Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2016
    Was told by a former employee how, during a V-Conn, a sup asked if returning a commission item will deduct the commission paid from the employee's paycheck - a kind of obvious question but still a valid one, especially if your commission-only subordinates are anxious to know.  

Randy was in the V-Conn, holding the mic, and starting imitating Biff Tannen from Back to the Future saying, "Hello? Hello? Is anybody home?" in front of the entire conference with the employee zoomed in on camera. Everyone laughed, but a lot of them probably because they had to.  

What a complete fucking douchebag. Another reason I recommend starting a union is so you can tell Randy to shove it up his ass.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Randy Fry is coming to a store near you!
    I hear that Randy Fry is visiting all of the stores....
    What happens when Randy Fry and his cronies come to your store?
    Randy Fry and the Missing Peacocks
    Is Randy Fry a greedy Jew?
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2016
    Even better - work elsewhere. Fry's reputation as an employer is well known. At this point, the only ones that work there are those that are either unemployable elsewhere, need the flexibility to fit their college schedule (as if Fry's really accommodates them), or lack the motivation to put the effort in to work elsewhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2016
    Fry's has 14,000 employees. That doesn't excuse the company from treating their coworkers like this.
  2.  permalink
    A perfect example of Frys management, retarded supervisors and asshole managers.

Typical Frys review, I was helped by an untrained emoyee who took me to his retarded supervisor who took me to his manager that wouldn't look at me. I then got it of amazon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2016
    Guest: A perfect example of Frys management, retarded supervisors and asshole managers.  

Typical Frys review, I was helped by an untrained emoyee who took me to his retarded supervisor who took me to his manager that wouldn't look at me. I then got it of amazon.

I know. It's sad that Fry's has such a monopoly on electronic stores. I hate shopping there because of that.  

And yes, I always look at Amazon before resourcing to Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2016
    Fry's has a monopoly on electronic stores?

Laughing Hysterically.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    ObiWan: Fry's has a monopoly on electronic stores?

They do. In the places I've lived, there's no other store that has the kind of variety and low prices that I've been to. Best Buy has a really crappy variety of items by comparison. The only better alternatives are online retailers like Amazon or Newegg, but if you need it now, Fry's is your only option.  

Also, judging by how Fry's bullies their vendors makes me believe that they do have some level of monopolistic power over vendors as well. Otherwise, you wouldn't have vendor invoices taking forever to be paid off, or Samsung issuing the ultimatum of upfront payment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    If Fry's has a monopoly on anything, it's selling just a bunch of crap. Sure...you can get all the parts to build a custom desktop - good luck with getting working components on the first try. Last time I stopped at a Fry's was when I was at NASA. Very few customers, kinda had a musty smell, stuff strewn all over the place.
  3.  permalink
    If Frys understood that gp comes from customer service and not cutting labor they would dominate. Read the Frys reviews on Google and yelp about any location. One real comlaint, no customer service. Everything else is there. But since they treat people like shit, no one buys, no money, no new product, cut labor cut selection, keep cutting and wondering where all the customers went.
  4.  permalink
    The internet isn't hurting Frys, home office is hurting Frys.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2016
    ObiWan: If Fry's has a monopoly on anything, it's selling just a bunch of crap. Sure...you can get all the parts to build a custom desktop - good luck with getting working components on the first try. Last time I stopped at a Fry's was when I was at NASA. Very few customers, kinda had a musty smell, stuff strewn all over the place.

Do I know you? Was this at Ames?
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2016
    Josh:
    ObiWan: If Fry's has a monopoly on anything, it's selling just a bunch of crap. Sure...you can get all the parts to build a custom desktop - good luck with getting working components on the first try. Last time I stopped at a Fry's was when I was at NASA. Very few customers, kinda had a musty smell, stuff strewn all over the place.

[waves hand and does Jedi mind trick] - "no, you don't know me". The only Fry's location close to NASA (aka Johnson Space Center) is in Webster, TX. Was at JSC for a photo project, and then stopped by Fried just to look around.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKitsune
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2016
    Webster is still sad. West Rd (Gunspoint) isn't much better but at least it doesn't feel like it's on life support.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2016 edited
    ObiWan:
    Josh:

[waves hand and does Jedi mind trick] - "no, you don't know me". The only Fry's location close to NASA (aka Johnson Space Center) is in Webster, TX. Was at JSC for a photo project, and then stopped by Fried just to look around.

Well, at least you have a good sense of humor.  

Ames isn't too far from the Fremont Fry's. I'd say a lot of the Fremont folks are familiar with me, but that location has substantially changed since I left that area. I suppose I wouldn't want to elaborate much more besides saying that I made frequent stops between Fremont and Ames for unknown reasons.
  5.  permalink
    There's a much closer Fry's at Palo Alto near Moffett, unless I'm reading this wrong. Compared to Fremont, Ames is nearly as close to SJ or Campbell stores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2016
    Guest: There's a much closer Fry's at Palo Alto near Moffett, unless I'm reading this wrong. Compared to Fremont, Ames is nearly as close to SJ or Campbell stores.

No, you're right. That store slipped my mind, sorry.
  6.  permalink
    No apologies needed, my friend. Having been in that store only once ever in my life, it is very easy to overlook as a Walmart dressed up as barn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMedivh
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2016
    He came into store 10 over a week ago, I remember everyone being on their best behavior and getting their departments cleaned up etc. He walked in and the sm, Alfons quickly made his way to greet him help carry his balls. They went off as a group toward either the V-con area for about 20 minutes, then he just left. Literally didn't even walk around and check out the departments. Cunt.