Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2015
    Called Store 8 to ask if their service department does a complimentary memory installation if I purchased memory from the store, but couldn't get through to the service department. Specifically, the answering system said to press 0 to be transferred to an operator. Waited 20 minutes and gave up.  

Randy Fry, if you're reading this, please take your head out your ass and fix your stores!
  1.  permalink
    You would have to pay for the RAM install.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2015
    You'd really trust Fry's to install memory without totally screwing up your computer?
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2015
    I hope you called to test their systems rather than really go there for a memory install. A 4 year old can install memory into a computer...
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2015
    r3j3ct: I hope you called to test their systems rather than really go there for a memory install. A 4 year old can install memory into a computer...

I could have done it myself, true, but I wanted to help a family member and wasn't in town.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJimbo
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2015 edited
    A complimentary service? At Fry's? You know where you're shopping right?  

it costs $34.99 (at least when I worked there). Long hold and wait times are a direct consequence of understaffing. If you're really uncomfortable doing it yourself, find a technically inclined 8 year old and give him $15. You'll save money and help nurture the young innovators of tomorrow! A win-win for everyone!:face-smile: