Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHunter1534
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2015
    i did my research on the company after i submitted my application and it sounds really bad from what i've read. Apparently the sales positions are commisions only? i have zero sales experience so this sounds like a nightmare. Should i ignore the offer and look elsewhere?
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Any advice for computer sales?
    I got called today for an interview... should I do it?
    Any tips for Computer Sales Associate?
    Fry's Interview In San Jose This Coming Week..Any Advice?
    How to grab Fry's attention for a possible interview.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    "Run, Forrest, Run!"
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    You can try it out and see what its like. Some people here average $25 / hour.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Charlie: You can try it out and see what its like. Some people here average $25 / hour.

bs.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    ObiWan:
    Charlie: You can try it out and see what its like. Some people here average $25 / hour.

Just because you've failed at my stores doesn't mean that others will. Nor should you hate on those people, either:

index.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorHunter1534
    SO i'll take that as a no. This is the burbank location btw
  2.  permalink
    Fry's is a good place to go for first time sales. If you have the skills, you'll do fine and can use the experience to get a real job. If you can't sell, you'll quickly get fired. They won't spend any time or resources on any real training.
  3.  permalink
    I never took a sales position, I'm too quiet for it to work well, but I did my tasks profesionaly and respectfully (as much as you can, as a merch) and was treated well vs like a slave. Just take whatever happens as noting too personal onto you.

Many will say you'll bennefit from working a retail/sales job, if not just knowing to treat employees nicer overall. Also skills from a beginner level sales job never hurts, only helps build skills for future career options.

If you do take it, a place to learn about what you are selling (sales training from MFR) sign up for cyber scholar...

but do keep your eyes open for other opportunities if you take it, once you are home/free for the day hustle more for other opportunities.
  4.  permalink
    I wouldn't. I was a bloodthirsty salesperson there long ago. It paid me well at the time, but it's much different now. The sheer pressure and unprofessional environment there isn't worth it unless you're making $100,000+. And yes top A/V guys made that and more back in the day (Tran Le others etc). I could write a book about all the thing that happened there, I'm pretty sure nobody would give a fark though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 5865
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2016
    You are my inhalation, I have few blogs and sometimes run out from to brand.