Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2015
    I never signed up for the insurance but how does it stack up against other companies or buying your own? What does it cost?
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2015 edited
    It's horrible. Costs are high for terrible coverage; the coverage they offer have almost no benefits compared to being employed by other companies or independently buying insurance. Take advantage of ACA ("Obama Care"), or get insurance through another job if you have multiple jobs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2015
    Really? How much are we talking about? I work for a labor union so insurance kicks ass. You still have your copay but premiums are free.  

Also, what about retirement perks? 401k?
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2015
    I was paying a little over 25 a week for what was shit tier coverage. 25 dollar Co pays for doctor visits, horrible prescription coverage. Think my Co pay on my shoulder surgery ran me about 1500.
  1.  permalink
    ~6 years ago I was paying about $22 bucks a month, but for the crappiest copay you can imagine. Better than nothing I guess.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2015
    t0rrent: I was paying a little over 25 a week for what was shit tier coverage. 25 dollar Co pays for doctor visits, horrible prescription coverage. Think my Co pay on my shoulder surgery ran me about 1500.

^ Mine was shy of $20 per week, but it was almost the same as having no coverage. Out of luck, I have never needed to use it, but this would basically only ease the burden/cost of major emergencies.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    You can partly blame the big O for this one. Once the "Affordable" *cough* *cough* Healthcare Act was passed, it gave insurers and employers the right to offer little of nothing for maximum rates...just for the enrollment numbers. To the day, ever since the AHA was passed, my insurance has either gone up in price, reduced benefits, or both...every year. And I work for a pretty big company that USED to have excellent benefits...  
    Gotta be on welfare to see anything good about todays healthcare.:face-crying:
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2015 edited
    skullywag: You can partly blame the big O for this one. Once the "Affordable" *cough* *cough* Healthcare Act was passed, it gave insurers and employers the right to offer little of nothing for maximum rates...just for the enrollment numbers. To the day, ever since the AHA was passed, my insurance has either gone up in price, reduced benefits, or both...every year. And I work for a pretty big company that USED to have excellent benefits...  

Mine was several years before Obama as I worked their from 04-09. Frys offered only the cheapest they could get which was really not good at all. And my healthcare now (yay for unions) is significantly better. As for the gotta be on welfare for good coverage, probably one of the most retarded things i've seen. Yes, some people's rates went up, but you can blame insurance companies who were offering shit tiers of coverage and now being told you have to offer a minimum level of coverage which was more then what some of these people were offering. I blame the insurance companies more than Obama for that though. Know plenty of people in Europe/Canada that would be dead now if they didn't have access to government insurance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    Mine was before the ACA too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2015
    t0rrent:
    skullywag: You can partly blame the big O for this one. Once the "Affordable" *cough* *cough* Healthcare Act was passed, it gave insurers and employers the right to offer little of nothing for maximum rates...just for the enrollment numbers. To the day, ever since the AHA was passed, my insurance has either gone up in price, reduced benefits, or both...every year. And I work for a pretty big company that USED to have excellent benefits...  

Mine was several years before Obama as I worked their from 04-09. Frys offered only the cheapest they could get which was really not good at all. And my healthcare now (yay for unions) is significantly better. As for the gotta be on welfare for good coverage, probably one of the most retarded things i've seen. Yes, some people's rates went up, but you can blame insurance companies who were offering shit tiers of coverage and now being told you have to offer a minimum level of coverage which was more then what some of these people were offering. I blame the insurance companies more than Obama for that though. Know plenty of people in Europe/Canada that would be dead now if they didn't have access to government insurance.

I'd suggest Googling before running the mouth. I never said rates never went up before Obama care....they have just been going up faster since. And seeing how those on welfare pay nada for insurance, I'd say that's the most decent coverage of all. There are plenty of people from Canada, and European countries who have to come to the states to receive procedures they NEED.
  2.  permalink
    Funny thing is based on your income if you cannot afford Obamacare the penalty is waived.
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2015
    skullywag:
    t0rrent:

I'd suggest Googling before running the mouth. I never said rates never went up before Obama care....they have just been going up faster since. And seeing how those on welfare pay nada for insurance, I'd say that's the most decent coverage of all. There are plenty of people from Canada, and European countries who have to come to the states to receive procedures they NEED.

You telling me to research things before running my mouth has got to be one of the most hilarious things you've said, with the hyperbole you spew. We weren't even talking about if rates were going up before Obama. Someone asked if the insurance was any good and we gave our opinions based on what was happening, and in typical fashion, had to bring Obama and politics into it when it had absolutely nothing to do with it.  

Also for those who come here for procedures they need, they sure as shit are not getting it for free, they are paying out the ass for it. They are not getting it for free or heavily subsidized like they do in countries where health insurance is an entitlement everyone gets.
  3.  permalink
    Before I left I was paying $91 a week for family coverage... and then paying between 20%-40% when going to my doctor's. When I left I switched to Kaiser, bought the best copay plan I could out of pocket. Premium runs me about $900/month however my visits cost almost nothing now, my meds are insanely cheaper and the quality of care is better.

TLDR Blue Shield through Fry's sucks - overpriced both on the premium and the out of pocket
    •  
      CommentAuthorUge3
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2015
    Charlie: I never signed up for the insurance but how does it stack up against other companies or buying your own? What does it cost?

dental just got me an extraction for $27 at my dentist (paid 90%)  

Eye - got me a $100 frames and $100 lenses for $47 at wal-mart....
  4.  permalink
    Speaking as someone who needs health coverage to simply live, it works.

I think I would be screwed if an emergency happened but it is a much better option than any of the pay it yourself plans for being able to live as someone who cannot without insurance. I pay less for prescriptions then I did under my Father's health insurance which most of you would consider much more prestigious.

Would I want better coverage?

Hell yes, but seriously, we should be glad the option simply exists, I know I am.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 5865
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2016
    location within my public complexes!
  5.  permalink
    Mudbox is a software for 3D sculpting and painting which is developed by Autodesk.
  6.  permalink
    One of the things that has not changed over the years is what the company contributes to the medical benefits. As costs increase they still pay the same amount and defer all additional costs to the associate.