Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    Plz someone help me out. im in a bad situation and i need someone with knowledge of the loss prevention officers duty!!!!!
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Help with loss prevention problem
    Sleeping with Loss Prevention
    Can loss prevention from your previous employer call you in?
    How to find out whos a loss prevention officer at any store
    Paul Daniello of Fry's Loss Prevention is a criminal
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2016
    thundergod12: Plz someone help me out. im in a bad situation and i need someone with knowledge of the loss prevention officers duty!!!!!

Please go on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorthundergod12
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2016 edited
    Anakin:
    thundergod12: Plz someone help me out. im in a bad situation and i need someone with knowledge of the loss prevention officers duty!!!!!

Please go on.
    ok well im 16, live in wisconsin, and im not going to lie, i attempted to steal from walmart the other day. i took the merchandise into the bathroom to unbox, tucked it in my jacket and walked out. but when i walked out of the bathroom there was a man there. first i didnt know who he was so i just started walking around. but then he started to follow me everywhere and he was talking on the phone too so i got super fricken scared. as i was walking aroundt the store i just freaked out and put quickly hid the items i tried to steal away on random shelves. i then headed for the exit and noticed he was still following me. but when i had left the store no one bothered to stop me and i just went back home. but im wondering if they stopped following me just because they scared me? or should i be expecting a visit from the police very soon? because i know that some walmarts have a policy where they only stop people 18-65 yrs of age. so did i just get lucky or they didnt bother to stop me but some how got my lisence plate and are contacting the police so they can come get me? plz help, im honestly scared to death right now :(  

I dont really know the protocal for LP officers when they do something like this. but if u can help it will be greatly appreciated.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2016
    No, you did not commit a crime. Leaving the store with unpaid merchandise is a crime. Thinking about it but changing your mind isn't.  

Don't be stupid. I see these idiots taking stuff out of the store and getting arrested. Then, when they try to get a job / go to college / join the military / become public servants, they sometimes can't do so because of their criminal background, which never leaves you.  

Consider yourself lucky. If stealing is an unstoppable impulse you have, consider telling your parents and asking them to get you help.  

And don't end up like this guy - he wishes he had another chance to pay for it:

3_495.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 4091
    If you're in a store and any store security stops you and says they know u stole, ignore them and walk out the door. They're trying to burn you cuz they don't have enough evidence to stop you. If they did, they would get you after you left the store.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 4091
    Go here, crimedoctor.com/shoplifting2.htm
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    Kids these days...... what is this world coming to?
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    r3j3ct: Kids these days...... what is this world coming to?

They get that from politicians that keep promising to provide all sorts of "free" stuff
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    Watch this video, as it's probably one of the most important things you may watch. I don't recommend shoplifting, but you should at least know your rights:  

https://youtu.be/yqMjMPlXzdA
  3.  permalink
    Nothing is free. Theft requires you to develop a skill set in order the achieve your goal. Just like network programming. If you know what you're doing the network will work, if not you get fired. Stealing us something you have to work on. But just like all the computer technicians and a+ certified individuals. There are more people that think they know what they are doing vs people that do, so you just seem to always run into morons who talk big but had no idea a CMOS battery could cause so much trouble.
  4.  permalink
    In order to stop you, they MUST
    1. Confirm that you didn't walk into the building with that item.
    2. Approach the item
    3. Select the item.
    4. Conceal the item.
    5. Continuous non stop surveillance of you after you pocketed the item.

If they don't have all 5 of those steps, most places will not stop you, in fear of litigation.

If you made it to the bathroom, then you are all clear. They no longer have non stop surveillance of you. If they were on to you, they would have blocked off the bathrooms.
    Now, what they could have done after that, is attempted to "burn" you at the front door, like someone said earlier. This means that they won't stop you, but they will attempt to prevent you from stealing by making it seem like they will arrest you at the front door. Again though, if you made it to the restrooms, then they won't stop you at the door.

What you do need to be aware of though, is that you will not be able to do it again without being caught. They are very good at filing reports and ensuring that everyone knows what your face looks like, so that when you come in again, you will get caught.

Just stop stealing. Grow up. And get out of Wisconsin. No one outside of Wisconsin even realizes that state exists!! Ha!
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2016
    OK buddy, learn your lesson: when shoplifting, first go to the bathroom before leaving the store. If it's closed, pay. If it's open, don't.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2016
    Charlie: OK buddy, learn your lesson: when shoplifting, first go to the bathroom before leaving the store. If it's closed, pay. If it's open, don't.

or....don't shoplift at all 'cuz it's illegal
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2016
    Actually, try concealing an item but first go to the restroom. If there's a barricade blocking you, just move it asaide and walk in. Leave the item there and walk out of the store and let us know what happens.