Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2015
    Go buy this:  

http://amzn.com/B008DQY3GK  

And this:  

http://amzn.com/B003DYCSRS  

And attach the quote over the area where the cashiers scan the item. You're done.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2015
    Nice attitude there towards the customers - that's one reason Fry's isn't doing so well.
  1.  permalink
  2.  permalink
    LOL. On the RARE occasion I DO shop at frys, I am converged upon by half the store employees, who watch and wait for me to pick up an item, then pull their hands out of their pockets and rush over to say "Can I print you up a quote for that?" I say sure, and let them...the quote is deposited on one of the bare spots on the shelf. Another comes up and wants to print that up for me. Sure. Deposited on the bare shelf spot. I once amassed and "deposited" 5 quotes for a computer case at the Plano store....and when I got up to the counter to pay, was asked if I had a quote. Nope. LOL It's fun to fuck with the Frys dweebs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2015
    Guest: LOL. On the RARE occasion I DO shop at frys, I am converged upon by half the store employees, who watch and wait for me to pick up an item, then pull their hands out of their pockets and rush over to say "Can I print you up a quote for that?" I say sure, and let them...the quote is deposited on one of the bare spots on the shelf. Another comes up and wants to print that up for me. Sure. Deposited on the bare shelf spot. I once amassed and "deposited" 5 quotes for a computer case at the Plano store....and when I got up to the counter to pay, was asked if I had a quote. Nope. LOL It's fun to fuck with the Frys dweebs.

Some customers need the quotes stapled to their foreheads. Make sure your nailgun is charged at all times.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2015
    Guest: LOL. On the RARE occasion I DO shop at frys, I am converged upon by half the store employees, who watch and wait for me to pick up an item, then pull their hands out of their pockets and rush over to say "Can I print you up a quote for that?" I say sure, and let them...the quote is deposited on one of the bare spots on the shelf. Another comes up and wants to print that up for me. Sure. Deposited on the bare shelf spot. I once amassed and "deposited" 5 quotes for a computer case at the Plano store....and when I got up to the counter to pay, was asked if I had a quote. Nope. LOL It's fun to fuck with the Frys dweebs.

You obviously have a lot of time to waste. You should also mention price matching every time somebody comes up to you and wants to write you a quote, and see how fast they run away :face-devil-grin:
  3.  permalink
    I would usually tape the quote to the box and then put a line throughout the UPC code with a Sharpie, which meant it wouldn't scan and they HAD to use the quote. TA DA!
  4.  permalink
    If you drew a line through the bar code of an item I bought, I'd make you march over and get another one. If you didn't want to, I'd have your Sup. convince you. Homie don't play that...your childish like trick can void rebates (that evidently flourish in Frys stores). TA DA!
  5.  permalink
    Guest 24426,

Dumbass. Just tape the quote over the UPC. There's no need to deface the product. TA DA!
  6.  permalink
    No, doesn't void the rebate and will wipe off if you're squeamish. Tape the quote over the the upc and some of the cashiers still manage to "accidentally' lose the quote. Mail in the rebates are odds are 50/50 it will be honored anyway. Been marking them that way for years and the Sups could care less, they have much more important things to worry about, like keeping their jobs. It's sad that Frys is that kind of place; shop somewhere else!
  7.  permalink
    I throw that shit away. You lames walk up & offer me a quote for something I just picked off the shelf and went on my way. You see me walking around with a high dollar item & try to jock.
  8.  permalink
    Yep I can't fuckin STAND those commission hungry snakes... always do my best to sneak in, grab the product and make a RUN for it so they don't chase you down for that "QUOTE" that I throw away before I get to the line. Actually had one of them say "Oh, guess you don't want me to feed myself then" when I refused to let them write me up on a high dollar item. My response to him? "Get a REAL job" and I let his supervisor know how much of a loser he is. I avoid Fry's at all costs unless I absolutely HAVE to go in there to buy something for my business when we need it in a pinch. Don't know why they even have "sales people" in there who have ZERO idea on the product and only want to sell high commission items and try to make commission off something they don't deserve.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2015
    Guest: Yep I can't fuckin STAND those commission hungry snakes... always do my best to sneak in, grab the product and make a RUN for it so they don't chase you down for that "QUOTE" that I throw away before I get to the line. Actually had one of them say "Oh, guess you don't want me to feed myself then" when I refused to let them write me up on a high dollar item. My response to him? "Get a REAL job" and I let his supervisor know how much of a loser he is. I avoid Fry's at all costs unless I absolutely HAVE to go in there to buy something for my business when we need it in a pinch. Don't know why they even have "sales people" in there who have ZERO idea on the product and only want to sell high commission items and try to make commission off something they don't deserve.

Um, fuck you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2015
    Guest: Yep I can't fuckin STAND those commission hungry snakes... always do my best to sneak in, grab the product and make a RUN for it so they don't chase you down for that "QUOTE" that I throw away before I get to the line. Actually had one of them say "Oh, guess you don't want me to feed myself then" when I refused to let them write me up on a high dollar item. My response to him? "Get a REAL job" and I let his supervisor know how much of a loser he is. I avoid Fry's at all costs unless I absolutely HAVE to go in there to buy something for my business when we need it in a pinch. Don't know why they even have "sales people" in there who have ZERO idea on the product and only want to sell high commission items and try to make commission off something they don't deserve.

You seem like a nice guy... :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2015
    I always have the sales associate write a quote, even on little things and especially if they didn't help.  

It sounds dumb, but... Fry's is counting on me to do the exact opposite (or the same as other customers are proposing): Purchasing products without a quote honestly does Fry's a favor. Why? If you were going to unconditionally buy the product regardless of the sales associate, Fry's is going to basically get my purchase for free (very low cost of labor); however, if I buy it and a sales associate writes a quote even though they didn't help, Fry's will have to pay for the labor that wasn't even earned. It's a very small scale pain but I could care less and it really takes very little effort from me as well. I hope that more customers would consider doing the same so that my numbers are no longer negligible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 9622
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2015
    You know? I no longer work at frys, but I did for three and a half years. I will grant you guys that, there are many sales associates who stand around just waiting for easy commission or to get lucky, but there are some of us who actually work hard and earnestly for our money. I was the top salesperson in my entire store, and several times I made it to top of the district (3 states). And no, I was not a snake. First of all, those of you disgusting human beings who go out of their way to make sure salespeople do not get paid? Well, karma is a bitch, is all I have to say.
    People like you with zero human compassion are the reason why the world is as rotten as it is. Look, one of the things I hated doing the most is come up to a customer I did not help and ask them to let me write something up. It feels like I am begging, and while there are plenty of good people out there that will let you, there are plenty of dickheads like the guys above in the comments. Therefore, I always put my utmost effort to make sure I am helping every customer. I worked computers department, and I would go down the ink aisle, the pen and school supplies aisle, cable aisle....anything. No matter how small the prospect of the sale, I asked the customer if they needed help, and many times I was turned away, but if they said yes, I did my most earnest effort to help them with their purchase. Cant find that 5 dollar item that wont pay me anything and there is only one left in a store the size of walmart with poor organization? Not a problem sir, give me at least 10 minutes and I will do my best to find it for you.
    That was me, the guy always willing to help anyone even if there was not commission involved. Why? Because its right. My job is not only to make commission, but the help customers have a good experience in the store. This will not only benefit the store, but also myself. Its called building rapport, and any good sales person will tell you that. You never know when that customer who really wanted that last 10 dollar flash drive will come back and buy a 2000 dollar item and look specifically for you to get the commission because you helped them so earnestly.
    Referring to the other point made by one of the less than human folk somewhere up this thread, it was my favorite pass time passive aggressively PWNING people like you. You are the typical dickhead who comes into the store thinking that you know more than everybody else and that the sales associates are simply ignorant people who were too worthless to get a better job. First of all, it is my personal belief that as a salesperson, it is my job TO KNOW MORE THAN YOU. I deal with this product on a daily basis. I knew by memory which laptops, monitors, printers, etc we carried and which we didnt. I knew which was the best one for which application. I even had a rating system built into my head for each product based on how much the product gets returned or if it does at all. I had regular customers from government agencies who specifically looked for me to pick up 5 to 10 thousand dollars worth of ipad cases, ink, cables, connectors, etc, because they knew I KNEW MY SHIT. They knew they could just ask me what they needed for a specific application and that I would know the answer. And if I didnt, I found it out for them. And when customers who thought they knew it all came into the store in a condescending manner, I talked them down SO HARD that they ran away from me. Some of those "know-it-alls" actually knew their stuff but most of them barely had half a fucking clue. When they knew their stuff,and found a sales associate that actually knew their stuff also, they were mostly pissed that they were unable to mock me. LOL. I loved doing that to them. And what they didnt know their stuff...and they tried to be dicks? mwahahaha dude me and my coworkers passive aggressively made of fun of them so hard...anyway, some people deserved it.
    To touch on another point, "why dont you get a REAL job" dude and "trolling leave quotes on the shelf dude" somewhere up the thread...First of all? FUCK YOU. Fuck you so hard. Where you at the park one day and some kid threw a stick for his dog to catch so hard that it went up your ass, and you've been that way ever since? SERIOUSLY guys. WHere is your humanity? Our job is not as good as yours and therefore we dont deserve to be treated like human beings? Do you go to a restaurant and stiff the waiter also? Or do you pretend to tip and then go back and scratch off the tip and make sure he doesnt get paid? And dont you dare say that waiters are a different story. Waiters often times are BETTER paid than us. at least they get 2 to 3 dollars an hour. We are COMMISSION ONLY. Have you never heard of "treat others like you would like to be treated?"
    First, "real job" dude. Plenty of people at frys electronics had bachelors degrees, had previously been teachers, accountants, technicians..you name it. YOu may not be familiar with this, but sometimes, people lose their jobs. Sometimes, people are on the hunt for a job for such a long time that they are glad when they finally find anything at all. Anybody who gets up in the morning to drive themselves to work and has to put up with assholes like you for 8 hours not only has a "real" job, but a really hard one, too. You are treating us like beggars on the street, you know those that look 25 to 35 years old, not crippled, and almost look clean cut, and still are begging on the streets? I dont judge them, but you are treating us as if we were doing something to that degree. Some of my coworkers have two or three children, and some of them go home with 0 dollars for the day and sometimes even NEGATIVE (if something gets returned) after having had to put up with YOUR shit for 8 hours. Sure, there are a few nice customers, but unfortunately, while not the norm, there are enough rotten people like you to make it a prevalent problem.
    Second, quote troll dude. There was some customers who simply said "no. i dont need any help" refused to let us help him and then simply walked away with the product. You know what? that sucked, but I was OK with it. Understandable. But YOU, in my 3 and a half years I never encountered someone as evil as you. You deliberately took the time to let FIVE DIFFERENT sales associates who are simply trying to feed themselves and their families write you quotes just so that you can have the satisfaction of mocking them and leave on the shelf for them to find? I cannot even fathom what is going through someones head when they are being that deliberately evil. Like, do you get up in the morning and go "gee, what a beautiful day. I wonder who I can fuck over today?" I mean dude, sure, the sales reps didnt help you...ok then just SAY NO. Why do you have to go out of your way to be hostile? And here is something you don't know: We deserve that commission. "but you didnt help me with the item", you say? THen who the fuck did you think stayed until 11 pm the previous night going through heavy pallets and driving forklifts to make sure that item is on the shelf for you to find? WE DID. And do we get paid hourly?? NO WE DO NOT. Who do you think does product schematics for hours in the middle of the day to make sure products have some kinda consistent location, instead of selling to customers? WE DO. And do we get paid hourly for it? Well, you're a smart cookie right? You already know the answer to that. AND HERE IS ANOTHER THING ALMOST NO ONE KNOWS. Frys hires associates based on the percentage of items that leave the store without a quote. In the computers department, a minimum of 75% of items are expected to have a quote, however managers shoot for 90%. If the percentage of quoted items falls short, Fry's sees it at "oh, they dont have enough people to help customers" and THEY HIRE MORE PEOPLE. You know how on a slow day you walk into Frys, and there are like 10 fucking white shirts walking around looking for something to do, and no customers in sight? And when you approach the department, they all pounce at you? Well...hahahaha. Fry's overhired. And guess whose fault that is...*smirk* DING DING DING! CORRECT! YOURS! The more you avoid people to write you a quote, the more people that will show up to "bother you" Isnt that awesome? To find out that you are the cause of the thing you loathe the most about Fry's?

But seriously, closing note. As a salesperson ( i now work for a major wireless carrier) my personal philosophy is to be corteous, friendly, thorough, and sincere. Because that's what I would expect from someone helping me. THis led me to be top sales person in the district at frys, and top sales person at my current job. If a customer is rude, however, dont expect service. At all. No, the customer is not always right. That is utter bullshit. No, you are not entitled to treat us like dogs. No, we dont have to help you just because you walked into the store. Yes, we can refuse service. OH and one last thing. It is 100 possible for the sales associate to grab an abandoned quote, submit a sales research long after the customer left, and get paid for it. So technically, you do not really have a choice whether we get commission on it or not, so why be a dick? I hope anybody who agrees with these people goes through a commission only sales job one day. Just so you can walk in our shoes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 9622
    I can not understand why you would go so far just to make sure the salespeople don't get the commission for the sales. I have always been under the impression that since they are under commission they would have to ensure that what the customer is buying is what they want for what they need, because if the customer is unsatisfied and returns the product then that means they lose the money in the first place. What's the point of working so hard to sell something overpriced if it ends up being what the customer doesn't want and end up returning it to lose the money made off the commission later?
    Logically speaking if the item is returned then the employee loses the money that was earned when the customer bought the product. Why would Fry's bother to pay the employee if the item is returned? It stands to reason that if the item is returned even after the employee is paid for the commission then Fry's would be of mind to make the employee pay it back since it is the employee's fault for selling something that was returned.
    From personal experience, unless you are buying a small item, isn't it the sales person the one responsible to go look for and retrieve the product for you? I highly doubt that is counted as the employee doing 'nothing' because if you have ever gone to IKEA it is not so simple to find and get what you need. Also have you never had the frustration that is called Walmart? Where there is never a person to help you whatsoever and if there is they usually reply with, "Sorry that is not my department" only to leave without doing anything at all to help you?
    As far as whether these jobs at Fry's is a real job or not. I can not comprehend why you would think that it is not a 'real' job. Is it because it is a commission based job? Or that they are people that get paid less then you, the customer. If that is so then I believe you must be a person that never goes to eat at restaurants, fast food places nor grocery shop. Since they are filled with people who make much less money than you do. Since at restaurants the waiters and workers get paid so little and are basically commissioned by the tips they get from you. Fast food places are just places of people who just cook frozen food and give it to you. So it's not really a job either since it is not that difficult, I mean you can just do it yourself right? Why must you pay to have someone prepare the food for you? It's so easy. It's not a real job.
    Just like the people at Fry's. Why do you need to make sure they get paid? When you can just go to the warehouse yourself and find what you need in a sea of boxes of different products with no signs whatsoever. You'll find it in time. You don't need anyone to sort those things out, label them and price them for you. You will find what you need and find out for yourself how much it costs without them having to go through the extra trouble of putting the prices tags on things.
    To those people that think that is not a 'real job'. You are deluded and clueless if you think that they are doing 'nothing' because our technologies are not advanced enough to have everything done and magically be where they need to be without the use of people. All those price tags and stock being there are because someone put it there. Fry's is huge. It's not a small rinky dink store that is easily stocked or priced. By the end of the year those people have to count all that too to make sure that there's enough so that you can buy it if you need it. That is so difficult and arduous that it probably takes DAYS for them to accomplish it. It is not an easy task. You should not be a business owner. If you are your employees must loathe having a boss that is such a tyrant and probably unable to do anything them-self.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
  9.  permalink
    I've stopped shopping and working at Fry's since 2008.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2015
    @Guest9622  

Seriously? 2 pages to say "waa!!!!" ???  

I feel sorry for the customers you tried to help... they were probably wanting to cut their own throats before you finally shut up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 2250
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2015
    Yawn... I don't go to Fry's to "look for stuff". If I'm in there, I need it now, I know exactly what I want + Fry's item#, if it's in stock (wouldn't be there otherwise), and where it's at.

If it can wait until tomorrow, I'll pay +$4 to Anazon & get it next day.

No - I don't need you. Make fun all you want. At the end of the day I can buy 6 of you. I'm glad if I make a lasting impression for you & your co-workers' entertainment, because I won't remember you beyond that 2 second interaction.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 2250
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2015
    And no - I would not tip the waitress if I had to go place my order with the cook, then go pick it up myself (McDonalds?). Outback seems to be going that way with their Presto units or whatever. Waiter still brinfs the food though. Cut them out, then no tip, which is fine as at Outback that's pushing $40 for 4 @ 20%.
  10.  permalink
    I am currently a salesman for Fry's. If you walk up to a customer and just ask "Can I write that up for you" without actually helping the customer, you deserve it when the customer decides to fuck around with you and abandon your quote. Instead, how about approaching the customer and saying "Hello" and maybe complementing them on the item that they have already chosen, or perhaps offering some advice about the item. Yes. This is going to actually require for you to know something about the item in question... which is something you should be already knowing about to begin with. Now, this strategy is not always successful, but I bet I it will be less likely that your customer will throw out your quote. It also helps to TAPE (Not staple) your quote onto the product in such a way where it covers OVER the barcode. This is for those new cashiers who don't know that they need to scan the quote first, vs the barcode on the product. It also helps out a tiny bit with people who try to pricematch; though it doesn't help that we have "We will pricematch internet prices" plastered everywhere around the store.

Also here's another strategy if you have an asshole customer who you suspect might abandon your quote (because there are people like the one above who are complete dickbags). Give him a copy of the quote, and tell him that his product will be waiting up front at the register. Then take the product up yourself with the quote attached to it. Again, this strategy isn't always successful, but it has worked with most of the asshole customers I had to deal with, that I suspected would toss out my quote. This strategy especially works well if the item you're selling is the last item in stock. >=)
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2015
    Guest: if you have an asshole customer

That's the sort of attitude that's driving customers away from Fry's. Most customers aren't stupid. They can sense when a salesperson has contempt for them and is only out for a quick buck. There's a reason Fry's is losing business.
  11.  permalink
    @Obi

Most customers (in electronic stores) are dumb as shit, whether its Fry's or not.

And no, I do not work at Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2015
    Guest: @Obi  

Most customers (in electronic stores) are dumb as shit, whether its Fry's or not.  

As well as most of the people working there....ask them a technical question about a product, and their eyes glaze over...right before reading the side of the box, then pulling a false answer out of their butts when it is not listed on the box.  

I don't expect every sales person to be up to the minute on everything made or sold, but if you don't know the answer....just say so. It's all cool. Frys salesmen are more prone to try bullshitting you than admitting they don't know an answer... which chaps my ass.
  12.  permalink
    "Give him a copy of the quote, and tell him that his product will be waiting up front at the register."

"Why!? What are you insinuating? I'm going to steal it because I'm brown!?"

Have fun with that one.
  13.  permalink
    And if the salesman is also brown, then what?
  14.  permalink
    If you don't want to spend time writing a quote that might be discarded, then stop trying to write quotes for items that can be checked out without one. Simple as that.
  15.  permalink
    "And if the salesman is also brown, then what?"

Oreo
    •  
      CommentAuthorgobo760
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2015
    I actually thought you were going to suggest folding the quote into a paper hat and having the customer wear it. Not sure where my brain is today....
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2015
    gobo760: I actually thought you were going to suggest folding the quote into a paper hat and having the customer wear it. Not sure where my brain is today....

I'd shop at Fry's for paper hats :face-monkey:, but I want them to look like a crown like at Burger King or something.