Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrelief
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2015
    I bought 65" 4K HD Television on September 6th 2015. I opened the box on September 20th 2015. I saw cracks on screen. I took back the TV in its original box to the store on same day. They refused to exchange or give me return. I am very upset that they want me to pay for damaged TV. They didn't inspected the TV in front of me. I am disappointed by their service. I will never do business with Fry's. This place don't care about customers. I am considering lawsuit to get my hard earned money. I paid with my credit card. Any advise what should I do?:face-sad::face-sad:
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    San Diego store managers gives televisions away
    Sony Introducing World’s First Internet Television on October 12
    Applied as a PC Tech, had a great interview but I feel overshadowed by this "overqualified" person
    Has anyone had the same kind of issue?
    Thought i pretty much had the job
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2015
    Take photos of the TV and dispute the charges with your credit card company. In the meanwhile, try going to a neighboring store and see if they'll take it back instead. If all else fails, take your receipt and photos and sue the store in small claims.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrelief
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2015
    Thanks Charlie for your advice. I tried taking to another neighboring store too. After I explain TV has cracks. They also refuse to take it. They told me I have to take it to the same store I bought it from. They also told me that Fry's stores operate individually. Fry's employee are not friendly people.  

As you suggested I have disputed the charges with my credit card. Let's see what happens. I will fight hard to get my hard earn money. They can't simply take my money for damaged product.  

Again Thank your for your advice.
  2.  permalink
    I agree frys has bad employees. I bought fridge but didn't open it for 2 years. When I did I was horrified to discover that my new fridge was used! I took it back and they accused me if using it, lies! I just opened it after 2 years, how could I use it?
  3.  permalink
    That's a joke, right? I don't think anyone could dispute a "used" fridge two years after the original purchase date...
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    relief: I bought 65" 4K HD Television on September 6th 2015. I opened the box on September 20th 2015. I saw cracks on screen.

To be fair, anything could've happened in the 2 weeks you had it. Unless you had that TV in its box under constant 24/7 surveillance, from the time of purchase, loading it, driving it home, unloading it, setting it into storage, and waiting all that time to open it to find damage, it's not logical for any seller, not just Fry's, to believe such a story.  

You're also leaving out a lot of details. Did get the TV delivered? How did the box look when the salesman brought it out to you? Did you take it home yourself? If so, you used a truck or large van to transport it, right? Also, why did you wait so long to open it up? If I paid good money for something big like a 4K TV, I would open that thing up as soon as possible to check for any defects, missing accessories, etc.  

While we're on the subject here, why didn't you ask the salesman to open the TV for you? Surely, there would at least be a few merchandisers around to give a hand with that. To the poster's credit though, that should be an automatic thing for A/V salesmen to do when selling large, expensive merchandise. He could've asked for help in opening it up to verify with you, and would've built more customer loyalty that way.  

Anyways, as a heads up, it doesn't look like this will end well for you. You'll be asked the same thing if you also try to take this to court. And to the guy with the 2-year old fridge? lol, don't be a troll. Go home.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrelief
    Anakin,  

I bought this TV for my new home. I did't open the box for 2 week because i was not done setting up my living room. The cracks on TV are hard to see. Box looked fine from outside. It had several packing tape on top of the box. More i think, it looks like they sold me returned item. I don't expect the store like fry's selling damaged products. If I knew that, i wouldn't go their.  

That TV was in Fry's warehouse for several months. Why don't you think, it may have damaged in their warehouse. Do they have any proof? The answer is NO!  

I paid for that TV. I don't want it to be damaged. Those people in warehouse, Do you think they cares? I am not accusing they did that intentionally. All I am trying to say is, it may have happen accidentally. fry's need to take responsibility of negligence from their employee. They can't simply sell damaged product to customers.  

Simple question for you is, Do you inspect every item you buy? I don't know about you. But I don't! I expect it to be in good working condition. That is why, almost all stores has return policy.  

No offence to you. I am just trying to share my experience and recommend others not to do business with fry's. I am also trying to get advice on how I can get my hard earn money back.:face-sad::face-sad:
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2015
    LOL - don't listen to the jedi knights on this forum. Just take your photos, write down when you purchased it, when you went to the stores to return them, who you spoke with, etc. You can also try calling home office to ask if you can return it. There's a secret phone numbers list somewhere on this forum, and if you find it, feel free to give me a jingle - my name is Randy Fry.
  4.  permalink
    See these all the time. You're only hope is whenever you buy a TV or anything that can have damage is to inspect it the second you get it at home. There should be no reason for you to not open it and inspect to see if it isn't damaged. I've worked in returns for frys for a good while and anytime it's past more than a day and you show up with a physically damaged item, they will chalk it up to negligence and deny you a return, you may have a small chance for a replacement that day or the morning of the next. 2 weeks is way too much for any logical retailer to take back a broken screen on a 4k TV
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2015
    Important Safety Tip - don't buy high end stuff from Fry's. They treat everything like the American Tourister Gorilla -  
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C-e96m4730
  5.  permalink
    For what it's worth, it can't fix your situation, the store I was employed at many years ago did offer/insist/help to open and inspect the TV in store before checkout just to reduce returns. (That sales guy doesn't want a return or sell a broken TV more than you.) That was one of the few nice things that dept would reguularly do for certain value items. Only time they'd skip it would be, if there was a crowd in the back for pulling items, if the customer asked they'd go to front checkout by LP and show then. It seems odd they didn't, but that dept went through a lot of turnover from management down. So the "show" them their TV might not be trained or advised because the advice was lost or unwanted. If it was delivered, they always unbox and inspect it for damage with a number of people. The salesperson should check when it's pulled, the LP and/or installers check to see if it matches the order, and manager can chime in between when it's pulled and loaded.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrelief
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2015
    Guest 38874  

Thanks for your input. But I will fight hard to get my hard earned money back.  

I learned the lesson in hard way and I don't want others to have similar experience. That is why I am trying to express my feeling. Just to be honest with you and others, I will never do business with Fry's.
  6.  permalink
    Lol, no one cares.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2015
    Guest: Lol, no one cares.

Sad but true. Especially not Fry's!
  7.  permalink
    "Lol, no one cares"

Part of why I quit, I had three jobs at the time, and figured I could fit a weekend shift in easily vs running as soon as there was a green pasture to run to. I thought, I could use the funds to take a night tax class to swap the Frys into a seasonal tax prep side hustle. My current BF/now husband convinced me the stress I'd naturaly absorb (yes, I'm a push-over,that wants to fix everything) wasn't worth it for that extra buck.
  8.  permalink
    It's a cracked screen on a TV that can easily be worth 4 grand or more. Of course they aren't gonna wanna help you. No one in their right mind would want to return a TV 2 weeks after purchase with cracks on it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2015
    "Your Best Buys are always at Costco!"
    •  
      CommentAuthorrelief
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2015
    Thanks everyone for your input.  

After several phone conversation and email exchange with store manager. He agreed to give me either exchange or store credit.  

I would like to thanks Charlie for his suggestion. Without his suggestion this would be impossible.  

Thanks
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2015
    Cool. You're welcome.