Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2015
    Ahem, ahem...Randy Fry here, and I know a lot of my associates who post on FrysForum.com are worried about my company finally sinking and all the doors closing. I would like to reassure everyone here that is NOT what's going to happen. Fry's has never laid anyone off and never will. You'll always have work at my stores and, if you're not a good fit, only be separated for 100% legitimate reasons.  

Bankruptcy or liquidation are not acceptable options, nor is acquisition as Fry's Electronics will always be run be myself and my family. Which leads me to revealing some great news: I am training my son to one day take over the business, and so far he's starting to be more ambitious than I am! I know the future of Fry's is looking bright by just looking at the success of family-run businesses: Kim Jong Ill and his son Un; Saddam and Uday to name a few.  

Your Best Buys and jobs are always at Fry's! :face-monkey:
  1.  permalink
    Best buy will buy you out. You should start looking for bidders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2015
    Guest: Best buy will buy you out. You should start looking for bidders.

Me? A sell-out? Never. It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 9986
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2015
    Oh lookie here. It's a guy posing as the CEO of Fry's. :/
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2015
    Guest: Oh lookie here. It's a guy posing as the CEO of Fry's. :/

Nah, it's the real Randy Fry alright, his avatar is a picture of himself, therefore it must be him...
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    After thorough diagnostics, we have determined that it is the real Randy Fry, and Fry's is not hemorrhaging money.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    It is the real Randy Fry. Please, stop making rude comments.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwebb666
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2015 edited
    the improvement of Fry is cool. before last week, i quitted the using for Fry. but now i'm back. come on.Samsung Galaxy S6 case
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2015
    webb666: the improvement of Fry is cool. before last week, i quitted the using for Fry. but now i'm back. come on.

Please....learn proper grammar or you'll wind up working for Fry's.

keep-calm-and-check-your-grammar.png
  2.  permalink
    ObiWan, that is a bot. Bravo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgobo760
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2015
    It's probably the tumbleweed blowing down the empty isles, through the doors and into he empty parking lots that gives that impression. Side note, does Fry's still offer that "million dollar 401k" or whatever that carrot was that they used to dangle in front of all their employees back in the day? I can't remember now what you were required to do to get the million... it was like, "work at Fry's for 30 years" or something insane like that.
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2015
    gobo760: It's probably the tumbleweed blowing down the empty isles, through the doors and into he empty parking lots that gives that impression. Side note, does Fry's still offer that "million dollar 401k" or whatever that carrot was that they used to dangle in front of all their employees back in the day? I can't remember now what you were required to do to get the million... it was like, "work at Fry's for 30 years" or something insane like that.

Think it was 15 years, but you also had to reach ASM or higher I believe, and those who did and closed in were mysteriously fired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2015
    t0rrent:
    gobo760: It's probably the tumbleweed blowing down the empty isles, through the doors and into he empty parking lots that gives that impression. Side note, does Fry's still offer that "million dollar 401k" or whatever that carrot was that they used to dangle in front of all their employees back in the day? I can't remember now what you were required to do to get the million... it was like, "work at Fry's for 30 years" or something insane like that.

Think it was 15 years, but you also had to reach ASM or higher I believe, and those who did and closed in were mysteriously fired.

Yup. The LP manager at store 8 was fired after 14.9 years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2015
    Charlie:
    t0rrent:

Yup. The LP manager at store 8 was fired after 14.9 years.

•  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2015
    Sorry man, we had to do it. You don't think anybody really touches my million dollars, do you? Pfffft :P~~~
  3.  permalink
    what happened to the Friday print ads? i looked forward to them!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 3046
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2015
    They decided to "save" money and go to maybe one page ads.
    Those are now on Sunday's, and EVERYTHING on sale is now a Promo Code item.
    Basically they want your email & zip code to send you a code that works on specific items in the store.

95% of the time it's the SAME items EVERY WEEK.
    Sometimes more than once a week (why do we sell water 2 days a week for $2.40 for a 24 pack?)
    They usually have the same lame Blu-Rays on sale (and we haven't had a BOGO 50% off anime sale in MONTHS).
    Probably pissed off the buyers.

I know it's Summer, but normally even on quiet days I ring up $10,000 worth of stuff.
    Lately I haven't been getting above $7,000.

Until about 8 PM/8:30 PM it's pretty slow.
    Then a BUNCH of people just come in (sometimes just for one thing).
    Since for no apparent reason we stay open 15-20 minutes AFTER we are supposed to close at 9 PM, people know this and wander in at like 9-9:10 and we have to wait for them to leave.
    Which sometimes takes until almost 10 PM.

So long story short, they are spending a bunch of $ to keep the store open an extra hour.
    Paying the people not on commission, the electricity (must be why the AC never works properly), etc.
  4.  permalink
    Not even the beginning of the end; They have been close to closing for at least a few years. At this point they are just holding on for as long as they can. Cutting hours here, cutting costs there. It's just a matter of time until those once proud SM's can start applying for sales jobs at Best Buy and Target for minimum wage.
  5.  permalink
    Obviously everyone here is new to frys, at least relative to me. The 1 million thing you're talking about was a program called deffered compensation. All employees were eligible, BUT, since it was based upon a % of your contribution 1 million was only ever possible for upper level management. They're contribution was store gp, a salesman was his own gp. Anyways they killed that program in 07.