Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2015 edited
    I posted this before and will post it again: doing a search for "Fry's Electronics" on Google ranks this website on page six. SIX! I don't think people will get past page one, and most customers looking to shop at Fry's probably aren't smart enough to browse Google search results that extensively anyway.  

But here's my question: why is this forum so scared of the Fry's legal team? I think the disclaimer at the top says it all. You even have the first post as a sticky saying you're not affiliated with Fry's Electronics. I think the rest is protected by your first amendment rights.  

Anyways, I still recommend that you change the title of this web from "Fry's Forum" to "Fry's Electronics Forum" or something to that nature to get the page ranks higher.
  1.  permalink
    No that would then get us in trouble. its not happening. This is a safe haven for frys employees and costumers and others to come, talk, and express their opinions about whatever. At first it was hoped that in seeing this that they might see that their way of doing business was flawed and change, but that has yet to really happen.  

Legally we cannot be connected or represent ourselves in the manner your talking about.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2015
    The owner of this site used to work for Fried, and wound up getting fired.
  2.  permalink
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    If Fry's knew your real identities, they'd fire you right away. I'm even hesitant about talking to friends who work for Fry's regarding this website since they may lose their jobs just for discussing the matter.  

Anyways, you can rename the site to something of the effect of, "Fry's Forums is not Affiliated with Fry's Electronics" since freedom of speech protects your right to publish content without worry of legal repercussion. What you cannot do is try to make this site look like it's endorsed by Fry's - which you're not doing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    you can rename the site to something of the effect of, "Fry's Forums is not Affiliated with Fry's Electronics"

Did ya kinda notice that's what it says at the top of the page? You're flogging a dead horse on this issue.
  3.  permalink
    Fry's endorses this site. They have not restricted the Fry's advertisements shown by Google Ads.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2015
    ObiWan:
    you can rename the site to something of the effect of, "Fry's Forums is not Affiliated with Fry's Electronics"

Did ya kinda notice that's what it says at the top of the page? You're flogging a dead horse on this issue.

It's the HTML page title I speak of. It will get higher search ranks if the words "Fry's Electronics" are in the title.
  4.  permalink
    How about these titles?

Fry's Electronics is not affiliated in Fry's Forum
    or
    Fry's Forum and Fry's Electronics are not affiliated
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2015
    Guest: How about these titles?  

Fry's Electronics is not affiliated in Fry's Forum  
    or  
    Fry's Forum and Fry's Electronics are not affiliated

Yes those are all good ideas. It's up to the admin now!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2015
    Jesus Christ, you guys.