Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTacoslayer
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2016
    Is there anything I should aware of / careful of regarding working at the San Marcos store?
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    SoCal Fires: San Marcos and San Diego Stores Closing
    Hi From San Marcos #25
    Attn San Marcos Salesmen.
    Employee Got Fired Then Promoted At San Marcos Fry's
    San Marcos Store
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhilipJFry
    Don't work at Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKitsune
    Take the position if you are hard up for a job or if you have a penchant for punishing yourself.  

Depending on the position you are offered, the amount of "Wow this sucks" feeling will vary. If you are going to be a cashier, steel yourself for coworker drama, being asked to do seemingly random tasks that have nothing to do with cashiering, and teen to early-twenties supervisors with authority complexes. If you are going to be a merchandiser, expect to stock shelves. If you one of the minority that goes straight to sales, learn everything you can about the product you are selling as soon as possible and be realistic about who you "trust" in your department. Expect your supervisors to not be the authorities they claim to be about the product they are selling. Don't let other salesman push you around.  

Treat a job at Fry's like you are there to clock in and clock out only. If you stay long enough and are able to see through the unrealistic bullshit the supervisors and managers are attempting to peddle to you, then, and only then, would I look into the possibility of moving up. I would recommend that you view your employment at Fry's as a stepping stone to get you something better.  

Fry's used to a great place to work and I have a lot of very good memories from Fry's. but the company is mismanaged from the top from growing too big, too quickly, and not being open to new ideas. Fry's is run like it's still a small company with a handful of stores in close proximity of each other and without a clear idea of what the future of electronics retail is. They only promote from within and while this sounds like great news for the employee, not hiring management staff from the outside world means that the people in charge have the same stale ideas and ways of thinking that their bosses, who have since moved up or moved on, drilled into them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    You'll have a better time working at the Best Buy nearby.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjarab
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2016
    HI Frys peeps.  
    Can anyone help me? I purchased my tv just a year ago. Its not working. I did purchase the extended warranty. It's just been HECK getting it repaired. Theres always a problem. Wrong part / defective part... its been 2 months. The service manager has been of no use and I can't get near the GM.  
    Please...  
    AB~
  2.  permalink
    @ jarab

Since you chose a random thread to post not even a comment, but instead an unrelated request; please go to a busy street corner and hurl yourself into oncoming traffic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2016
    jarab: HI Frys peeps.  
    Can anyone help me? I purchased my tv just a year ago. Its not working. I did purchase the extended warranty. It's just been HECK getting it repaired. Theres always a problem. Wrong part / defective part... its been 2 months. The service manager has been of no use and I can't get near the GM.  
    Please...  
    AB~

Talk to the store manager and bring your documentation. If that doesn't work, you can call home office.
  3.  permalink
    Price match with Best Buy and buy from them.
  4.  permalink
    Rather then work at Fry's, San Marcos, you should hitch a ride on the next alien craft that wanders into our solar system. Ask said beings, who have tech that would appear like magic to you, to take you to the closest black hole. Make sure it is rotating, following the math in the Kerr Metric, explain that you would like them to build you a time machine. Just have them read a few Wikipedia articles or some science fiction stories to get motivated .

Once said Time Machine is built, travel back to 554 B.C. to Akragas, Sicily and make sure to jump into the Brazen Bull right before Phalaris is thrown into it--as you are slowly roasted alive, your screams amplified by a series of tubes and sounding like the bellows of a bull, be thankful you chose this fate and not employment at Fry's.