as a game, and after all the people who didn't buy them on their 360's and tried to return them for red ring, I laugh now when people refuse a PSC. Seriously, it's like $55 for one on a console, and while Microsoft will service red ring up to three years, that's not an instant replacement. You still have to ship it off and wait for it to come back. With each video game system, when it first comes out, there's always some kind of problem. So why not pay a few bucks up front to make sure if it's defective you can get it replaced instead of paying at least as much in shipping, or up to three times as much in repair fees? It's simple mathematics.The only thing worse than ignorance is stupidity.
  6.  permalink
    To be honest, anything that has a PSC is considered a long term return policy/exchange in terms of how Fry's handles the situation. As long as you know the loopholes to the PSC...:face-devil-grin:  

Any purchase you make, expecially with TV's etc.,. make sure to get the PSC...then read the contract and find the loopholes...I know that contract inside out!:face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2008
    Personally, I wouldn't recommend getting a PSC on anything from Frys. The main reason is that I don't recommend purchasing any high dollar (anything above $1) item from Fry's because of their reputation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2008
    Go back to fighting the empire Obi Wan.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    It's no use. He's turned to the dark side.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Sasquatch: It's no use. He's turned to the dark side.

It is really bad that I had a visual of Barack Obamas butt when I read this. I have been watching too many Batman Presidential Election Spoofs.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Better than McCain's butt.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2008
    Punkzilla: Go back to fighting the empire Obi Wan.

I think the big dog needs to go back over to stthomas.... personally anyways.. For someone who dislikes Frys so much, they seem to have a lot to talk about it..I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
  7.  permalink
    worm: Every time i bring in my computer for service they tell me my system is not covered by the warranty and they charge me 100 bucks for the diagnostic.,

I always remember it being $69 for a diagnostic fee, but they may have recently upped the fee. They only charge you that if it is a software issue.  

I'm pretty much out $600 which is what it would cost to buy a new low-end laptop that is pretty much up to spec with my model.

What PSC did you buy that cost anywhere near $600? I sold ~$3K laptops on several occasions when I worked for Fry's and I think the most expensive single PSC I sold was $400 for a three year. You would need to get a five year on a *very* expensive laptop to spend anywhere near $600 on a laptop.  

Best buys warranty is way better if it breaks they give you a new one.

You obviously have never read the text of BB's PSPs for laptops. Nowhere does it guarantee a new laptop. *IF* they replace your laptop they reserve the right to give you a refurb. Merely because one Best Buy store gave you a replacement doesn't mean they have to give you a new one or that even most stores will go beyond what the plan requires them. Ditto, with Fry's PSCs. I remember some people finaggled their way into a new laptop because the thing came in for repairs enough times, but the PSC doesn't guarantee that Fry's has to give you a new one unless it comes in for the same issue three times. Best Buy has the virtually the same policy. From what I have found this is pretty common practice.  

Furthermore, Best Buy's plan across the board costs more and doesn't provide a loaner for the owner. Unless they made a fairly recent change to their plans or there are some benefits I have never heard about than I fail to see how Best Buy has a better plan than Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2008
    I think BB's psc is worth it. Covers accidental damage. Period.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2008
    know what you are buying and you dont need one.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2008
    Suzukiman: know what you are buying and you dont need one.

Hey accidents happen.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2008
    yea but then you just swap internals and return it to fries.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorflyz
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2008
    Never ever get the warranty from Fry's. I had a problem with my laptop keyboard and when I bring it in, it was not pleasant. The technician said it will take 4 weeks to fix and I can get a loaner since it is in my contract. Then comes the supervisor who looked at the laptop and found a drop of liquid on the keyboard. He said, since there is a drop of liquid, we are not allowed to give you the laoner. The drop of liquid is near letter 'P' and my problem was with the 'SpaceBar'.  
    Then he said it will take them 1 day to open up and I will be notified of the problem. I didnt expect them to call me so I called them. When I called, they say they found liquid under the 'SpaceBar' and it is not covered. I went there, look at the drop of liquid and it has nothing to do with the defect. They didnt want to fix it for free and wanted me to pay $69 to get back my laptop. This is totally rip off. Never again I will buy the warranty. I still remember all the sweet talking by the sales guy as if I can get everything repaired without a cost. But when it actually happens, they blame it on me.  
    So...GO TO HELL Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2008
    ah another satisfied frys customer :face-smile: ........ im glad i dont work there any more I was one of the few that would break all the rules and get the customer a new keyboard under warranty and say it wasnt and still charge for a fix. :face-devil-grin: .......... does that make me evil?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  8.  permalink
    Liquid damage is liquid damage...to be honest if you wanted to get it repaired, I would recommed having the store send the unit out for a second opinion. The keyboard is a single piece, so the liquid damage may have poured over into the space key, but since I'm not looking at it, I can't say. They cannot deny your RIGHT to have the unit shipped out for repairs.  

**IF YOU REALLY WANT TO GET PICKY, MAKE SURE YOU VERIFY THAT THE TECHNICIANS ARE A+ CERTIFIED. IF THEY ARE NOT, WHO ARE THEY TO MAKE ANY JUDGEMENT AGAINST YOUR UNIT, SINCE THEY ARE NOT CERTIFIED. HAVE THE UNIT SHIPPED OUT. MOST OF TIME IN MY EXPERIENCE, WITH KEYBOARDS, MOST MANUFACTURERES WILL REPLACE THE KEYBOARD IF THAT IS THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH THE UNIT.  

As for the loaner, if the unit has to be shipped out for repairs, they MUST give you a loaner UPON YOUR REQUEST. The reason why they don't want to issue a loaner is because if the unit is TRUELY not covered under the PSC, then you as a customer would get upset, then you as a customer might refuse to return the loaner, then the store gets dinged for the lost in the labtop, and then the unit gets turned over to the legal department.  

So here is the flaw in the system! You are issued a loaner, you are upset that the unit did not get repaired because of the liquid damage, the store will first try to charge your credit card for the amount of the loaner if you don't return it. If that doesn't work, then they will try to charge the amount, but broken up into several smaller amounts. If unsucessful, then they will turn the unit over to the legal department.  

The flaw is that if your card has expired, they can't do much but sit and wait for you to return the unit back to the store. Most of the time, you can use the loaner labtop as a barganing chip, you fix my labtop, you get your loaner back, ETC.,. Again most labtops they issue as loaners are anywhere from $500-$1000 as I have noticied. Sometimes you get the new techies who just issue you the most expensive labtop <-- those are the ones that legal will try to recover if you ever refuse to return the loaner. Most of the smaller, cheaper ones will be your bargaining chip.  

A keyboard cost anywhere from $25.00 to $50.00, and will take at most 10 minutes to replace. A store manager would rather take the hit on the keyboard, then the labtop, and most, if not all know, corporate hates dealing with loaners that are over 180 days.  

The loaner program has been the main focus for the service department recently. The amount of loaners out on open account, exceeds, 40-50k a store. You calculate that between all the stores and you realize how much they are losing due to depreciation. And the fact that most of these units come back with cosmetic and blemishes, that make it really hard to sell as new, or with the stupid 5% discount.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2008
    Its an awesome way to get free laptops though just make sure you have inside connections.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2008
    Suzukiman: Its an awesome way to get free laptops though just make sure you have inside connections.

Free laptops for everyone. Loaner PMTs for everyone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrenchfry
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2008 edited
    Is a PSC worth it for you? It really depends on how you use your product. For instance, you buying a computer/laptop, Network Attacked Storages and External Harddrives, if you only use those items like once a week, hell no, why pay more. However, if you turning on your computer 8+ hours per day, transferring huge amount of data to the NAS/EXHD all the time, why not consider getting a PSC? Computers can overheat, harddrives can corrupt.  

PSC is not a scam, it is there to ensure the product that you, as a customer, bought, works the same way in (insert how many years) as the the date that you bought it.  

The only possible way a customer could get "scammed" by a PSC is from a really bad salesman who really need to get his/her quota done and just bs, therefore, do not always treated as a scam, and if you have any doubt about how the PSC should work or you don't believe what the sales person said, get a supervisor/manager involve.  

If talk about scamming, Fry's can end up getting scam by customers a billion times easier. (In my head I can come up with 30 possible way to "scam" Fry's with a PSC.)  

To worm: consider this: I was drunk and I crash my car, do you think my insurance suppose to pay for that?  

Edit:  
    To answer the post's question, here are what I think it is good to buy a PSC along with:  
    1)ROUTERS!!!!!! Dude, seriously, that thing is ON 24/7. Need more to say?  
    2)TV! TV! TV! TV! TV!  
    3)Computers/Harddrives, depend on your usage actually. If you use them a lot, yes, if not, no.  
    4)GPS. Why? Depend on where you live, you're freezing it during winter and you will be barbecuing it during summer. Oh one more, you can actually use the "battery is not charging anymore" excuses to get a new one.  
    5)Motherboard/CPU. Recommended if you spent $200+ on both(not each). If you only buying those $99-$199 ECS cheap crap combos, don't worry about a PSC, because you're most likely to return it within 15 days.  
    6)Car audios. Music freaks? Hella ya.  

*I left out the appliance/software departments because I have no knowledge about how their PSC work. Sorry guys :face-sad:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2008
    remember if you get good equipment it comes with either a 3, 5, or life time warranty from the manufacturer.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Someone send me a free laptop, I have a friend who needs one.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    PSCs are for those who can afford them. Poor people wont buy. Rich people will just buy new equipment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Sasquatch: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/ele/884529259.html  

Top of the line.

Pay me $10 and Ill take it. Now that sounds reasonable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2008
    Pretty much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2008
    either ship it to me for free or pay me 20 thats my final offer.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthornewmedia
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2008 edited
    PSC  

please tell me Frys is losing money by selling PSC plans.  

Stuff breaks but most are built to do what they are design for.  

routers, they stay on for 24/7 , so what? they are designed that way.  

TV, how many displays TV gone bad while you been on the job?  

laptops and computers, only if they are willing to cover accidental damage such as being dropped, spills and so on.  

My point is , its a term insurance for high repair cost if they customer is buying and item they can not afford to buy a new unit after the initial warranty, some guys call it peace of mind paying up front for repair work if needed.  

This is where the money is made , so take your time and sell it to every customer.:face-angel:
  9.  permalink
    newbie,

I find it hard to believe this is a real post. Asking if an extended service agreement is a good idea on this site is like asking your poker buddies whether you should raise or fold in the middle of a game. Don't you think that the Fry's sales staff that are posting replies might be a little bias to say the least? Someone posed that a sales rep only gets 15% for selling a PSC, Think about it. $2000 TV = a $200 PSC cost at 10%. Salesman will get $30. If he sells 2 TVs a day 5 days a week... That is $300 a week on top of his pay. The truth is that PSC are a huge money maker for stores. Industry sources put the profit margin on consumer electronics extended warranties at as high as 80 percent.

calculon wrote that "Consumer Reports has collected data showing a 40% failure rate on notebook computers over 3-4 years. "
    Thais is funny because Consumer Reports is against most PSC agreements( As is Consumerafairs). Want to hear some of the horror stories about PSCs? do a google search for "Best Buy sucks" or "Frys Sucks". you will have hours of enlightenment ahead of you.

Heres a link that you may find helpful:

5 Reasons Not To Buy An Extended Warranty

Read more: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2005/extended_warranty.html#ixzz0OU93fcxY
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2009
    Dude, that post is two freaking years old. Nonetheless, do you really think we care if he buys a PSC? Or even shops at Fry's? And of course we make money on PSC's, we wouldn't sell them if we didn't. Lastly, of course googling "Fry's sucks" is going to bring up horror stories. If you were half as popular as Fry's you would too.
  10.  permalink
    Sasquatch, I did realize that the post was over two years old. But internet content is ageless. Someone thinking of a large purchase and contemplating a service contract enters "service contract" and "fry's" into a search engine and what pops up? A link to this site. The content is new to them and they read it. I'm not really posting this for newbies benefit but for the countless others that may see the post in the future.
    Honestly I believe that newbie is a fictional entity. Kinda like that girl on TV asking if she should sell her gold rings for penny on the dollar or the guy asking if reverse mortgages are really a good idea.... There is also a post on this site titled "What are the benefits of getting a service contract?" posted by Man. If you look at all his posts it appears he is a fry,s employee. So why would an employee ask that question?
    Do I think that you care if ppl buy the service agreements? YES I do. You work on commission. You are there to make money. I hope you make a ton. But I also hope it is made without lying to the customers. If a product is good it sells itself. My problem with fry's is that it seems that most of the sales staff will tell you anything to sell you. The current Monster "HDMI Difference" scam comes to mind. As I said if its a good product then it will sell itself.
    And what about after the sale? If the item breaks and you actually have to fix it then the company looses money so employees are told to make it hard on the costumers. Consumer Affairs called it " jump through hoops"

And you were right the search links were a low blow. I should have posted to do a search on www.consumeraffairs.com

As I stated before I did not really post this for Newbie nor did I post the reply only for you. I posted it for the ppl that may someday read this looking for info, And to them I give this bit of advice...

Do your homework. That is an expensive piece of consumer electronics you are thinking about buying. Before you do, check out the reviews on Cnet.com They have editor and user reviews that can be very helpful. Spend a few bucks and join consumer reports for a month and see what they have to say about the item you are thinking of buying. Read the reviews on Amazon, they can be very helpful. And if you are thinking about buying a PSC don't listen to what the sales staff say. Go in before and ask if you can have a copy to read at home. If they say no that should tell you something. Read and understand the Contract before you buy. It is a contract and is there to protect them not you. Can live with the terms? Do a BBB and Consumer Affairs search for the company you are buying from to see if ppl have had problem after the sale. If after all this you feel you need the PSC then get it. If you don't then don't let the sales staff talk you into buying one. If you do you will regret it.

That,s just my advice

PS Don't buy the Monster cables is a scam! LOL
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2009
    I know a pretty girl around these parts that loves Cnet. What a wonderful site.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2009
    I'm sorry to burst your sweet naive bubble, but Cnet is paid to review things and whether that review is negative or good is determined by the amount they pocket and the women they are provided.  

Why all the consumer report stuff? Why not just check google?Superhero!