Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSlim225
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2015
    what happens if you quit your job and lost pervention calls you to have a meeting
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    Did you steal anything?  

I'd say no problem. You're not an employee any longer. Just calling you to clear some stuff up so they don't have to spend time on anything any further.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    You have no obligation to go.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2015
    Josh: You have no obligation to go.

It's still a good idea to go, so they can quell any investigations and you won't have to hear about it again in the future.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2015 edited
    Charlie:
    Josh: You have no obligation to go.

It's still a good idea to go, so they can quell any investigations and you won't have to hear about it again in the future.

Even if he or she did do something wrong, why make their job easier? Will the consequence from the wrong doing change? In many cases, if they didn't catch the person on their way out, they didn't have enough evidence; they're probably just hoping that the OP will incriminate him or herself; I believe even innocent people are led into answers that could be self incriminating.  

By no means do I support such implied "wrong doing", but if I were in OP's position (and maybe nothing was "wrong" was done - I have no idea), I'd be asking myself how this would benefit me? So what if they have 100 year investigation going on? Make them work for it, let them chase their tails if they are wrong.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Slim225: what happens if you quit your job and lost pervention calls you to have a meeting

Did you ask...."what is the purpose for/what is this meeting about?"
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2015
    Look, I value you two as some of my top associates, but the advice you're giving this person is wrong. The purpose of the meeting is to help straighten out any discrepancies and errors my LP staff may have run into. That's it. By not going, all the OP is doing is raising suspicions.  

Why doesn't he want to go? Did he steal anything? I can assure you that we wouldn't be holding a meeting if we had evidence, rather, we'd just file a complaint with the police and he'd already be under arrest. By not attending the meeting, the OP is just making himself look like he's hiding guilt. And that refusal will be used against him in court.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    Lololololololol...  

... cute.  

OP, just enjoy Charlie's joke :face-monkey:. Obviously ObiWan has never been an associate of Fry's, and my employment was involuntarily terminated. If Loss Prevention had anything tangible against you, they wont need you to meet with them, and meeting with them wouldn't make anything better in either case (innocent or not). I'm assuming most people or retailers wouldn't be calling people they are "suspicious" of just to be nice and "give them a chance (to save/defend themselves)." I don't know your situation, but even with innocence, you can be led into answers and you could incriminate yourself by accident.  

You'd be better off telling them to go fuck themselves. There's no law against that, and there is no law against suspicion either; they can be suspicious all they would like.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2015
    Look, just go, and tell them you will remain silent, and you'll refuse to sign anything. While you're there, tell them to never attempt to contact you again. Thank them for their time, wish them luck in finding better places to work as rent-a-cops, and walk out.  

That's it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAcidBurn
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2015
    Masturbate furiously once they close the office door.