Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2015
    I was an inspection at our facility across Johnson Space Center (NASA) this morning. So I figured I'd stop by the Fry's in Webster. First thing I notice - more employees than customers. Next up - lots of empty shelves (with lots of dust), and lots of junky toys being sold. It was so quiet in there, you could hear a nasal drip.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    FRY"S WEBSTER STORE 34!!!!!!
    Webster's Ethics...or lack there of
    webster lp manager favoritism
    Fellow Associates In Webster
    Interviewed at Fry's three times, took drug test...
  2.  permalink
    Well if the vendors aren't getting paid then why would they send more merchandise out? And Randy Fry
    wonders why everyone thinks Fry's will close. Why do you think the parking lot is empty at some
    stores?? Because there's nothing to buy Mr. Fry!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2015 edited
    I can confirm other locations look like this too... even one of their more praised stores (in sales) such as Store # 15 - San Diego. I was too lazy to walk into their office and look at the 99 and Spread Report, but I would imagine that the numbers are not looking too good.  

Note to Fry's Employees: I would not recommend posting numbers or even a generalization of their numbers; Fry's has a confidentiality policy you agreed to when you were hired, and I am not certain of the legality of revealing their numbers without permission. My speculation is based on activity inside of the Store as a potential customer, although they did not have what I was looking for in stock.
  3.  permalink
    In general, the company hasn't hit "Last Year" sales in a given year since 2008.
  4.  permalink
    ObiWan - I am going to have to call you out on this one.

As much as you go after grammar, you're first sentence leaves much to be desired. Unless I missed something, one can not be an inspection. Your facility, does it span JSC? Or is it across the street?

Also, the volume of the top 20 music played in that store prevents rational thought. Hearing nasal drip is quite challenging. I would offer that it is impossible under those conditions.

=D
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2015
    Guest: ObiWan - I am going to have to call you out on this one.  

As much as you go after grammar, you're first sentence leaves much to be desired. Unless I missed something, one can not be

You're right - I left out a couple of key words in the first sentence. My error. The facility I was at is across the street off of NASA Road 1. As to it being able to "hear a nasal drip", it's a pun or play on words.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2015
    You should have seen Obi Wan's older posts; he would deliberately misspell words and use poor grammar.  

His grammar and spelling isn't absolutely horrid compared to what he typically calls out. If we all wanted to be grammar Nazis here... I'm not sure if it should be can not or cannot. *dies*.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAviator08
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2015
    ObiWan: I was an inspection at our facility across Johnson Space Center (NASA) this morning. So I figured I'd stop by the Fry's in Webster. First thing I notice - more employees than customers. Next up - lots of empty shelves (with lots of dust), and lots of junky toys being sold. It was so quiet in there, you could hear a nasal drip.

What time and day did you come in? I work at this store and know that during the week in the mornings it can be slow but that is the case for most retail stores