Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2014
    I remember seeing Fry's offering Internet a while back during the good-ole AOL-dial-up-at-28.8-bps-modem days...but they're still offering it today? Take a look:  

http://www.frys.com/template/isp/index/Frys/isp/Middle_Topics/E1%20ISP%20FAQ/  

Is this for real? :P LOL
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Jobs at Fry's
    Frys Trade In Program
    Fry's could learn something from Apple
    Frys impulse sales tactics
    Fry's price match Amazon?
  2.  permalink
    From the FAQ list...

"Can I use my Sega Dreamcast or Play Station 2 to connect to the Fry's ISP?
    No, we do not support the Sega Dreamcast or Play Station 2 at this time, although we are investigating the possibility of supporting them in the future."

Ahahahahahahhaha
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2014
    Guest: From the FAQ list...  

"Can I use my Sega Dreamcast or Play Station 2 to connect to the Fry's ISP?  
    No, we do not support the Sega Dreamcast or Play Station 2 at this time, although we are investigating the possibility of supporting them in the future."  

Ahahahahahahhaha

LOL  

I don't know how Fry's manages to keep that service up since you need a minimum number of people participating to make it viable. Wouldn't be surprise if it's a front for money they're hiding.
  3.  permalink
    Classic Frys...offering {quote} "up to 53Kbps of downstream bandwidth". Who says Frys ain't ahead of the game? LOL
  4.  permalink
    Howdy there! It looks like you're having trouble connecting to the internet, oh no! Stop by one of our conveniently-located stores and head on over to the Computer Service Dept, where one of our highly-trained technicians can schedule an in-home appointment! :face-smile:
  5.  permalink
    Fry's ISP single handedly killed the Dreamcast. I knew it!
  6.  permalink
    What does Fry's Basic service include?  
    With Fry's Basic service, you get unlimited Internet access, one email account, free 24/7 tech support and free webmail access to your email. What you don't get is ISP generated timeouts, disconnects or advertisements.

I've been wanting to get into VOIP and free webmail for years and I HATE ISP generated timeouts, disconnects, and advertisements!  
    How much does it cost?  
    Fry's ISP Basic dial-up service is just $5.99 per month. Fry's High Speed service is just $8.88/month.

God damn! I've been paying $50.00 a month for this Comcast cable. I'm switching today. Your best buys are always at Fry's!