Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjball
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2015
    Help - any Fry's current or ex- Returns desk employees.  
    I went and bought as a gift a $599.00 3Dr IRIS Multicopter drone and a case, battery, Gimbal- total $1100, on 8/31/15. BEFORE I purchased I asked for ASSURANCE I could return it if he didn't want it or like it- NO PROBLEM I was told by 2 employees, Daniel and Mark at San Marcos, CA store. Daniel even walked me to cashier, reiterated to the cashier at time of purchase that it was returnable and I did not have to sign the usual form at Cashier regarding NO RETURN on RC Quad-copters. Mark and Daniel stated there was a return agreement with the IRIS manufacturer 3Dr, and both the SOLO and IRIS were returnable. I attempted to return it after 8 days,in perfect new condition, they accepted for return the accessories, Case, Gimbal- total $548.00 but not IRIS Quadcopter.  
    They said I needed an RMA from manufacturer 3Dr. Daniel the salesman was in store, came to returns desk, CONFIRMED he said I could return it, then mumbled under his breath, "with an RMA." No one ever said the customer had to obtain an RMA- but I attempted to get one. I called the manufacturer 3Dr, spoke to Vincent in customer service, he said they don't give RMAs to customers. That Fry's "knows the drill". That Frys would get the RMA. I wrote an email to the Fry's San Marcos location Manager, whose name is on the receipt, Mgr. Gaetano Ventrella, explaining how I was lied to, and no response. I tried 3 times to call the Frys store and reached a Call Center person who took my message- during business hours.  
    I returned a 2nd time to Frys, and have to wait at Returns desk for over 1 hour. Malissa at Frys says 3Dr is "Wrong" that they are "dropping the ball" and not giving me or Frys an RMA so I am screwed. Then she has Frys "Drone expert" do a telemetry test on the unit to prove the time the motor has been running since it was made. I left the unit there with them after waiting an eternity and then get a call from her days later stating they will not accept it for return.  

HELP How can they lie flat out and not honor a return with receipt, within terms of printed return policy? In perfect condition. We originally planned to return and upgrade to the SOLO, because the IRIS was very very loud. Also, the Frys reps lied and misrepresented the IRIS, stated that a tablet or cell phone could be mounted on the controller used with software for better flying experience. They told me to go elsewhere to buy a GOPRO camera because they cannot sell them. I asked how to mount the tablet and they said a KIT would come with the GOPRO- WRONG- it's a $300.00 plus kit purchased from 3DR- so they also lied there. Do I have to get a lawyer-Go to small claims court- should I contact the CEO? would that help? They have the IRIS- I am out $599.00 plus tax- I will NEVER EVER spend another dime at that unethical lying horrible company.

IRIS.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2015
    I'll just quote what I wrote in the other thread:  

Josh: People like you working up the chain because it takes forever, and then it's easy for everyone to coordinate working against you. Jump far up the chain and contact a Customer Service District (2) [Department] Manager (DDM) or even the Director if any are available. You can simply call the home office operator line and ask them to transfer you: (408)-487-4500. Even though the phone number is no secret, operators are kind hesitant and slow people (in my personal opinion), so I would not make it obvious that you are a customer.  

I wouldn't be a straight asshole to them over the phone, but "whiny" normally gets you what you want, and implying "possible" legal means if it becomes necessary (You would lose in court based on paper, but the whole process is a major pain in the ass and it might be easier for them simply return it). DDMs and Directors do not like getting "bad" calls from customers, and it is easy for them to pencil-whip a few decisions to get you off their back. Considering that the aircraft is not damaged and you have tried to return it soon after, it might be possibly for them to make the exception to their policy.  

Good luck!  

edit: Don't tell the operator your story, and the reason you are wanting the Customer Service department is because it is return related. These drones belong to Audio & Video Department (A/V) but I have more in depth detail about that department and the people, and I am too lazy to describe it online. I am certain that the Customer Service department would be better for your circumstance... I would avoid speaking to the A/V department as much as possible.
  1.  permalink
    let me guess, you bought fancy "drone" for your child, fiancee, husband, significant other, they crashed it, maybe not know how to use it, cut their hands off aka enrique and you want to return it now?

they tell you not returnable for a reason. they are not toys. they can injure people. even cause death.

what happens when they extract GPS data? did you damage it? at my store they will return if in perfect not flyed condition. if there are any scratch, usually means you fly and damaged it.

think about what you say and do. is it reasonable to return a damaged product?
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2015
    Guest: let me guess, you bought fancy "drone" for your child, fiancee, husband, significant other, they crashed it, maybe not know how to use it, cut their hands off aka enrique and you want to return it now?  

they tell you not returnable for a reason. they are not toys. they can injure people. even cause death.  

what happens when they extract GPS data? did you damage it? at my store they will return if in perfect not flyed condition. if there are any scratch, usually means you fly and damaged it.  

think about what you say and do. is it reasonable to return a damaged product?

"11. Select aerial photography drones are only returnable if the product is unopened. Open boxes will not be accepted for return."  

^ Nobody said anything about crashing it. They are simply being stubborn with a policy, which is relatively new compared to their other policies.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2015
    "as promised by sales rep" - well...there ya go. Believing what a Fry's sales rep says was your first mistake.
  2.  permalink
    If you paid with a credit card check to see if they have a return protection program. Some cards offer it if the retailer refuses to accept the return.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjball
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2015
    Thank you for the valid comments on what approach to take to get them to take back what they promised initially, "no problem returning this 3Dr Multi-Copter Fry's has an agreement with the 3Dr Company, and their two units we sell, the SOLO and IRIS are returnable."  

The Fry's printed policy on SELECT drones, I was told, did not apply to this IRIS. The sales rep Daniel even walked me to the register to inform the cashier that IT WAS RETURNABLE, and no need for me to sign the usual non-return agreement form at cashier!  

It is in perfect, new condition, and to the TROLL Guest 36900 who sarcastically stated it was probably damaged,, and to think about what I say and do, then belittle me by asking if I think it's acceptable to return damaged items? - the gift was for a close friend who is an experienced pilot, and NO it was not crashed or damaged. He charged the battery, turned it on, and it is LOUDER than a farm combine, we boxed it back up and took it back to buy the SOLO which is $1199.00 instead of $599.00 for the IRIS. They did return the case, Gimbal, extra battery, but not the IRIS, even though the sales rep verified he had said it was returnable. It is complete, in box, new condition.  

Thank you again for the other useful comments, I have never written to a blog or forum and was very hesitant to do so. I believe it will be resolved because the Customer Service at 3Dr Company was very helpful, and provided a Call Ticket number for Frys to call and confirm that they will accept it back and send Frys a new IRIS that they can sell to the next gullible person who believes their lies. They still have the IRIS and we don't have our refund yet, and trying to call is impossible, put on hold for 45 minutes or more to reach a call center in Northern California which emails the message to the local store- crazy!

IRIS.jpg