Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAviator08
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2014
    Now that Black Friday is over I just wanted say that the biggest headache about was not the wild crowds of customers but rather the fact that the web quote system is so buggy and broken that money was lost on it. Throughout the day customers promo codes did not work, quotes would literally fail to create, some would not print and others times it just plain crashed ceasing all productivity. Both salespeople and customers were getting frustrated at the amount of time it took just to do anything on it. This is a serious issue that frys need to address. Stop trying to upgrade all this software until the hardware infrastructure is sound. On old pos it took 30 seconds to write a quote, now it takes 3 minutes. This is a step in the wrong direction. It needs to be fixed. I can't imagine how bad it will be once they decided to upgrade the registers. Anyways I just needed to rant for a bit. Please feel free to share your thoughts on this issue. Was is just as bad your store?
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    28 things that will happen on Black Friday 2008 at Fry's Electronics
    Black Friday Commissions
    Where is the Black Friday ad!!!!!!!?????
    Find out whats on sale at Fry's Black Friday Ad today, here is how
    Fry's is going to open on midnight on black friday.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2014
    Fry's fixing stuff? Good luck with that.
  2.  permalink
    We where having issues as well. up until today., The hardware needs to be upgraded, both clients and Server, it is not meant for that type of load.
  3.  permalink
    Why does 7/11 have a better system than Frys?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAllo Allo
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2014
    Well first off, you need the MIC's password while they're busy doing go backs, denying another customer's return even if they didn't purchase the item, and while smoking a cigarette at the same time, breaking fire code, doing stuff a merchandiser needs while they're at FCO, and breaking a customer's heart.  

Never in my life I have seen such inconvenience in the POS system that the only update they have done so far is fixing the way promo codes are done and they haven't fixed shit, even during Black Friday. I mean having back-up codes for each register is nice, but still it leaves convenience and service to be desired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Aviator08: the wild crowds of customers

I drove by the Fry's NW Houston store early Friday morning. The parking lot was half empty. We were down near the Webster store yesterday, and the parking lot was maybe one quarter full.
  4.  permalink
    Wow! come Black Friday Promo Code Day was a mess. I tried from the start of that day till about 2.5 hrs. afterward. I also called frys and talk to a customer service rep. and she said that there system was down and it was not working. She was talking to a mgr. about my (John) situation and she said they would try to get my order going and that they would call me back or
  5.  permalink
    Sorry I am Guest 16818 from above. or I could call them back. So I never heard from them so I called back the next day. Talk to another sales rep. and she couldn't help me out so I ask to speak to a mgr. and she said the that a supervisior will return my call. Well I never heard from anyone at all. Tell this day I am still trying to get a answer to see if my order will go through with my promo code discount. This is the worst customer service I have ever dealt with.
  6.  permalink
    After saveQuote.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAviator08
    ObiWan:
    Aviator08: the wild crowds of customers

I drove by the Fry's NW Houston store early Friday morning. The parking lot was half empty. We were down near the Webster store yesterday, and the parking lot was maybe one quarter full.

Well I that was my attempt at satire. Your right it was pretty slow in the morning. I blame it on the fact that we opened on thanksgiving for the first time. It was much busy on Thursday.
  7.  permalink
    Same boat as everyone else. I tried to order an item, but the field to enter the promo code wouldn't display. Came back multiple times during the day, and it never showed up. I finally just placed the order and called them to ask them to adjust the price, but they were closed by 9 PM. Called the next day and was told that everyone had the same issue and they were manually applying the promo codes. The manager supposedly added my promo code to the notes section of the order.

Called a week later to check the status, and they said it hasn't shipped yet since they had to manually enter the promo codes for people and they wanted to make sure customers "weren't overcharged".

Called back today 12/8 to check the order and they said it was shipping, but at full price and that it's too late to call in now and ask for the promo price. I said it should be in the notes, but she said that it wasn't and that there isn't anything they can do. I guess a credit card dispute is in order.

On top of that, I'm supposed to receive the order by the 10th according to their limited order tracking page, but they said that won't happen since I chose the super saver shipping. Guess what, Fry's, it's not my fault you waited 11 days before shipping out my order. How about a courtesy two day shipping to keep up with the date you promised that I would receive the order by? Instead, someone isn't getting a birthday present on the 13th.

Fry's is a BS company. What an awesome way to handle your Black Friday sales. Apparently they don't know why Black Friday is called that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2014
    I had no problems ordering from Fry's website 'cuz....I don't shop at Fry's.  

If you would have ordered from Adorama or B&H, you would have no problems, probably gotten it cheaper with free shipping and no sales tax.